“Excellent resort for grown ups and kids”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We spent two nights at the resort (two adults, one 21-year-old and one almost 11-year- old) in a two bedroom apartment. The apartment was very spacious, with a well appointed kitchen, a private balcony overlooking the resort, extra TV in the master bedroom and two lovely and spacious bathrooms.
The 11-year- old had a fantastic time in the pool (particularly once the new extension to the pool with the water slides and features had opened), and the rest of us enjoyed lounging by the pool and making use of the excellent poolside bar with very reasonable prices.
We didn’t have the woodfired pizzas mentioned by other reviewers, but the smell was tempting and they looked great.
The resort provides a shuttle bus to Hasting Streets (in peak holiday periods every hour), but we had a car so didn’t use the shuttle. We also didn’t experience any parking problems in the resort – there was plenty of underground parking.
All the staff were very helpful and friendly, and you could tell that they enjoyed their work. We all had a fantastic time (quote the 11-year- old “it was AWESOME”), and our next Noosa holiday will certainly be again at the RACV Resort - with the family or as a couple in one of the great value suites.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Alex W,

Thanks for your review. I am often asked if we are a ‘couples’ or ‘family’ resort , so I was really pleased with your 'review title' as I also believe with the range of accommodation and facilities we offer the resort caters for both really well.

Please thank your 11 year old for his “AWESOME” feedback and it is great our new 2nd heated pool, water slides and water splash park was also enjoyed – it has been a huge hit with the kids!

It is fantastic you plan to return again – see you next time!

RACV Noosa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife, 9 month old baby and I stayed in a two bedroom sanctuary view apartment (#73) for six nights in Nov/Dec 2013. We paid $230/night which was a special at the time of booking.

Resort: As many have said before, this place is 5 stars. It was originally built by Mirvac but was taken over by the RACV. The resort was always clean, perfectly landscaped and very quiet. The pool was divine and will be even better when the new section opens shortly. There were PLENTY of pool lounges (close to 50) with a huge selection of sunny and shady spots. The lagoon pool with sandy edge was brilliant for our little boy to enjoy. The woodfired pizzas were fabulous and would definitely rate these as some of the best I've ever had!

Some reviews have mentioned parking as an issue - not once in our week-long stay did we ever fail to park directly out front of our apartment. The Saturday night was super busy though, with many people parking on the gutters along the roadway.

Apartment: Our apartment had a north/west aspect and overlooked the lagoon. We had ultimate privacy - so much so that one could walk around with little on and not be worried that anyone would see or be offended! The kitchen was fully equipped. The laundry is a must for anyone travelling with kids. The beds were comfy - my only two gripes were the pillows and the roof top terrace. The pillows were either too firm or too flat. The roof top terrace was fabulous, however with no furniture, it was a complete waste of space. The resort should offer two sun lounges up there.

Location: The resort is easily a 20-22 minute walk to Hastings St, with a concrete path all the way thee (this is important if you have a pram). Walking to Noosaville (where there was a huge supermarket) was equally as close.

Service: Everyone we encountered was warm and pleasant and obliging - what more could you ask?

Spa: My wife and I each enjoyed a spa treatment, which were both fabulous. I had a body scrub and my wife had a wrap with massage - both of us left feeling relaxed.

Final Verdict: 9.5/10. I'd stay here again and probably will when we return to Noosa in 2014. This resort is a nice alternative from Hastings St, where many resorts are double the price and/or not as luxuriously fitted out.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra for a sanctuary view room. The standard rooms face in to the resort and offer...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear AdsMan,

What a great summary of your holiday at RACV Noosa Resort – thank you. I have great news regarding your feedback about our pillows. We have just upgraded all of our bedding – this includes new feather mattress toppers, feather doonas and feather pillows (an extra 2 pillows in addition to our existing 2 microfibre pillows on every bed). I have personally tested the new set up this week and it is so comfortable. In a few weeks’ time we then change all of our linen over to 100% cotton sheets (rarely seen in hotels/resorts). A good nights sleep on holiday is so important so hopefully when you return again you can experience for yourself along with the new 2nd pool, water slides and splash park which opened last week.

I wish your family a happy and healthy 2014.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stay at this resort numerous times through the year and even if it's just an overnight I instantly slip into relax mode! The pool area, with drink service is a great spot to relax and now with the new kids pool area, it distributes the pool traffic perfectly. The slides being an added bonus. The apartments are always clean. They are modern, light and airy with all the inclusions and amenities you would expect and then some! The tennis court is a hit with kids. The day spa is a lovely spot to relax but pre-booking is worthwhile! The restaurants are great, buffet breakfast has everything you want with nice fresh produce. While it's not on or even that close to a Hasting Street, there is an hourly courtesy bus. You can easily walk down to the shops, restaurants of Noosa Junction.
All staff are very friendly and happy to have a chat! That's why we love going back!

1  Thank Lisa W

Dear Lisa W,

Thank you for your review and for regularly staying with us throughout the year. All staff will also appreciate your recognition of them and their friendly chats. The team genuinely work hard to make sure every guest has a great time - I am lucky to work with them all every day.

