“Beach Bum BAM!”
Review of Beach Bum Australia - CLOSED

Beach Bum Australia
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach Bum is much more than just your average surf school, we are a boutique style tours company offering patrons the opportunity to live the life of a true "Aussie Beach Bum" through an eclectic mix of tour options that takes our guests to some of the very best, most pristine, exciting and unique attractions that SE Queensland and Northern NSW have to offer.
Reviewed April 16, 2012

6:30 in the morning I’m already prepared and be punctual in the said venue to meet. It’s very freezing morning even if I have a jacket, m body can’t resist with the very cold breeze that strikes on me. Scott will pick me up here at the resort to have my first ever surfing experience here at oz. Is it sounds great?

We went to the Gold Coast, at the D Beach with my new surfing mates Rachel, Mellissa, and Declan. They are all young and we are all first timer. My todays sponsor is the Beach Bum Surfing, I’ve met the world’s best surfing instructor, Scott Dillion. He is Queensland Surfing Champion and he is very humble. It’s my pleasure to meet him and he taught us very well and the good thing is I’ve made it to balance my body for just – A B C. It’s very addictive to surf and just like I’ve done it before (Dejavu). For me it’s absolutely fascinating and I love to play with the waves even though it is just a basic lesson.

After we had a great surfing lesson, before we go home, we went to other places. We went to the surfing store and heaps of surfing board, beach related tshirt, etc. We went also to the freezing falls here in Gold Coast. Lastly, Scott brought me in the place where surf board is being made and exported international. He really have a passion in surfing and even if while we travel, on his car he let me to watch some surfing competition and its very inspiring. It’s difficult yet it’s interesting.

Thanks Scott you did a great job. 10 Thumbs up! If you want to learn surf here in oz I strongly recommend BEACH BUM! BAM!.

BeachBumNoosa, Owner at Beach Bum Australia, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Beach Bum Surfaris endeavours to make each individuals experience with us as enjoyable and memorable as possible whilst still being educational.
Our value for money Tours are designed with you, the guest in mind.
He thankyou all for taking the time to review us and hope you continue your individual quests to become True Aussie Beach Bums....

Reviewed April 1, 2012

The Beach Bum trip was one of the best weekends we had in Australia. We got unique surf lessons from very nice, caring and professional instructors, went to special places and had the best fun in Surfers Paradise. Everything was just great! Thanks – you gave us an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Not just a pile them in Surf school. Personal attention, small groups and excellent location. Everyone got up on their boards within a few tries due to Scott's excellent training technique. Can't wait to get my own board now and know that if I continue the way I have been taught will be riding the big waves soon.

Scott spent the entire lesson in the water getting everyone positioned correctly to make best use of the wave. The negative reviewer must be confused as the whole methodology of the learning experience requires the instructor to be right there with you. Everything is hands on by the instructor and definitely would not work if he was stood on the beach.

Will recommend Beach Bums to all my friends who want to learn to surf.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Had the best weekend ever, learnt to surf, had a great night out and the natural rock pools were beautiful. I would certainly go again...best weekend ever.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My 2 American friends and i went on the day trip with no expectations; we were VERY pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had! Our guide Scott was amazing, super friendly, and got all of us standing on the boards within the first few tries. He showed us great views of the beaches, even took us to a special waterfall spot with natural pools and sliding rocks. He also took us Zorbing since we had extra time, which we loved! Overall, great experience-we'd recommend it to anyone!