“Best for holiday and relaxing time”

Aqua Promenade Beachfront Apartments
Ranked #130 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked at Aqua Promenade for few nights and we were impressed of the unbelievable views from our apartment and the entire complex. The apartment was very clean and tidy, same the backyard and the pool area. The manager was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the place so much that we ended up with an extension of our stay at Aqua Promenade. We just think that everything was perfect and enjoyed so much our holiday.

We’ll be back for sure and we recommend Aqua Promenade apartments to anyone who wants to spend quality and relaxing time.

AS

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I and our two children arrived at the Aqua Promenade to find there was nobody around to check us in. The office was unattended and in a filthy state, papers all over the desk and the floor and stinking of tobacco. We picked up the phone on the wall which was all sticky and grimy and pressed the buzzer for management. After 15 minutes and 5 buzzes later we finally got a resonse. "Your early" he grunted - not quite the greeting we were hoping for. The manager (Alex i think his name is) finally arrived looking grubby and half asleep, said nothing and fumbled around in his office rummaging through books for another 15 minutes saying nothing - it was obvious something was not quite right. We showed him our email from him confirming our booking of 9 nights in a mid floor apartment.(24/9-3/10/12). He just shrugged his shoulders and offered us a ground floor for 4 nights as our room was already booked out and he could not find our booking. There was no apology and no offer of help to find us alternative accomodation. I asked him if he had internet so we could look for somewhere else but he said no even though he had a computer sitting right there in the office. He just kept shrugging his shoulders and saying "what can I do". We spent the whole of our first day in Noosa searching for accomodation which was not easy, everywhere was booked out as it was during School holidays and the October long weekend. Eventually the lovely ladies in the Tourist Info found us a wonderful place in Noosa Heads which we were so grateful for despite not being located right on the beach which is what we had desired. We went back to the Aqua Promenade to collect our bags and the manager was happy enough to refund us our deposit without a fuss but again no apology for the stuff up. I then asked if he could call us a cab to take us into Noosa Heads to which he informed me he didn't know any taxi numbers and handed me the yellow pages!!! Who runs a hotel and doesn't have information for their guests!! I think the guilt must have then got the better of him and he eventually drove us to our new digs. All I can say is please DONT book this place. We had a lucky escape, judging by the state of the office and the grubby phone on the wall I can imagine the rooms would be no better so all I can say is thank god we were double booked. There are loads of luxurious apartments in Noosa - keep looking!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had just spent 2 beautiful nights at a great hotel on the Gold Coast (27/28th Dec). Very relaxed and couldn't wait to get up the Sunshine Coast to spend the last 2 nights of our holiday (29/30th Dec). 1st thing that seemed odd when we arrived at the Aqua Promenade was that the manager was very sweaty. He had sweat dribbling off his nose (hot day maybe but it was 5pm after all). Anyway we went to our unit (no.4) on the 2nd floor & opened the door. Well 1st thing we saw was a fridge that was more rust than white good. A feeling of, all is not good, was creeping in. We did a tour of the bedrooms & there was no way of getting away from the strong odour that was coming from those beds. Dare I saw urine. The bathrooms stun, the lounge stunk, the furniture was all rusty, in general the whole apartment had a filthy feel to it. We went straight back down stairs to the manager & requested another room or a refund, but he said impossble to both requests. We then went back upstairs took some sheets off one of the beds & put them opn the lounge so we could sit down & contemplated what to do next. 10pm that night we left. Our holiday was over. This apartment was advertised through Wotif as luxury. Luxury it was not. I wouldn't even let my pooch stay there.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Aqua Promenade ever.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim B
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I spent few days with my husband at Aqua Promenade during June 2011.

We had a wonderful time there. The manager was very friendly and helpful. We found the accommodation clean and comfortable. It is ideally situated close to Noosa Heads. Its beach front position and the peaceful place make it astonishing.

Certainly we would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I was trying to decide between the Aqua Promenade and the Entrance Noosa for 2 nights with my boyfriend as we travelled along the Sunshine Coast. The Aqua Promenade is located directly across from the ocean so that was the deciding factor, as both places I considered were equal in all other ways (ie had a kitchenette, were of the townhouse variety, had laundry, patios, etc.)

