I was very much looking forward to returning to Noosa, following a wonderful week there in 2009. Last year we stayed at the Sheraton, to which I would have happily returned, but thought it might be good to try another place. I spent some time looking through various reviews and decided to stay at the Outrigger Little Hastings Street.
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, our week at the Outrigger did not meet my expectations. On the good side, I found the staff I dealt with to be friendly and helpful; the landscaping of the grounds is particularly well done; and the parking is easy. On the down side, I found the place to be very shaded and cool - to be fair, this may be a delight in the height of Summer, however we were in search of sun and warmth; the pool was cold and open for only limited hours - no chance of an early morning or late night swim; I thought the beds and pillows were decidely average; but above all have some concerns for people needing a well set out access room.
After the first night, we asked for a room change due to mobility and access issues in the room we had. We were reallocated an access room but despite saying we were prepared to pay more for a room with sun and views, we were moved to a shady room with no real view. This may be because we had originally booked via a last minute site rather than through Outrigger directly. In terms of anyone in a wheelchair, the access room we were given would be very difficult. The bathroom was great, with loads of space and rails; however there would be difficulty with a wheelchair in the bedroom (space issues); and there would be no way of reaching the cups / glasses etc in the kitchen due to the height they have been placed. It is as though the bathroom has been designed or checked by a mobilty 'expert' but the bedroom, kitchen and living area overlooked.
I have never written a review before and did not anticipate that the first one I would write would be negative. As I say however, the Outrigger Noosa may well be a haven of trees and shade in the Summer months; and the the fully opening sliding doors onto the balconies would be able to be maximised during those months. If however, you are looking for a place with excellent access rooms or to escape a gloomy Winter and are in search of warmth and sun, then the Outrigger may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for accommodation in Noosa that offers you a blend of luxury, location and lifestyle then Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas has it all here for you. With Noosa’s famous beach just 500 metres away, you’re close to everything and the views from your private patio or balcony are simply stunning. For business or pleasure, weddings or one of Noosa’s popular events - whatever your reason for visiting Noosa, choose the impeccable style that is Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas with Resort Shop and View Restaurant onsite. Please note when driving, we have two entrances dependant on time of day: From 7am to 7pm access via 33a Viewland Drive. From 7pm to 7am access via 5 Morwong Drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa Noosa Hotel Noosa
- Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort And Spa Noosa