“Are you sure this is The Sheraton?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Are you sure this is The Sheraton?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Rooms are good
Location is good, walking distance from everything however in Noosa, there are better options in terms of proximity to the beach
Overall ambience is not that of a five star hotel, the pool and outdoor area needs expert redesigning, the area is very disorganised and there is a clear lack of spatial arrangement and outdoor decoration stripping it from a classy resort feel.
The staff are NOT courteous, certainly not up to Sheraton standards. They were highly unprofessional in terms of initially telling us breakfast was included then admitting to have made a mistake then changing there mind back and forth?

Room Tip: Good if you're after a good room, close distance to Hastings, not directly on the beach so try a...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DoctorTTravel
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear DoctorTTravel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for your review of this resort. As we pride ourselves on providing our guests with a great product and exceptional Sheraton branded service, I would like to sincerely apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. There is a lot of truth in the saying ‘first impressions count’ and I am genuinely disappointed that you were left with a less than positive first impression. I was also very interested reading your comments and suggestions about the pool and general outdoor areas. As you are a seasoned traveller and loyal Starwood guest, if you have the time and would like to discuss any aspects of your stay further, I would welcome the opportunity to chat with you personally. Once again DoctorTTravel, thank you for taking the time to post your review and if you would like to discuss any details of your stay or should your travel plans bring you back to Noosa, please let me know.

Stephen Ferrigno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Location:
good location with an exit on Hastings Street

Rooms:
big rooms with nice bathroom and big shower

- free WiFi only available in the reception area or business center, WiFi in the room will be charged
- safe
- tea in the room

Service:
good service

Breakfast:
- no proper cereal, just the sugar loaded stuff such as cornflakes
- only filter coffee is free (or instant coffee in the case of decaffeinated); latte's; flat white's & cappuccino's etc will be charged)
- we would have expected a better breakfast given the name Sheraton and what we paid

Dear Aloha75
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing to stay with us recently. I am glad that you had the opportunity to stay in one of our newly refurbished rooms and I value the feedback that you have shared. One of the advantages of receiving feedback from our guests is that is enables us to improve and fine tune the product that we offer our guests and as in your case, I have already discussed your comments and suggestions with our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager and would like to thank you for passing them onto me.
In relation to your comment on the hotel’s WiFi, only last week we increased our internet bandwidth to enhance the guest experience and we now are able to provide complimentary internet to hotel guests throughout the Resort, including all guest rooms.
Thank you again for your post and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for another relaxing Aussie holiday in beautiful Noosa.
Tauranga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent 5 nights here in a top floor room overlooking the pool. The newly refurbished hotel has been updated beautifully with quality fittings throughout and is extremely comfortable with a bed that was hard to get out of!
The breakfasts provided in the adjacent restaurant were the best I've seen in a while and watching the short order cook doing eggs, omelets and so on was some of the best entertainment I've seen! He's very skilful.
The hotel is in situated nicely in Hastings St, only a 100 metres from the beach and close to restaurants, shops and other amenities. Walking out the back door takes you to the ferry wharf right on the river and the trip on the ferry around the canals is well worthwhile.
The staff were helpful and friendly and the Concierge knew all the best local restaurants and was very obliging in making bookings, even taking it upon himself to change one of them when he couldn't get us into the first one we selected.
All in all, an excellent stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the top floor and get the pool side.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear harlequin2
You have said it all! I’m glad that the weather was so glorious for you during your stay - even though you sound like you could have spent more time enjoying the luxury of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed!
The hotel really is in the ideal location and perfect for our guests who do not wish to drive anywhere while they are here. There are so many local attractions within easy walking distance to the hotel - Noosa Main Beach, the River and Boardwalk and of course the famous National Park to name but a few and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience so much of this.
I also enjoyed reading your comments about the exceptional staff here, especially our Breakfast Chef and the Concierge Team which I have already shared with them so they will know first-hand of your gratitude for their service and assistance to you on this occasion.

Once again harlequin2, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel plans bring you ‘back across the ditch’.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here and will not be the last. The Exterior of the Hotel has been painted and our room, newly renovated with a fresh contemporary beach feel. It has been dragged out of the 80's. Yay. The only small let down is that you have to exit the Hotel to get to the Restaurant for Breakfast...

Other than that, the service and hotel staff are great!!

Room Tip: We had Room 623 Deluxe, King Bed, Pool and Ocean View with a sunny balcony. Luxxe!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear STSurryHills
Thank you for returning to Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa, (formerly the Pink Palace!) and for your positive comments on our resort refurbishment.