Upon check-in, the manager's office door was open and it was a mess (mail all over the floor, lots of dead flies in the check in window, etc.) That should have been a bit of a sign, even though the exterior of the place is very nice and tidy and well groomed. Nonetheless, he was fairly friendly and helpful and showed us where we could park, security with the keys, etc.

Once we entered our ground floor room (#7), I was apathetic with it overall. I am not a princess and the price was right at $145 per night in a fairly expensive market that is Noosa, but I like things clean, no matter how old or new they are. While the townhouse was much larger than we needed as a couple (2 brdm, 2 bathroom) I was happy it was roomy. The tube TV/remote was old, the decor dated and overall it just felt a bit worn - you know, 90's style floral couch with cushions that could use a good clean or replacement, quite dusty along the floorboards, etc. I didn't love that but it was OK for 2 nights.

Anyhow, we made some dinner in the well equipped kitchen and as I sat at the table, there was a little cockroach on the living room floor. I know it's Queensland so I didn't flip out and we killed it, but not a wonderful start. As the evening wore on, I then found one on top of the fridge, two little ones on the cordless phone, and then another one in the hall closet. Now I knew it was a bit of a problem - probably needed a good spray and was overdue for one. Enough for me to want out of that room. We went to the manager and explained the situation. He seemed mortified (but who knows, right?) and moved us immediately to room #2 (also ground floor, sharing a wall with #7). This time we did a THOROUGH walk through in every nook and cranny before we brought in our luggage, and it was fine, had a newer flat screen TV, etc. However, still felt a bit dirty and worn - the wicker chairs had lots of dust and crumbs in the seat bottoms - things like that.

Upon checkout, the manager was definitely colder to us, and also mentioned that he went into #7 and never found anything. I hate when management does that.

I would say if you have another comparable option in terms of price and offering, don't go with the Aqua Promenade. Maybe the top floor (3rd floor) rooms are nicer or newer as they look that way from the street, etc but these ground floor ones need a bit of an update. While they enjoy nice floor to ceiling windows in the living room, a wealth of space and have both a roomy back and front patio, if they were given a bit of a hardcore clean,
re-fabric the couches, a good scrub along the floorboards, newer curtains in the back rooms (the ones now are old and marked), it would go from mediocre to great. The location is awesome (you need a car to get to town though, not walkable by any means) and the ocean across the parking lot is fabulous. But I feel like the cleaners here aren't really that fussy. Right now it feels like it could be amazing but is only going to remain just 'okay'. It seems like these are suited to families that plunk down and vacation here for a couple weeks at a time as they have that sort of feel to them. I was disappointed to write this review and I sort of regret not booking the other place. I think some of these townhouses are personally owned and the manager runs the rentals of them - and he just doesn't seem that passionate about it at all.

Overall, if you have another option, I would say keep looking - and to the establishment,
I would urge you to give these rooms a bit of TLC before the next high season Nov onwards. It would make a world of difference in a competitive market.

Room Tip: Don't choose #7 - and pick a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VanBC_girl
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed a couple of nights here and the ground floor apartment was fine, if not exciting. You couldn't see much of the ocean due to the low level however the fabulous beach was only 50 metres away. We arrived in the dark and it was difficult to find our way around, corridor lights go out after a few seconds and we couldn't find the switches. Sunshine Beach and Noosa are just five minutes drive away and we had a great time.

Room Tip: Go Penthouse or upper floors for views
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We booked Aqua Promenade mainly because of its location. We had a 2 bedroom top floor unit, and it had fantastic views out over the ocean. While there is a street in front of the complex, it is relatively quiet, so you can hear the waves breaking all the time.

The unit was a good size. The living room and kitchen were both very big. There is also a nice deck out the front, with a great view of the ocean.

The bedrooms are a decent size, and the main bedroom had a walk in robe (which was great) and an en suite. There was also a second bathroom. The main living area is air conditioned if it gets hot.

There is a pool in the complex and also a BBQ. There is a patrolled beach virtually across the road, so you can have a choice of the beach or the pool.

The unit was very clean and well fitted out. We had a great weekend at Aqua Promenade and I'd happily stay there again. It was decent value given its excellent position.

The only minor down-side is that there is a fairly major road to the back of the complex, which can create a bit of noise during the day. However we spent most of our time in the living area of the unit, so it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family