“Not the holiday I had hoped for.”

Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I was very much looking forward to returning to Noosa, following a wonderful week there in 2009. Last year we stayed at the Sheraton, to which I would have happily returned, but thought it might be good to try another place. I spent some time looking through various reviews and decided to stay at the Outrigger Little Hastings Street.
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, our week at the Outrigger did not meet my expectations. On the good side, I found the staff I dealt with to be friendly and helpful; the landscaping of the grounds is particularly well done; and the parking is easy. On the down side, I found the place to be very shaded and cool - to be fair, this may be a delight in the height of Summer, however we were in search of sun and warmth; the pool was cold and open for only limited hours - no chance of an early morning or late night swim; I thought the beds and pillows were decidely average; but above all have some concerns for people needing a well set out access room.

After the first night, we asked for a room change due to mobility and access issues in the room we had. We were reallocated an access room but despite saying we were prepared to pay more for a room with sun and views, we were moved to a shady room with no real view. This may be because we had originally booked via a last minute site rather than through Outrigger directly. In terms of anyone in a wheelchair, the access room we were given would be very difficult. The bathroom was great, with loads of space and rails; however there would be difficulty with a wheelchair in the bedroom (space issues); and there would be no way of reaching the cups / glasses etc in the kitchen due to the height they have been placed. It is as though the bathroom has been designed or checked by a mobilty 'expert' but the bedroom, kitchen and living area overlooked.
I have never written a review before and did not anticipate that the first one I would write would be negative. As I say however, the Outrigger Noosa may well be a haven of trees and shade in the Summer months; and the the fully opening sliding doors onto the balconies would be able to be maximised during those months. If however, you are looking for a place with excellent access rooms or to escape a gloomy Winter and are in search of warmth and sun, then the Outrigger may not be the place for you.

4  Thank HF_180

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We've stayed in much of the accomadation on offer in Noosa over many years and I have never felt the need to review before, but the new outrigger little hastings street will be a tough act to follow and I thought was deserved of some tripadvisor love.

I was travelling with 2 couples and we stayed in a 3 bedder in the tree top villas, though they don't have the ocean views that I imagine many of the apartments do, we found the privacy and tranquility of the rainforrest outlook suited perfectly the relaxing mood we were hoping for over the weekend.

The apartments are modern, clean and really world class. we were very impressed and will be making this without a doubt our new preffered digs when we head up the coast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2010

After being surprised by the very high density development of this very new resort, we were also surprised by how "little" hastings street is a bit of a misnomer as an address.Research on Google maps carefully to see what I mean.
Next, our shoebox allegedly 2 bedroom suite was pokey, with the main bed seperated from the tiny lounge by sliding wood louvres. We were sharing with our teenage daughter, so this wasn't a disaster; had we been sharing with another couple -disaster. Because we paid a "special" $379 a night for three nights (mid-week, not Jazz Festival week) I told reception we were hugely underwhelmed by the accom. Later, we were advised we could be moved the next day to a better room. It was better in comparison to the first - two genuine bedrooms, larger lounge dining, more light, forest view - but really, for that price, even in Noosa, this is a real gouge. No compensation or apology for the crab room the first night. Steep walk down to Hastings Street, OK for us, but if you have any sort of mobility problem, this will be hard.
Curiously, the inhouse restaurant is called The View, when it has none at all - the adjacent lounge can see the water, the the dining area is stuck at he back.
Workmen still there, so obviously very new, and therefore, very clean and well appointed good linen etc.
On the upside, the staff were genuinely trying hard to be pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zoshi
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We spent a weekend with our two small kids, 4 and 18 months in this brand new 5 star resort. Our room, although very nice and modern, had views of the reception and they had clear view into our apartment... so much for privacy! The room was pretty dark because it was in the shadow of the opposite building.
We did ask the staff for another room, with a better view, or at least with some privacy, but they turned us down, even though the resort was far from being full.
Anything for kids, such as cot, high chair etc, is only available for extra costs. The cot was offered at 25.-/night, you can almost buy a new one if you stay long enough... that is a rip off. The resort itself has a very cold atmosphere. Who says modern needs to be cold? Nothing for kids at all, except the pool, which is adjacent to the parking garage and surrounded by the road. Sure there could have been a better location for a pool with a view considering that the resort is surrounded by nature.
The room, we stayed in an apartment style 2 bedroom suite, had a beautiful kitchen with all the kitchenware and cutlery, unfortunately I do expect from a 5 star premises, that it at least would provide the basics, such as salt, pepper, some oil for cooking. Don't expect me to travel with those things for a quick weekend away to a 5 star resort. Or else don't offer a kitchen if you do not offer the basics to do something with it.
However it is to be said, that the staff responded very quickly at all times. The in house dining was exceptionally good for room service. The rooms are beautiful, the beds really nice, all very clean and modern.
The resort restaurant looked very nice and is probably not even overpriced, but so is the breakfast, 32.- is a bit too much for coffee, toast and some eggs... or how much does a normal person eat for brekky?
But if you travel light, that is without kids, just want to read and make sure you get a better view, than it could be a nice place. At least it is surrounded by lush greens and you could have a view of the bay and best of all, it is only a few minutes walk to Hastings street. Great.

