“Best hostel in Noosa!”

Ranked #3 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Best hostel in Noosa!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

+Very friendly staff that helped me and my friend to rebook and refund our dates so we could visit Fraser Island. +The location could have been better but since there is a free (reliant!) shuttle bus service, departing about 10 times a day, this isn't a problem.

I would recommend this hostel for those that enjoy a kicked-back, relaxed, evening, after a day at the beach. If you do want to visit the night clubs the taxi is only 20 dollars down to Hastings Street. The facilities are all new and very clean. The only negative I can possible think of is that the kitchen is closed during 9.15 to 10.30 every morning but you are still free to pick your stuff out of the fridge during the time the staff do the cleaning, they are not very strict about this closing time aslong as you dont make a huge mess while they are checking kitchen gear and cleaning. This hostel delivers top notch for the low price!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
FlashpackersN, Front Office Manager at Flashpackers Noosa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad we could help organise your trip to Fraser Island, it's definitely one not to be missed! It's great that you found the hostel so clean as our staff work hard to keep it that way for all of our guests which is the reason we decide to shut the kitchen for that period in the morning, so it can be cleaned thoroughly for the day ahead.

The bus is a great service and we're glad you found it so reliable, Noosa is such a beautiful place and we would welcome you back at any time. Good luck with the rest of your travels.

Flashpackers Crew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Hebrew first
kent
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at flashpackers for 4 nights in a 4 bed dorm during my stay in noosa. I read the amazing reviews & was really looking forward to a bit of luxury backpacking! I really did want to love flashpackers but unfortunately I couldn't wait to leave.
There are lots of positives about this place, socket by each bed, lamp, comfy bed & 2 pillows. Bathrooms are extremely clean & shower was really good! Just a short walk from sunshine beach & lots of regular shuttles into main beach & supermarket which I thought was very handy! The free breakfast was also a big plus.
The reason I havent rated it highly is like my title says "lack of atmosphere" I found the receptionist very cold when I checked in & when I went back to ask some questions she seemed more interested in her snack. The staff I dealt with were mainly backpackers working there, which I know is quite common in hostels, however they didn't seem interested in guests, a couple of them were nice but others were not very friendly. I saw the owner once which was on my last day who was very friendly & helpful.
Another thing I didn't like was during the evenings the tv would be on plus there would be loud music playing inside & in the outdoor area, so there was a mixture of noises going on & no where to escape! There also seemed to be too many guests in relation to seating areas, the sofa was always full & it was hard to get a spot outside. The kitchen was also too small for the amount of people cooking. As a solo traveller I felt very alone staying here, I think if you are with friends it is prob better.
Flashpackers has real potential to be a lovely place with luxury facilities but unfortunately I was disapointed.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank abigolucky
FlashpackersN, Manager at Flashpackers Noosa, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time for writing a review. Thank you for mentioning some of the positives about the hostel including the extreme cleanliness that we continually strive to achieve high standards with and the little touches that guests always love like their very own power points, lights and lockers.
You mentioned we that there was a “Lack of atmosphere”, Well we are a cosy hostel that is very laid back that focuses on what Noosa has to offer including the beaches and the surf. Actually we have many awards one of the most recent being Hostel bookers 2013 best atmosphere which is voted on by guests not staff. We are not a party hostel so don’t encourage guests who are looking for that type of atmosphere.
Guests make their own choices and fun, which for some is watching movies, which if guests find too loud sometimes if they just approach the staff we would be more than happy to turn down.
We do have theme nights that are a great way to get too know other guests:
Mondays- we have a free cheese and wine tasting night
Tuesday -movie night
Wednesday – all you can eat pizza night
Friday – Free BBQ and games night
We apologise if you thought there was a rude staff member that was working with us for a short period of time. We have a few new charming Flashpackers crew that are keen to continue building good relations with all our guests. We have talked to all our staff and stress as always a priority to be over and above engaging with our guests.
I’m surprised you thought our kitchen was too small when majority of guests have raved about how big it is! Perhaps you haven’t been to many other hostels our size. I’m also surprised to hear you say that you felt lonely here but on the other hand you say they were nowhere to sit as there were too many guests?
In all I guess Flashpackers was just not what you were looking for, we are a new hostel with luxury facilities and the majority of our guests have had the best experience here, we really hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, Stay safe and have a lovely Christmas.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great place to stay if visiting Noosa. The hostel is about a 20 minute walk from coles and 30-40 minute walk to the beach however the hostel provides a regular shuttle service to and from these areas. They also pick up and drop off at the greyhound for free. If visiting Australia Zoo, the hostel provides an early shuttle bus which takes you to where the Australia Zoo bus picks you up, they also pick you up upon your return. Hostel is very clean and the wifi is a good connection, although it only works in common areas. Free tea and coffee as well as free breakfast which consisted of cereals, breads and a selection of spreads.

