“Awesome day out well organised”

The Discovery Group - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$144.22*
and up
Fraser Island 4WD Tour from Noosa or Rainbow Beach
Ranked #6 of 45 Tours in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Discovery Group is a multi award winning market leader in eco-tourism, based in Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia.

We offer unique one and two day adventure travel to World Heritage Listed Fraser Island.

We also offer relaxed river cruises into the "Noosa Everglades" and 3 Day / 2 Night self guided Canoe Safaris into - a pristine wilderness area in the upper catchment of the Noosa River system. Experience a company without compromise.
Experience The Discovery Group.
Foulridge, United Kingdom
391 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 426 helpful votes
“Awesome day out well organised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had prebooked this trip in the UK 1 year before coming out and so I was a little apprehensive making sure everything was as booked when it came to it.

Why I ever doubted them I will never know, brilliantly organised. Started well, my booking sheet said pickup at our hotel for 06:40 and bang on the nose the bus was there. Our tour guild was a chap called Ed who was excellent. His knowledge and enthusiasm was contagious which made the entire bus interested in what he had to say and join in. It was more than obvious that he loved his job and loved telling other about the islands and it's history very interesting man.

The island itself is beautiful and amazing to think its 100% sand and yet there's a rainforest growing out of it!! The BBQ prepared for lunch was also very tasty, fish, steak, sausage and salad with drinks and before that we had stopped on the beach for drinks and cake.

The only thing I would warm people is that I didn't appreciate how far away it was and how long of a drive it was. Also it is very very bumpy as the roads are pure sand with periodic tree roots sticking out meaning the drive is more of a 4x4 course. That I though made it more fun. We stopped at Lake Mckenzie which was beautiful and had just over an hour to swim before lunch.

All in all the island is beautiful and once in a lifetime. The tour was very well put together, professional and enjoyable.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfectly organized, unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The whole trip was amazing! I did the 2 days tour to Fraser Island and I'm sure I'll never forget it. Our guide was great, he organized everything perfectly well and took very good care of us. On top of that he knew so much about the Island, its eco-system and other mystical stories. I also really enjoyed our stay in the lovely apartments in Happy Valley, a peaceful little town on Fraser Island. The food was great, as well as the atmosphere within the group. All in all a perfect escape from the hectic everyday life right into nature. Not only because of the dolphins, dingos, whales, turtles, snakes and lizards but also because of the the sky sparkling with stars at night, the island is definitely worth a visit.

2 Thank Susanne R
Sydney, Australia
“Great Tour, Greater Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Tour was great. Food was great. Tour guide was truly a renaissance man: witty, informative, and great at cooking. Nothing more to expect from a tour guide. Try to get Robert if you can.

Zwolle, The Netherlands
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very knowledgable guide and beautiful tour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Let me begin by giving a very big shout out to our guide Ed! He was one of the best guides I've ever experienced. You could tell he loves his job and Fraser Island and it made our trip to the Great Sandy NP so enjoyable. He knew so much about the area and I found the stories about the special eco-system of Fraser and the Aborigines very interesting. The island itself is very beautiful and driving on the beach is a experience on its own. Lake McKenzie is pretty (wasn't as blue as we were expecting and really busy) and the rainforest is gorgeous.

I wouldn't recommend renting your own 4WD and tour the island because the risk of getting lost or stuck is quite high (we saw a few people who's car broke down). Take this tour instead and you're guaranteed a great time!

Melbourne, Australia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Relaxation with the environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Decided to do the Everglades tour and was pleased I did. I was picked up at the hotel, taken to the boat and was treated to stories about everything in Noosa by Trevor, an operator of tours for 30 years, and he certainly new the area.
We went upstream and had a great morning tea beside a lake filled with wildlife and lillies. Then myself and another person paddled 5km in a canoe up the river, with fantastic scenery, to Harry's hut where a BBQ lunch was waiting for us. This was great. Steak or barramundi with salads and you certainly did not leave hungry.
We then returned along the river and Trevor pointed out many things along the way that the ordinary eye would never see. We even saw a snake swimming across the river, amazing.
It was a great day, started at 8.30am and returned home at 4pm with a smile that said this was value for money. Just a great day!!!!!

Visited September 2013