1  Thank websandra
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed here with my parents, husband and 14 month old for a long weekend. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The room itself was lovely, well lit, fully fitted and quiet. The only down side for us was 2 fold, we had a room with a mezzanine which meant unguarded stairs (with a baby who has just started walking) and 2nd, with the mezzanine it meant it was difficult to put the baby somewhere to sleep which would keep it dark and quiet. In the end we opted for the rather spacious closet. It actually worked pretty well and she slept suprisingly well. There is also a lot of furniture in the suites which we are able to move around to guard the stairs. There may be other rooms which do not have stairs as the complex is huge but we had already unpacked by the time we thought of it so just stayed put.

On the first night we had room service was was reasonably priced, arrived quickly and was very tasty.

Despite the round the houses drive to the hotel it was a very pleasant 5 min walk down to the beach and shops. It is a bit harder on the way back up but works off some calories from dinner.

Over all I would highly recommend this accommodation. We got an excellent rate on Wotif for $250 a night when the hotel charges significantly more than this so if worth shopping around for a good deal.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Coming to the Sunshine coast for a wedding our motel in Gympie fell through so I booked the Outrigger Noosa last minute on WOTIF and got a 2 bedroom apartment for a great price.

We stayed for 2 nights and were so impressed we will be staying again! Yes its more expensive than some other places but if your after luxury in Noosa than this is the place for you. Also taking advantage of websites like wotif & last minute make this affordable

The apartments are stylish are fully self contained and so modern, you can also order room service if need be. They have a cafe, store & 2 pools ( one being a lap pool) we didn't have enough time to sadly make use of any of the above but when we come back for a longer stay we will certainly do so.

It was really quite but so close to the bustle of hasting street. A truly lovely place for a 5 star getaway. If your like us and traveling with two children under 3 and want child friendly but not compromising on quality than this is a great place

Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I travelled to Noosa with 3 young children and opted to stay at the new Outrigger - We stayed in the 2 bedroom Villa and we certainly were not disappointed. I would however wait to book next time. The day before WOTIF had the same room for $100 a night less after showing reception they still were not prepared to match it.

Pros
Beautiful rooms in a truly gorgeous location
Resort pool will be nice when the weather is warmer
Reception Staff - Friendly and attentive
The beds are just divine

Cons
I would seriously give the breakfast buffet a miss - very expensive (I was charged for my 3 yr. old) the food was ordinary to say the least. It was your basic bacon,scrambled egg and hash brown breakfast, considering the resort was almost empty there did not seem to be enough food for the few morning diners and we had to continually wait for the chef to cook more.
The View Restaurant was overpriced $49 for a steak. Our desert was delivered frozen and was promptly sent back (Tiramisu) 2nd desert bought out was also frozen. They did apologise and offer something else but with 3 little kids now getting tired we had to go. I think there are far better places on Hastings to eat.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
The Sebel Noosa
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa

Been to Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!