We stayed 3 nights and due to a mix up when booking with hostelworld we had to stay in 3 different rooms. However, the girls on reception sorted this out for us and the process of checking out every morning and checking back in every afternoon was made very painless. We stayed in a private double room which had a private ensuite, TV and even provided towels. Also stayed in a 4 bed dorm which again had a private ensuite. Room were very clean! The hostel also has a free sausage sizzle on a Friday night but if it's busy don't expect to get seconds. Overall, really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FlashpackersN, Manager at Flashpackers Noosa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We are stoked by your review and pleased to add you as another satisfied guests who loved Flashpackers and all that Noosa has to offer. We continually strive to achieve high standards with comfort. Cleanliness and interaction at a personal level with all our guests. Hopefully one day soon you can come back and visit us again at Flashpackers, We wish you a very safe and happy holiday.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very impressed by how clean and homey it felt. Feels more like home than a hostel.. Great kitchen that has lots of space and is always clean. You get free breakfast which is nice as well as tea and coffee. The common room area was cozy and there's tons of movies to choose from as its all on a hard drive. There's also a really nice seating area outside by the pool, great for reading and hanging out. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and they gave you two pillows! I think had my best sleep in Australia here. Loved the bathrooms, the showers were big and worked well and they were always really clean. My only complaints are that the hostel is a far walk to the main beach and junction, but they do have a shuttle to make up for it. While I had a relaxed time here, I didn't have an overly fun time as there wasn't much else besides movies going on. But that's not so much the hostel's fault as it was the other travellers.
Over all it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for an awesome and enthusiastic review of our hostel, its reviews like this that show that the work we do here is appreciated, We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and had the best nights sleep you have had, we hope you get the opportunity to come back to Noosa one day. Safe and happy travels
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lovely rooms with lockers, your own plug and light! Rooms, showers and toilets all really clean!
Nice chill out area, pool, kitchen (big) and lounge with comfy sofas and big tv you can watch films on. Everything lovely and clean and relaxed!
Most of the staff were great, very friendly and helpful apart from one who it seemed an effort to be helpful and if she wasn't on shift and people asked her a question was very rude!
This did not affect my stay however and I would recommend this hostel to anyone it's one of the best I've stayed in! Plus you get a free bag :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We continually strive to achieve high standards with comfort and Cleanliness. We are glad you liked our dorm rooms, I think having your own light, power point and security locker makes a big difference and it’s those little extra touches we are proud of. I’m sorry you thought one of our staff was rude when off duty, your feed back is important to us and we will address this matter straight away. We here at Flashpackers are all pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you can return in the future. We hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays, safe and happy travels from all the staff here at Flashpackers
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Enjoyed our stay I like the girl that booked us in she was very friendly but I didn't like it when we were approached by the manager or owner of the place she was very rude to us and we more or less just arrived there I think it's because we stood out from the rest giving us all these unnecessary rules about who was allowed there and who wasn't if there was another available backpackers I would of asked for our money back and told her to shove it. But on a positive note the place was lovely and clean

• Stayed October 2013
FlashpackersN, Owner at Flashpackers Noosa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for the review, we can only continue to get better by hearing back what our guests think. I suppose you stood out as you say as your group was part of a team in town for the Rugby carnival, and on past experience we have learnt we need to spell out a few rules at the start to teams that are staying with us. If this was offensive I'm sorry, but it was necessary as you did book a 4 share room and had 6 people with you, 5 of whom (yes it was a child only) stayed in your room. This may seem a simple thing but the rules we have to abide by are Local laws which carry large fines to us if they are broken. Fire regulations and the like are their for your safety which is why we reminded you of this situation. Your group was no different from any of our guests from all over the world so it is very disappointing to hear you say that. I'm glad you did recognise the comfort and cleanliness of our hostel and thank you for writing this.
I hope you all went well in the Rugby tournament. Regards, Warick Redwood
Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Where do I start-what a fantastic hostel!! It is truely a flashpackers with its new and moderns facilities! Myself and my boyfriend stayed here recently while we were travelling the East Coast and were soooooo impressed. They picked us up from the bus stop and talked us through everything when we arrived. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and although the room was a little small we all had our own lockers, our own lights and our own plugs!!!! Any other hostels we have stayed in there has been 1 or 2 plugs max for 6+ people. This was such a benefit! The kitchen/living area is fab... It's like been right at home with a spacious open plan, comfortable leather couches, massive plasma screen and a hard drive with a million movies to choose from! (Where would you get it!!) just off the living area is a lovely little relaxation area with comfortable seating, guitars and a bookshelf to swap- this opens out onto a little area with a water feature on the wall!! Outside there is a lovely pool and BBQ decked area to chill out. Entertainment nearly every night by the amazing staff!! Can't stress how nice they are and helpful! Also FREE wifi!! Like there isn't way this hostel could be any better!!! I am glad my east coast trip was near an end by the time I arrived here because there is no comparing this hostel to any other! Stay here!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FlashpackersN, Manager at Flashpackers Noosa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really pride ourselves on all the great facilities we have here and are glad that you enjoyed it! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and would welcome you back anytime. Take Care - Flashpackers