I wish you a very happy and healthy 2014 - thanks again.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We are on our final night of a 3 night pre Christmas break and are sad to be leaving...we stopped in a 2 bed sanctuary apartment with our 2 kids and its been amazing.

The apartments Re spotless modern and bright, the grounds are immaculate.the resort has just completed a new kids pool area that adjoins the existing lagoon pool and it is fantastic. The younger kids flocked to the water slides leaving the main pool empty!

The food here is great and very reasonably priced, Dazzas bar does great wood fired pizza and snacks and the service is awesome. The Alcuri restaurant was great to for a romantic dinner by the pool.

The staff are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to help thanks Vivian for the late check out! Big thanks to Lisa at kids club, which is very well run and,supplies dinner for the kids whilst parents get a chance to relax.

Darren and Jody the husband and wife managerial team were always about making sure things ran smoothly. From stocking the on site shop to checking the pool area.

I can't speak,highly enough of this resort, great place and we have all had a really relaxing yet fun time. I will not stay anywhere else as long as the standards remain so high. You really couldn't wish for a better spot.

Thanks to,all,the team you have made this a great break and we will be back!

Thanks,

The Crane Family

Room Tip: Sanctuary rooms are not overlooked from the back and have great views over the bush.

Dear Simon C,

Thank you very much on what was just an awesome review - it made me and the team feel really good - you are very kind.

It did not surprise me that you came across Jodi in the Retail Shop. A parent said to me the other day "you can tell the selection of items in the resort shop was made by a Mum - everything you need is there". From the traditional ice-creams, drinks, chips & newspapers to reading glasses, bathers, sun glasses, swimmer nappies, hats, thongs, Nurofen, Panadol, plus so much more- Jodes has nearly everything covered in the resort shop that you may need on a holiday - she does a great job.

Viv (legend!) will also appreciate your recognition as will Lisa who does a wonderful job running our evening (5.30pm to 8.30pm) school holiday kids club. How nice is it to have dinner and a glass of wine 'childless' occasionally? My 5 and 6 year old never sit still when Jodes and I go out for dinner !

I am pleased you enjoyed your break and hope to see you again some time. Have a great 2014.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Upon arriving a day early due to a timing miscalculation on my part, the reception staff were more than happy to accommodate us for the extra night. We walked into a exceptionally clean 1 bedroom apartment on the ground floor. (with the added bonus of pool access without the walk around to reception). The amenities were great and the house keeping staff were friendly and professional. Dazza's bar hosts a nice variety of delicious light meals, id recommend the steak sandwich ( though it could do with the addition of a chicken parmigiana). The resort boasts immaculate gardens which provide a welcoming atmosphere and just add a sense of tranquility to the resort. I'd return here again next time I get the chance.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nathan F,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you had a great stay with us. Cleanliness is our number 1 priority and our hard working Housekeeping team will appreciate your recognition. I agree, our gardens are beautifully maintained largely due to the great work from Geoff our gardener with the support of the Maintenance team.

I wish you a happy and healthy 2014. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here in December and we will return again. The reception staff were very friendly and extremely helpful and we were able to check in early and arrange a complimentary midday check out which was great. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was modern and spacious with a kitchenette that contained everything you need. The king sized bed with crisp white sheets and comfy pillows gave us an excellent night sleep. The food in the restaurant was really good quality and priced vary well for Noosa. However the cocktails (which I was really looking forward to) were a big let down. I think the staff could do with a few lessons. At $16 each I was really disappointed.
The upgrade to the pool area, when finished will be excellent. I don't know why the pool was made so small in the first place for a resort this size. Even with construction happening while we were there noise was kept to a minimum and didn't disrupt our stay at all. The pool area and the rest of the resort was kept immaculate.
During our stay there were a few christmas functions and a hens party going on it looked like everyone was having a good time. As it was the Xmas period we did expect a little noise however once the door was close we didn't hear a thing and slept like babies.
Breakfast was excellent with a really good variety of food hot and cold and fresh pastries which were warm and delicious.
An excellent stay all round.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shaotung

Dear shaotung,

Thank you for your review and it was great to read you plan to return. I have passed on your compliments about the high quality of food to our talented Chefs and have also discussed your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager about improving the quality of our cocktails.

I am also pleased to let you know that our 2nd heated pool, water slides and water splash park is now open and has been a huge hit with both adults and kids! I hope you get the chance to return and check it out.

I wish you a very happy and healthy 2014.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

we spent 5 fabulous days at noosa racav resort in early December 2013
the precinct villa we stayed in was very classy , modern , very spacious
we had a roof top spa which was an added bonus
the facilities were first class , staff amazing - couldn't help more
the resort has a free shuttle bus to the town centre
we will visit noosa again and wouldn't stay anywhere else but racv resort

1  Thank whittons50th
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear whittons50th,

Thank you for your very kind words and it is great you had such a nice time with us. In addition to our Villa with rooftop Spa and the convenience of our free 21 seater shuttle bus to Hastings Street and Noosa shops, I am particularly pleased that you found our staff amazing - I am very proud of them and it means a lot to everyone to read such positive comments.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!