“Very Tranquil”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at this place for 3 nights and I thought it was a very nice place. The rooms are very clean and well presented. We were in one of those peaceful units overlooking the lagoon and the ducks. (My sister called one of them Humble because it was very friendly). It was a very peaceful place. I could have never asked for a better room than this one I've been in. Three concerns about this resort. 1. The toilet seats weren't soft close which you should consider changing so they don't make so much noice. 2. The TV in the the ensuite room wasn't working, but was fixed. 3. The parking system of yours is a BIG problem. Seriously my dad had to park in the underground car park soooo far away from our room that it took forever to go back. We had a great parking spot and everyone kept taking it. Seriously if you don't do something about this then people will have to park in another fustrating location. I really do think you can change this parking system and add more spaces. Overall a great place and it's very peaceful and I would love to come back. By the way, the tennis court is great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Dark Fawful X,

I like your title "Very Tranquil" - largely because it describes how our property is a little different and why a growing number of guests stay with us as an alternative to the hustle and bustle of Hastings Street (as nice as Hastings Street is!).

I appreciate your improvement ideas - had not thought about the toliet seats before - good insight - and we will continue to review our parking arrangements. As you pointed out, currently there are plenty of car spaces - it is just that some of them are immediately outside apartments and others are in the secure underground car park.

Thanks for your review and it is great you may return again one day for another visit.

RACV Noosa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at the RACV Noosa Resort and had a magnificent time. Our room was the one bedroom sanctuary apartment and it was very spacious, clean and had everything we needed. There was parking outside our apartment and I recommend hiring a car, as Hastings St is a short drive away and not really within walking distance. There is a complimentary shuttle bus to Hastings St that the resort provides as well.

We hired a Webber BBQ from reception for 2 nights and this was great, as eating out in Hastings street is very expensive. The hotel restaurant is open each night for dinner and we also ate there twice. The food was great quality and very reasonably priced.

All staff we encountered were incredibly professional and really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. I had several treatments in the day spa and by my third visit, I was on a first name basis with the beauty therapists!

The pool area was lovely and never had a problem finding a space to sit and drink cocktails. I really can’t think of anything to fault and planning to return again next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie P

Dear Natalie P,

Happy first wedding anniversary! I loved reading your review. The team work really hard to be able to create memorable and happy experiences and to be able to achieve this on such special occasions is terrific and provides the team with a real sense of satisfaction. It was great that you managed to experience many different outlets within the resort and enjoyed each of them. As a regular at our One Spa, the day spa team welcomes you back anytime!

The new Webber BBQ's are great and it is convenient how they plug straight into the gas point on the balconies/terraces so I am pleased you enjoyed it - we just bought another 6 Webbers as they have been so popular.

Thanks again and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again - maybe for the 2nd wedding anniversary!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We travelled with an 8 year old and a 14 year old, both which needed their own rooms and space, and for this reason the resort was perfect. The kids (and adults) had their own rooms and we had a living room each.
The rooms cannot be faulted, they are new, clean, and very spacious.
Beware that you will need a car at this resort as it is further than walking distance from Noosa Village, Hastings street or beach.
The pool is also small and gets crowded with children.
This is not a resort for couples or for families who like to spend every minute at the beach.
Nevertheless, we loved it. It was perfect for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lisa H,

Thanks for your review and I am pleased you loved our resort and your family enjoyed the spacious apartments. We are fortunate to have such a new property in Noosa.

As Lisa H pointed out, the resort is around a 25 minute walk to Hastings Street/Main Beach or 7-10 minute walk to Noosa Junction shops. Although a car can be handy, many guests choose to use our complimentary shuttle service that runs regularly throughout the day.

Outside of school holidays the resort tends to be dominated by couples. Our 1 bedroom suites and apartments are also larger than most guests expect - complimented by our Arcuri restaurant, Day Spa, bike hire, tennis court & heated pool the resort is ideal to have a break in Noosa with your partner.

Thanks again for your feedback and I wish you and the family all the health and happiness in 2013.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice resort with very friendly staff and manager. My only complaint is the car parking, for a resort of this level there should be allocated parking per unit. We have been here for four nights and were never able to park our Car close to our unit, very frustrating!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Medibank
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Medibank,

Thank you very much for your review and your compliments of all staff - much appreciated.