This recent hotel renovation (including all guest rooms, exterior façade, Restaurant and Bar) has been very positively received, and I am delighted that it has enhanced the enjoyment of your stay. All of us here are extremely proud of our beautiful ‘new look’ resort and one of the suggestions for our Staff Christmas Party is an ‘80’s theme’ as a tribute to the previous décor!
Once again STSurryHills, thank you for posting your review and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon for another relaxing Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa (dare I say the White Castle!) holiday sometime soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Top floor room overlooking sea in the distance but looking straight down into a car park & the roofs of a shopping centre. Unfortunately, we were alerted to a lot of noise late at night & had to close our sliding doors.The room was bright & airy but the lounge was so uncomfortable we had to sit on our bed to watch t.v. The air conditioner was set at 20 degrees celcius & I felt hot through the night not being able to adjust the control.
The bedding however was very comfortable. Also the pool area was a joy except for the selfesh few who play ball across the pool & spoil it for others who want to move around freely without a ball being hurled in their direction. The minority always spoil it for the majourity, such a shame!
The staff were friendly & polite, a credit to the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool I will next time if I have the opportunity.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PaulaW
I’m pleased that overall you had a relaxing break and thank you for the valuable feedback you have provided us with regarding your stay. Managing the poolside experience is an interesting balance of often competing preferences, however, our wonderful pool bar staff do constantly monitor this area to ensure that all of our guests are able to relax and enjoy this wonderful facility as much and as fairly as we can.
Thank you as well for your feedback in relation to your room allocation. We do have a personal and detailed guest profile system in place in the hotel and would ask that you kindly contact the resort directly with your details in future so we can update your profile with your preferred room type which in turn will ensure that your next stay is a thoroughly enjoyable and hopefully quieter experience.
We are reviewing the air-conditioning system and having spent in excess of $500K upgrading this facility are still progressing through the final re-commissioning of the new system. Having said that, one of the sustainability settings will see the air-conditioning cut-out as the sliding door sensor notes the door in open and the unit will not be able to reach the desired temperature and so goes into “quiet” mode.
Once again PaulaW thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Decided to spend 6 days here to indulge myself in luxury and that is what I got. The room was excellent and the view was great. The staff were always willing to help and the only exception was when I booked in I waited until 3pm to get the key to the room. But it was worth it. The facilities were excellent in every way. The pool was clean and staffed by a very happy bunch of people who served meals at your pool chair in a very happy manner. For me this was a holiday that provided me with relaxation with a good dose of luxury. I will go back here when I need a great holiday. It is in the middle of every thing and they go out of the way to help you. Breakfast was great and very good staff. I will write separately about the restaurants.
The refurbishment of this hotel is a credit to them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear nbrown1
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa for your recent break away and for sharing your encouraging comments on our resort refurbishment.

The changes we have made have been very positively received, and all of us here are extremely proud of our beautiful resort, still in its unique location.

One of our resort’s greatest assets however is the wonderful team here who take pride in taking care of our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed the warm, friendly and professional service they extended to you during your stay and I have already shared your post on our internal associate noticeboard and took the time to read your review at our daily briefing to capture the essence of what true hospitality is about and how pride in service can make the difference between a great or less than great stay.

Once again nbrown1, we appreciate the feedback you have provided in your review and for the personal letter you left for me (which I shall address separately) and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time feel like indulging in some more Noosa luxury.

Warmest regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great location on Hastings Street. Short walk to the beach, even shorter walk to the hotel pool. Refurbished rooms are very large as were the bathroom, very clean and tidy.Good size balcony with a great view over the river, sit with a drink and watch the ferries & Gondola arrive & leave the pontoon. Only downside would be the breakfast, didn't seem enough to go around when busy. all the staff were very friendly.

Thank Bill.Nes
Dear Bill.Ness
I am delighted that your weekend away was both relaxing and enjoyable. Our River View rooms (personally my favourite) certainly do provide the perfect location to enjoy so many of the Noosa River attributes and gives you the opportunity to just watch the world go by from the comfort of your private balcony whilst sipping away on your favourite drink. To coin a phrase “It doesn’t get much better than this”.
I also appreciate your comment regarding the breakfast in the Noosa Beach House which I have already passed onto our new Restaurant Manager so this can be addressed as soon as possible.

Bill.Ness, thank you once again for your review and as you are just down the road, we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime soon.