“Gnocchi gnocchi gnocchi gnocchi omg”
Review of Ipazzi Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Ipazzi Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had been told about this little place that made the best home made gnocchi in Noosa and decided to race in on the way to the theater. The waitress was so great, friendly and when we told her we had to be out in a hurry. We ordered and the gnocchi arrived. We didn't speak we both just enjoyed one of the most beautiful dishes I had eaton in a long time. Took me straight back to my time in Italy. Wow it does not get much better. Not expensive. Cute Italian space and great staff. Can not wait to go back with friends and try the rest of the menue. I think this could become my second home.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We visited Ipazzi last Friday and were very happy to have chosen this unassuming Sicialian restaurant. It did indeed meet and exceed our expectations. As we are retirees, we dont go out to dine as often as we would like, but felt, unlike Ian W, the food was great value and well worth every dollar ! We paid $108 for the following....2 massive entrees (will only order one next time, as they are more than sufficient for 2) consisting of Tomato Bruschetta (fresh and garlicky perfect) and a dish of Sicilian olives and crostinni, followed by the Ipazzi Pizza, perfectly prepared (finally an authentic Italian base) and heavy on the topping, while my husband had homemade pasta with fresh seafood (you can tell the difference by a million miles when pasta is expertly home made), plus a rockett parmesan green salad, followed by (yes, our tummies can contain a huge amount of food that is soooooooooooo good) the famous tiramisu (well, if it isn't famous, it certainly deserves to be, light as air, with just a hint of decadence), Italian ice cream with marinated sour cherries, coffees and oh yes, corkage for 2. Now, as I said earlier, we do have to watch our pennies, but the quality and authentic Italian food that was served to us by the delightful and engaging Ruby, we feel was worth every cent. Ian W, how can you call that expensive ???? We have travelled throughout Italy and do believe that we know what we are talking about. So, if you want a fabulous Italian dinner, excellent service, no frills, head for Ipazzi tonight !

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Before I start my review on ipazzi, I must comment on the previous post by Ian W. I'm not actually sure if he's criticising Trip Advisor, we reviewers or the restaurant but if he feels (as implied) that under $70 is expensive for two to dine out, then perhaps he should be eating at home....it sounds as though he may be a disgruntled restauranteur himself, that copped a bad review or three!!?

Stumbled upon this little corner of Sicily purely by accident but it was the highlight of our week in Noosa!! Having eaten out most nights of our holiday, it was a breath of fresh air to discover authentic Italian cooking of the very highest standard, using obviously quality ingredients. The fresh pasta was divine and my sons pizza delicious (yes, I pinched at least two slices).

Having eaten at some pretty "good" Italians including Apsleys in London and La Pergola in Rome, I can honestly say the food here was better (although not as grand) at a fifth of the price. Even better, you don't get Heinz Beck telling you to wear a jacket and you can buy a good bottle of Chianti at the Bottle Shop across the road for $15,as ipazzi is BYO. The two of us shared a lovely bruschetta starter (6 pieces!) had fresh pasta & pizza mains, a beautiful creamy pannacotta and flat whites, all for $82.....certainly far less than any of our other bills in Noosa restaurants Mr.W.

It's an unpretentious little place with red & white checked tablecloths over simple wooden tables but the whole atmosphere is just comfortable and Pavarotti playing in the background. To cap it all off the service is superb, the extremely attractive young lady who runs front of house is so attentive, making you feel so very welcome......she was brilliant with my son Jamie who has Downs Syndrome. As I said before, a breath of fresh air and I'd recommend it unreservedly.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

My partner and I have been reading trip advisor restaurant reviews recently (for some reason this includes takeaway places, river cruises and little cafes) in the Noosa area.
A little Italian cafe called Ipazzi has been reviewed very favourably so we tried it out.
We ordered 1 main each and a shared entree to start, the cost was just under $70.
I won't criticise Ipazzi but I will say that I think it might be time for reviewers to be reviewed!
A lot of quality, consistently good restaurants up here cop a hammering from reviewers and it makes me wonder how they would like a few restaurant owners to come in and review their own workplaces?

3  Thank ianw861
Rubina S, Owner at Ipazzi Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hello there, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy much of the experience at Ipazzi, we would like to know what was the disappointments so we can improve. As the cost of your meal it is a strange price you mentioned as the most expensive main dish is $29 and the most expensive entree is $14...we hope you will come back again one more time to explain what was happening, we are very keen in fixing our issues and improve everytime we have any comments. Thank you and best regards
Ruby and Fabio

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very friendly service - 10 of us rocked up for coffee & cake after dinner - didn't take long, all the regular coffee's were pipping hot, but the skinny flat whites were cold - but they were redone on request- no attitude or fuss, very pleasing !

Rubina S, Owner at Ipazzi Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Hello guys, thank you so much for your review. It is very important for us. Any time you like a hot coffee or an italian hot choc after movie ipazzi will be open for you! Thanks again! Ruby and fabio