I appreciate your feedback about car parking at the resort and we will continue to look at alternatives to improve arrangements. For the benefits of others, we have plenty of car spaces for guests at the resort but there are limited spaces immediately outside some apartments. We have a large underground car park which can be a nice way to secure your vehicle and protect it from the elements of the weather.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort again - have a happy 2013!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the RACV resort at Noosa for 7 nights between Christmas and New Year. It was absolutely awesome in every way and we have already booked to return same time this year. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was great as our 14 year son had his own room - 2 TVs, a DVD player, full kitchen and laundry. Fantastic apartment but next time we are splurging and staying in a 3 bedroom precinct villa with private plunge pool - ohh la la. The food was great as were the drinks. Very well priced for such a lovely place. Staff were fantastic - couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The resort is also in a good spot - a 25min walk to Hastings St in one direction and 25mins to Noosaville in the other direction - Noosaville is the place to eat if you don't want to stay at the resort to eat - Hastings St is way too busy. Stay here - you won't regret it.

1  Thank Mandyg1965
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Mandyg1965,

Great review “Absolutely awesome" - thank you very much. There is much planning involved in making sure we get everything right for our guests during the busy Xmas / New Year period and I know staff reading your review will be delighted that you had such a great time and their efforts are being recognised - it certainly makes me proud of my fantastic team.

I was also pleased to read you are returning to the resort again and staying in a Villa. The private plunge pool is so convenient in the summer to walk out of your back door and cool off anytime you want - I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks again for recommending RACV Noosa Resort to others.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at RACV Noosa Resort for 9 nights over the Christmas period. Our family of 5 had a 3 bedroom precinct villa and we were delighted at the space and features of the apartment. The kitchen is fitted with Miele appliances which are wonderful to use, the size of the bedrooms and bathrooms is extremely generous which made the extended stay very enjoyable. There is also a laundry with clothes dryer.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful during every interaction with them. Pool area was lovely and clean, there is a games room for the children to entertain themselves for a bit and of course the rooftop spa was a hit as well.

The ONLY real negative comment that I have to make is in regard to the wood fired pizzas on Fri, Sat and Sun nights. When we ordered our dinner on the Sunday night, the children's meals arrived an hour and 20 minutes before our pizzas. This was extremely frustrating. The kids became quite impatient while we were waiting for our meals. When I went to check on the reason for the delay, I was told that they had not even been placed in the oven - an hour after ordering!

The pizza bases are premade/pre-prepared, so I don't fully understand why we we made to sit for so long. This is the only area that I believe needs to be improved. If they are going to boast to guests about the wood fired pizza available on weekends, they need to be able to cater for the guests in a timely manner. Perhaps it was just the silly season and the fact that the Christmas period is very busy. Still, it would have been nice to be told about the delay.

Otherwise, the resort is FANTASTIC for families with children of all ages and it should be given a lot of consideration when planning a holiday in Noosa. Friendly staff, great location, well equipped resort.

We would certainly return again.

Room Tip: Precinct Villa if you can afford it. Space and wonderful rooftop spa.

Dear AJCairns,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a thorough review. It is great your family had a fantastic time. The Villas are very spacious, I have stayed in them myself with my family of 5 and found them very comfortable - my kids loved the rooftop spa also!

I appreciate your feedback about our wood fired pizzas. The wood fired pizza oven and bar terrace is only a few months old and this has been our first Xmas holidays with it open. It has been a very successful addition to the resort and as a result there were some days during your stay when we were caught by surprise with its popularity resulting in some delays. We have since made changes to its operation to minimise delays and also communicate to guests when ordering an estimated wait time.

Thanks again for your review and for recommending RACV Noosa Resort to others.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are Brisbane residents and every year we make it our goal to travel up to Noosa or Noosaville with our 2 children for a few days.We have stayed at various resorts and accommadation over the last 10 years or so, and this was our first time at RACV Noosa Resort. It was very enjoyable. Good service and the grounds were very clean. Our room was a 2 bedroom unit overlooking the man made lagoon. Rooms were clean and very well appointed. Our biggest gripe that we encounted with our 3 day stay was the lack of car parking to each unit. There is no designated car space for each unit and so it became first in first served. It became quite frustrating on our second day when we witnessed 2 people arguing over a car space. If you could not find a space then you had to drive back to an undergroung guest parking area. Poor service for a 5 star resort. Pool was a little small for the size of the resort and its capacacity of in house guests. Not much for the children to keep active besides the pool and tennis court. Overall we would come back again this time with extra activities for our children to help pass their time.

Dear Sophie K,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay at our resort. I appreciate your feedback about car parking at the resort and we will continue to look at alternatives to improve arrangements. As you pointed out, we have plenty of car spaces for guests but there are limited spaces immediately outside some apartments. For the benefit of others we do have a large underground car park which can be a nice way to secure your vehicle and protect it from the elements of the weather. We will also continue to enhance our children's facilities & programs, for example, at the moment we are running an afternoon craft program and also evening kids club.

Thanks again for your review and it was great to read you may return for another visit one day.

All the best for 2013.