“Very happy with apartment”

Grantlea Holiday Lodge
Grantlea Holiday Lodge
Ranked #122 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My 18 year old daughter and I have just come back from a three night stay at Unit 6 Grantlea Apartments, Katharine Street, Noosa. We were very surprised on arrival to find a lovely clean cute unit, better than expected. Everything was clean and in working order. Bed was extremely comfortable. Two tv's, austar, stereo in the lounge area. Air conditioner worked perfectly and there was a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Our unit overlooked the clean, peaceful setting consisting of a pool, spa, bbq and sitting area. Kristine was there in the mornings cleaning away all the leaves and making sure everything was fine and clean. The pool area is shared only between two units. We were lucky to have had the area to ourselves when we were there. I had a hire car but dont stress if you dont have a car as we experienced so much in walking distance. Shops, restaurants and grocery stores at the end of the street plus Hastings Street was about 1km away.

I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone. Mind you this is only for two people with one bedroom.

Thank you very much for such a beautiful pleasant stay.
Lucy and Cassandra

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lucy Q

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Having just read a very negative review from May 2010 I just wanted to say the time I spent at the Grantlea Apartments, Grant Street Noosa was more than satisfactory.
The apartment was very clean, white fluffy towels, spotless bathroom and kitchen (everything that would be required was provided) outside laundry with loo and a very clean pool which was allocated for the use of only two apartments ( #2 & 3).
I would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation and certainly would use it again.

Room Tip: They have a number of properties I gather and we stayed at 30 Grant Street.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rjeas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Given the inexpensive pricing on the property (and one terrible TA review) we were a little skeptical about quality, and so when it exceeded expectations we were pleasantly surprised. The emphasis here is on *expectations*.

Grantlea is a small, quiet and relaxed self-serviced apartment complex a short walk from Noosa Junction, home of the fantastic bistro Canteen and a reasonable fresh seafood market. It's also a short drive to the fabulous Eastern Beaches, which we much prefer to the carnage that can be Hastings Street and surrounds.

Our apartment was neat and tidy, as was the pool and spa area. Noosa can be a little cold during the winter and I recommend taking an extra blanket as the amenities in-house are thin on the ground. If you're a foodie, take your fave knives and a board ... but then, if you're a foodie you're probably eating out at Noosa's abundant cafes and restaurants. Anyhow, you get the idea.

We met the complex manager one morning, who was pleasant, polite and interested in our stay.

This place (at the time of booking) is dirt cheap and on a dollar-for-dollar basis represents pretty good value for money. It is what it is and it doesn't pretend to be anything else.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank logicbox
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I have written nearly 100 reviews on Trip Advisor. Most of them have been positive. This is one of the worse I will probably ever write. This is property is an unmitigated disaster on every front. I am surprised that Wotif (which I used to book them) advertises it. It shouldn't because it is well below minimum standards. I will not go near Wotif again unless they veto their properties more carefully.

Property: it is poorly located. Many blocks from the Noosa beachfront. The apartment is a dump. The toilette is a cubicle not big enough to brush your teeth. I am not exaggerating for effect. The rooms are pokey. No pay TV. TVs were new aroung 1993. There is not even appropriate bedding. I asked for a blanket (there wasn't one and it was quite cold). The rude, sanctimonious 'manager' told me over the phone: 'We don't have any.' Enough said.

Reception and Service: Non-existent. If I hadn't had a cellphone, I would have not been able to access the property. It was complicated to find the keys to the apartment. I called them up and said: "Please come and help me". I was paying well over $100 a night for the property. The reply from the insolent 'manager': "We don't go to the properties. We have 19 in the complex." That is the level of service you shoudl expect.

Housekeeping: None. They didn't even make the beds. When I asked them for a new set of towels the reply from the insolent management was: No, we supply you with 2. You take care of them..." It was lucky I was there for 2 nights. Imagine if I had booked for a week.

This is the worst property I have ever experienced in Australia. It is expensive $115 a night off season), poorly serviced, with rude and conspicuously absent management, and with atrocious facilities.

WOTIF, and any reputable website reseller, should not sell it.
You, as a traveller, should not even consider it.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple