“Forget the Gold Coast”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's a secret.... Shhhh. But Noosa's RACV Resort is a seven Star Resort, compared to anything on the Gold Coast. And this comment is made after just spending 4 nights at Broadbeach.
This resort is World Class in the amenities they have to offer. Our stay was as good as going to the Busakorn Wing of the Holiday Inn at Patong..... But cheaper!
Well done RACV!
It's really nice to know that the Sunshine Coast is up to World standards in presentation, friendliness, Staff and Facilities...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear hazza60,

What a fantastic review and thanks for your ‘7 star’rating. We are only a 2 years old so I too often think of RACV Noosa resort as Noosa’s hidden secret given there are so many people that are not aware that such a nice, new resort exists in Noosa.

Now I have to be careful (as we have another great property on the Gold Coast – RACV Royal Pines Resort) but I also prefer Noosa over the Gold Coast. I heard a nice description of the difference of the 2 destinations the other day “Noosa is a holiday you take to receive energy; the Gold Coast is a holiday you take to expend energy”.

Staff will be delighted to read your recognition of their efforts – it makes me very proud to be part of the RACV Noosa resort team.

RACV Noosa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fantastic hotel. If you have a car, it is well located, fair price and our room rate included a great breakfast (try the local yogurt - amazing!) and free parking. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. We were pleasantly surprised that although we got the smallest room in the resort, that is was still huge!! The room overlooked wetlands, the bedroom was very spacious with a nice tv and bathroom...and there was a living room with yet another tv, desk and pullout bed. Ample room! There is also free internet which is very helpful as you plan day to day activities. The only thing I would say is that if you do not have a car, do not stay at this hotel. Actually, definitely rent a car, unless you plan to only stay at the Noosa beach. Overall, I would also consider other RACV Resorts after a very positive experience in Noosa.

Dear ChatsandG,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you stayed in our Suites (lead in room type) and as you note they are not standard hotel style room – having that extra lounge/living area in addition to the bedroom, bathroom, and balcony/terrace makes them very large and comfortable accommodation to stay in.

For the benefit of others I thought I would provide some of my thoughts when you are considering if this resort is the right location for you in Noosa:

We are around 2km or a 25 minute walk to Hastings Street or a 7 minute walk to the Noosa Junction shops.

We provide a free shuttle bus service to Hastings Street/Main Beach and to the Noosa Junction shops if you do not have a car or feel like walking or driving. This runs around every 2nd hour during quiet times and hourly during our busy times.

If you need a cab, it costs about $10 to Hastings Street – a guest worked out the other day that was staying with us for 5 days that they used a cab 3 times ($30) during their stay but saved $100 a night ($500 in total) than staying at a comparable property in Hastings Street.

We are receiving a large amount of return guests who enjoy visiting the beautiful Hastings Street/Main Beach but prefer being able to retreat for some peace and tranquillity at RACV Noosa Resort from the hustle and bustle of Hastings Street.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again ChatsandG for your great feedback.

RACV Noosa resort

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have just got back from the racv noosa resort, and we had the best time there, the staff were really friendly, and they did everything in their power to make sure we had a great time.
The food in the restaurant was amazing. And the couples massage was exactly the perfect way to end our stay. We will be definitely recommending racv noosa resort.
Some block out curtains on the balcony windows would have been awesome... Didn't realise the sun wakes up at 5am :(
The buffet breakie was really nice and they they an excellent variety... I really want that pancake maker. It was awesome

1  Thank Cupcake1582
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Cupcake1582,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our staff. The Chefs will be also thrilled that you enjoyed the food – hopefully it only gets better as we launch our new summer menu tomorrow. The pancake maker will stay forever – how awesome is it? What a nice way you ended your holiday – with a couples massage!

Thanks for your feedback about the blinds and I appreciate you recommending RACV Noosa Resort to others.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We (family of four) spent five nights at this resort recently. We had a lovely two bedroom apartment with a lovely outlook over wetlands. The apartment was very well appointed, well designed and comfortable. The facilities were good and much use was made of the pool. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and found it to be very nice (try the lovely local yoghurt!). Overall we had a great stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over te wetlands.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Baldies

Dear Baldies,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased your family enjoyed one of our 2 bedroom apartments and it was great you had the opportunity to enjoy many of our facilities during your visit.

My favorite part of your review was your statement that "you would definitely stay again" - after all that is the most important 'test' that any resort/hotel needs to pass!

Thanks again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at RACV Noosa Resort for 3 nights between 1st November - 4th November.

We were very pleased with the beautifully appointed and decorated rooms. We stayed in a 1 Bedroom Apartment and were pleased to see that the kitchen came fully stocked with pots and pans and everything required if we wanted to self cater our meals.

We did not have time to use the facilities as we were working at the Noosa Triathalon, but the pool looked lovely.

The bed was very comfortable and the balcony was lovely looking over the tennis courts.

I would thoroughly recommend staying at the resort.

1  Thank z0zy

Dear z0zy,

Thank you for your comments. The Noosa triathlon is such a great event – one of the highlights of my year. Around 30,000 fit, healthy & motivated people all in the one place at the one time is very inspiring. Despite working during the event I hope you had some time to relax and enjoy Noosa and the resort. It was great to read you enjoyed your 1 bedroom apartment.

We hope to welcome you back again for the 2013 Noosa Triathlon which I am sure will be another great event!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall this is a nice hotel. It is very new and clean but also very clinical. The rooms are big and the bed was comfortable. The pool looked nice, albeit quite small, but the weather wasn't great so I did not go in it.
The biggest issue for me was the locaiton of this resort. It is about halfway between Noosa heads and Noosaville. This means it is not close to anything, and without a car you are stuck as they only have a shuttle to Hastings Street a few times a day. I don't like being at a hotel and not being able to walk to a cafe or shop. I found this very annoying and ended up having to hire a car. For the addiotnal cost I would have preferred to stay beachfornt at either Noosaville or Noosa Heads, both of which areas were much nicer.
I know they advertsie themselves as being eco friendly and in natural surroundings but the reality is that this place backs onto a swamp, and that is the view you get front most of the windows. I didn't like it - others might.
The restaurant was good. I ended up eating there both nights becuase it was pouring with rain and I did not want to have to drive. They had a special of 2 courses for $29 dollars that was great value and the food was very good. I also had breakfast in the hotel both mornings as it was included in my room rate. The breakfast was extremely good with a huge selection of hot food, loads of fruit, smoked salmon, yoghurt and a very cool way of serving honey. They also had good coffee and a make your own pancake machine which I did not use. I am not sure how much breakfast costs, but if it is $30 or less then it is good value.
I was not impressed with how noisy the restaurant was. On both nights I was there they had a function next door. The music coming from the function was very loud and did spoil the nice restaurant environment. They need to do something about soundproofing the function area badly. I was also not imporessed that this is a totally smoke free resort. Yes I agree that smoking should never be allowed in restaurant, cafe, bar, rooms or even around the pool (at a push). But not being allowed to smoke in the outside areas of the hotel or on the balcony of your room is ridiculous. But overall a nice resport in a poor location.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you have heavy bags. The stairs are steep and dangerous if it is rainin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank halgaj

Dear halgaj,

Thanks for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodation, dinner and breakfast at the resort. I respect your thoughts that resorts should permit smoking on apartment balconies and will let others form their own view on if this should be permitted at resorts/hotels – there are no plans to change our smoking policy in the near future.

I have raised this in previous responses but for the benefit of others new to RACV Noosa Resort I thought I would provide some of my thoughts when you are considering if this resort is the right location for you in Noosa.

If you need a cab, it costs about $10 to Hastings Street – a guest worked out the other day that was staying with us for 5 days that they used a cab 3 times ($30) during their stay but saved $100 a night ($500 in total) staying at RACV Noosa Resort than at a comparable property in Hastings Street.

I hope this helps.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent two nights in a studio room. We got a great deal on wotif.com including breakfast each day.

The room had a bedroom and tv/sitting room with a private terrace and en-suite. The room was great and clean; we loved having a room to sit and watch TV in or read.

We were a bit worried about noise when we arrived as the place was fully booked out with a wedding. When we went to dinner there was a group of young people having a great time. But the accommodation is so well set out we had no problems and didn't hear any noise after about 9.

Breakfast was what you would expect from a big hotel standard hot, cold, fruit, bakery assortment, juice, etc..... We were able to order real coffee (at a cost) but were happy to do so.

There is a shuttle you can get down to Hastings st at set times. Which is recommended as parking is horrendous down in Noosa.

The staff were excellent and all helpful. We would stay there again if we are able to get a good deal again.

1  Thank Jodie_de
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Jodie_de,

Thank you for your very positive review of the resort and the team that do such a great job at making guests very happy each day. The rooms certainly are spacious and so much better than some of the older styles of accommodation. We get no end of very happy guest enjoying the outlook the Noosa Sanctuary Conservation Reserve and love the range of water bird visitors we get each day in the resort’s lagoons.

The shuttle is also a great way to avoid the peak times in Hasting Street without the hassle of parking and the walk or shuttle to Noosaville is equally convenient. Look out on the RACV website for some great member packages available all year round.

kind regards