“Truly memorable way to see noosa in a beautiful boat”

Noosa Dreamboats Classic Boat Cruises
Ranked #1 of 45 Tours in Noosa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience the style and excitement of a bygone era and feel like movie stars while you explore the beautiful Noosa River and Lakes on board a stunning, hand crafted classic mahogany speed boat. We offer private sight seeing tours and a selection of special packages where you can combine a cruise with a romantic catered sandbar picnic or a meal at a beautiful riverside restaurant. Your skipper and guide Michael will give you a truly unforgettable experience and will also send you complimentary digital photos after your cruise. On your tour you'll enjoy a leisurely cruise around Noosa Sound and then experience the speed and excitement of classic power boating as you head up the Noosa River towards Sir Richard Branson's private Makepeace Island retreat, Lake Cooroibah and Lake Cootharaba. On your return journey, you can visit the Noosa River mouth and see our sandbars and abundant bird life. A Noosa Dreamboats classic boat cruise is a memorable and unique way to experience the natural beauty of Noosa's idyllic waterways or to celebrate any special occasion in Noosa.
“Truly memorable way to see noosa in a beautiful boat”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were picked up from sheraton wharf in a one-of-a-kind luxury speedboat and with Michael as our guide, saw many of the beautiful sights noosa had to offer. After being dropped off on a secluded beach, enjoying a lavish fresh seafood platter and popping the question to my fiancé, we made our way back to noosa heads. Absolutely the highlight of our Noosa holiday. A must-do! Thank you Michael and Sandy.

Visited September 2013
noosadreamboats, Owner at Noosa Dreamboats Classic Boat Cruises, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I really enjoyed having you both on board and it was my privilege to be part of such a special occasion for you both. I'm so pleased that you had a great time and congratulations on your engagement! Cheers, Michael

Sydney, Australia
“Best way to see Noosa and beyond.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a fantastic 90 minutes with Michael as our very knowledgeable guide. Truly the highlight of our 3 days in sunny Noosa.

Visited September 2013
noosadreamboats, Owner at Noosa Dreamboats Classic Boat Cruises, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you! I'm really glad you had a great time. It was my pleasure to spend time with you both.Cheers Michael
Bundaberg, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Anniversary Getaway Surprise - on the Noosa Dream”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Noosaville for a slightly belated anniversary getaway. To relax, get away from the hassle and bustle of normal life and have time to ourselves. Unbeknown to myself, my husband had lined up a fantastic surprise, that of which was a cruise on the "Noosa Dream." He had it all worked out to a T, I had no idea. The Noosa Dream is a prestine looking wooden boat with a comfy interior and can glide along just nicely in the water or kick it up a notch or two and fly through for abit of speed with added fun. Michael was a great tour guide, showing us many wonderful sights and land marks throughout our journey. You never miss out on photo opportunities as Michael takes many during your time. I would thoroughly recommend booking in for a cruise with Michael on the Noosa Dream when you are in Noosa next. It's a wonderful experience and its great to see the opposite views of what we see from land. Thankyou again Michael.

Visited September 2013
noosadreamboats, Owner at Noosa Dreamboats Classic Boat Cruises, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I love being part of a surprise and I'm really pleased that you had such a great time on your tour of the Noosa River. Thank you for cruising with me and for your kind comments. Cheers Michael
qld
“absolutely fantastic...”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

my partner had brought me a voucher for dreamboats last year, well we finally got around to getting away for the weekend!! what a fantastic experience, such a friendly face (was like catching up with an old friend), great source of information about the area, and perfect weather with a stunner of a sunset and the boat : AMAZING!! we loved it and would go again in a heartbeat... thank you so much sandy and Michael...

Visited August 2013
noosadreamboats, Owner at Noosa Dreamboats Classic Boat Cruises, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you! I loved having the three of you on board and Sandy and I are so pleased that you all had a great time. Best wishes, Michael.
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Bring your camera and include the lunch option”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

There are many different options for cruises or picnics or both, with this operator. Basically, you pick the option that suits the time that you have available. We had an entire morning available, so we chose the 'Grand Tour' with an added picnic (in our case, piping hot fish n chips). This option takes 3.5 hours and we were glad to have maximised our time with Dreamboats.

The Grand Tour takes you into Lake Weyba, then up the Noosa River through Lake Cooroiba, as far as the beginning of Lake Cootharaba. The birdlife was wonderful. I wished that I had brought a telephoto lens, but often the birds came close enough that a wide-angle zoom was enough. There was one cormorant that raced our boat for about a kilometre up the river.

Sandy was waiting just outside Ricky's with our fish n chips on the way back. The fish was excellent fresh barramundi. There is a wide range of other choices for the picnic lunch. Mike then takes the boat across to a sandbar in the river, and spreads a picnic blanket. It is a charming, quiet spot.

This is a family operation. Mike and Sandy are friendly people, who really know the local area, so the commentary is helpful. Our 10 year old son enjoyed the trip with us.

This is not at all like doing one of the big cruises. It is quiet and private, with a maximum of 5 passengers.

We did it in the middle of winter, but we had a stunningly fine day with beautiful light and no wind at all. A great choice for something to do at Noosa in winter, as well as any other season.

Visited August 2013
noosadreamboats, Owner at Noosa Dreamboats Classic Boat Cruises, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your "Grand Tour" cruise and sandbar picnic last weekend. The Noosa River is full of beautiful birds at the moment and we're delighted that you got some great photos as we explored the more remote sections of the river. The sandbar where we stopped afterwards at the river mouth is one of our favourite locations. It's the perfect spot for a private picnic after touring the river and lakes. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your morning with us. Thank you again, Michael and Sandy.