“Great rooms, poor breakfast, limited free WiFi”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Location:
good location with an exit on Hastings Street

Rooms:
big rooms with nice bathroom and big shower

- free WiFi only available in the reception area or business center, WiFi in the room will be charged
- safe
- tea in the room

Service:
good service

Breakfast:
- no proper cereal, just the sugar loaded stuff such as cornflakes
- only filter coffee is free (or instant coffee in the case of decaffeinated); latte's; flat white's & cappuccino's etc will be charged)
- we would have expected a better breakfast given the name Sheraton and what we paid

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Aloha75
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing to stay with us recently. I am glad that you had the opportunity to stay in one of our newly refurbished rooms and I value the feedback that you have shared. One of the advantages of receiving feedback from our guests is that is enables us to improve and fine tune the product that we offer our guests and as in your case, I have already discussed your comments and suggestions with our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager and would like to thank you for passing them onto me.
In relation to your comment on the hotel’s WiFi, only last week we increased our internet bandwidth to enhance the guest experience and we now are able to provide complimentary internet to hotel guests throughout the Resort, including all guest rooms.
Thank you again for your post and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for another relaxing Aussie holiday in beautiful Noosa.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent 5 nights here in a top floor room overlooking the pool. The newly refurbished hotel has been updated beautifully with quality fittings throughout and is extremely comfortable with a bed that was hard to get out of!
The breakfasts provided in the adjacent restaurant were the best I've seen in a while and watching the short order cook doing eggs, omelets and so on was some of the best entertainment I've seen! He's very skilful.
The hotel is in situated nicely in Hastings St, only a 100 metres from the beach and close to restaurants, shops and other amenities. Walking out the back door takes you to the ferry wharf right on the river and the trip on the ferry around the canals is well worthwhile.
The staff were helpful and friendly and the Concierge knew all the best local restaurants and was very obliging in making bookings, even taking it upon himself to change one of them when he couldn't get us into the first one we selected.
All in all, an excellent stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the top floor and get the pool side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear harlequin2
You have said it all! I’m glad that the weather was so glorious for you during your stay - even though you sound like you could have spent more time enjoying the luxury of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed!
The hotel really is in the ideal location and perfect for our guests who do not wish to drive anywhere while they are here. There are so many local attractions within easy walking distance to the hotel - Noosa Main Beach, the River and Boardwalk and of course the famous National Park to name but a few and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience so much of this.
I also enjoyed reading your comments about the exceptional staff here, especially our Breakfast Chef and the Concierge Team which I have already shared with them so they will know first-hand of your gratitude for their service and assistance to you on this occasion.

Once again harlequin2, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel plans bring you ‘back across the ditch’.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here and will not be the last. The Exterior of the Hotel has been painted and our room, newly renovated with a fresh contemporary beach feel. It has been dragged out of the 80's. Yay. The only small let down is that you have to exit the Hotel to get to the Restaurant for Breakfast...

Other than that, the service and hotel staff are great!!

Room Tip: We had Room 623 Deluxe, King Bed, Pool and Ocean View with a sunny balcony. Luxxe!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear STSurryHills
Thank you for returning to Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa, (formerly the Pink Palace!) and for your positive comments on our resort refurbishment.

This recent hotel renovation (including all guest rooms, exterior façade, Restaurant and Bar) has been very positively received, and I am delighted that it has enhanced the enjoyment of your stay. All of us here are extremely proud of our beautiful ‘new look’ resort and one of the suggestions for our Staff Christmas Party is an ‘80’s theme’ as a tribute to the previous décor!
Once again STSurryHills, thank you for posting your review and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon for another relaxing Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa (dare I say the White Castle!) holiday sometime soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Top floor room overlooking sea in the distance but looking straight down into a car park & the roofs of a shopping centre. Unfortunately, we were alerted to a lot of noise late at night & had to close our sliding doors.The room was bright & airy but the lounge was so uncomfortable we had to sit on our bed to watch t.v. The air conditioner was set at 20 degrees celcius & I felt hot through the night not being able to adjust the control.
The bedding however was very comfortable. Also the pool area was a joy except for the selfesh few who play ball across the pool & spoil it for others who want to move around freely without a ball being hurled in their direction. The minority always spoil it for the majourity, such a shame!
The staff were friendly & polite, a credit to the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool I will next time if I have the opportunity.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear PaulaW
I’m pleased that overall you had a relaxing break and thank you for the valuable feedback you have provided us with regarding your stay. Managing the poolside experience is an interesting balance of often competing preferences, however, our wonderful pool bar staff do constantly monitor this area to ensure that all of our guests are able to relax and enjoy this wonderful facility as much and as fairly as we can.
Thank you as well for your feedback in relation to your room allocation. We do have a personal and detailed guest profile system in place in the hotel and would ask that you kindly contact the resort directly with your details in future so we can update your profile with your preferred room type which in turn will ensure that your next stay is a thoroughly enjoyable and hopefully quieter experience.
We are reviewing the air-conditioning system and having spent in excess of $500K upgrading this facility are still progressing through the final re-commissioning of the new system. Having said that, one of the sustainability settings will see the air-conditioning cut-out as the sliding door sensor notes the door in open and the unit will not be able to reach the desired temperature and so goes into “quiet” mode.
Once again PaulaW thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Decided to spend 6 days here to indulge myself in luxury and that is what I got. The room was excellent and the view was great. The staff were always willing to help and the only exception was when I booked in I waited until 3pm to get the key to the room. But it was worth it. The facilities were excellent in every way. The pool was clean and staffed by a very happy bunch of people who served meals at your pool chair in a very happy manner. For me this was a holiday that provided me with relaxation with a good dose of luxury. I will go back here when I need a great holiday. It is in the middle of every thing and they go out of the way to help you. Breakfast was great and very good staff. I will write separately about the restaurants.
The refurbishment of this hotel is a credit to them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear nbrown1
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa for your recent break away and for sharing your encouraging comments on our resort refurbishment.

The changes we have made have been very positively received, and all of us here are extremely proud of our beautiful resort, still in its unique location.

One of our resort’s greatest assets however is the wonderful team here who take pride in taking care of our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed the warm, friendly and professional service they extended to you during your stay and I have already shared your post on our internal associate noticeboard and took the time to read your review at our daily briefing to capture the essence of what true hospitality is about and how pride in service can make the difference between a great or less than great stay.

Once again nbrown1, we appreciate the feedback you have provided in your review and for the personal letter you left for me (which I shall address separately) and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time feel like indulging in some more Noosa luxury.

Warmest regards

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great location on Hastings Street. Short walk to the beach, even shorter walk to the hotel pool. Refurbished rooms are very large as were the bathroom, very clean and tidy.Good size balcony with a great view over the river, sit with a drink and watch the ferries & Gondola arrive & leave the pontoon. Only downside would be the breakfast, didn't seem enough to go around when busy. all the staff were very friendly.

Thank Bill.Nes

Dear Bill.Ness
I am delighted that your weekend away was both relaxing and enjoyable. Our River View rooms (personally my favourite) certainly do provide the perfect location to enjoy so many of the Noosa River attributes and gives you the opportunity to just watch the world go by from the comfort of your private balcony whilst sipping away on your favourite drink. To coin a phrase “It doesn’t get much better than this”.
I also appreciate your comment regarding the breakfast in the Noosa Beach House which I have already passed onto our new Restaurant Manager so this can be addressed as soon as possible.

Bill.Ness, thank you once again for your review and as you are just down the road, we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

What a fantastic refurbishment....an already remarkable hotel made even more beautiful and relaxed with a complete makeover. As always friendly staff and amazing location make the Sheraton Noosa one of the best holiday destinations on the planet in my opinion.

Room Tip: We had a 5th floor room with a river view and our friends were on same floor with pool view Both Gr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank stuart c

Dear Stuart c
Thank you for your fabulous review and for choosing to stay with us once again. It was a pleasure to read your very positive comments on our beautiful resort and I am delighted that you loved the results of our recent refurbishment. Like all of our returning guests we are seeing some fantastic comments and more particularly universal praise for the refurbishment and all it brings to our Resort and our community. And of course as you know one of our resort’s greatest assets is our wonderful associates, and we are delighted you enjoyed and appreciated the warm, friendly and professional service extended during your stay.

We hope you will return with the family for another stay sometime soon.