“Fantastic family holiday”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fantastic family holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to this resort for five nights with our 23 month old little boy. We stayed in a one bed apartment and had a ball despite some bad weather. The staff were extremely friendly, the apartment was beautiful, very clean and had everything we needed. We could even access the bathroom from the hallway as well as the bedroom meaning we could put our little boy to bed and not have to disturb him to go through to the bathroom in the evening. The pools were all beautiful.

I went to the spa whilst we were here and had a hot stone massage. It was the best spa I have even been too and the staff were amazing.

All in all a fantastic holiday and we will definately go back. It was an easy walk down to the beach each morning.

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the bushland are very private and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
OutriggerNoosa, General Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good morning,

With such a wonderful review I had penned a response using the opportunity to further reflect on the property points of difference. I have instead chosen to delete it and simply focus on you, our guest.

From all of us here at Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort and Spa, a very big, heartfelt and genuine ... thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our family of 9 adults and 2 children just spent a 3 day weekend at this resort to celebrate some birthdays WOW!!!! Each and every one of us thought everything was absolutely perfect
We stayed in 3 x 2 bedroom National Park View Apartments and were blown away
Every single staff member we came across was more than helpful and so friendly
There is absolutely nothing negative we could say about this wonderful place.
Even the weather was perfect only starting to rain as we waited for our transfer back to the airport - not that any of us wanted to leave!
We cannot thank you enough for the amazing stay we had and we are aiming to make this our permanent Easter getaway spot from 2014 onwards

2 Thank Happytraveller973
OutriggerNoosa, General Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Good morning
WOW indeed, many, many thanks. I think we’ll stock up on the chocolate Easter bunnies now.

I know a number of our staff check this site and to all of you reading this now, it is a joy and privilege working with you. I also present a weekly update newsletter to all staff weekly and your comments here will be headlining this weeks bulletin. The feedback on their efforts is greatly appreciated and I’m so pleased their relationship with you and your family throughout your stay was so memorable.

We wish you all the best for the remainder of 2013 and we look forward to welcoming you all back for Easter in 2014. Oh, and by the way, we have a few Villas that sleep 11 people that may well be an option at that time; if staying in Noosa, why not go all out and enjoy the large living areas and magnificent views out over Laguna Bay. Food for thought.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked a 'resort room' for $230/night, and booked a couples massage etc as it was our third anniversary. I also asked about the possibility of getting a 1 bedroom with a spa, but I was told that there were no 1 bedrooms with spas available. No worries yet.
We arrive, get to the room - a charming view of the car park - we overlooked the main carpark....not what I expect for $230/night - resort view is not 'car park' view. Car park view would be worth $90/night? I complained and the lovely staff moved me immediately, firstly showing me the room, which was on a higher floor and while it still overlooked the car park, people couldn't see into the room. However - what really annoys me - this room was free, and it has a spa bath!? While I'm pleased I have the spa bath - I was previously told none where available. And the staff made me feel 'cheap' for booking a $230/night room "the cheaper rooms do have worse views including views of the car park, that's why they are so cheap" as I was told by one staff member. $230/night for a car park view? I can stay in Brisbane for much less if I wanted to look at car parks. Otherwise lovely facilities, good breakfast, mostly great and very friendly staff. Just not worth paying $230 for the view of a car park....

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Laura D
OutriggerNoosa, General Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hello Laura and congratulations on your anniversary.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on this public forum. Your emotive title statement is most disappointing and certainly neither reflects intent nor that witnessed on a day to day basis as is reflected by other’s comments on this site.

Despite the impact of returning the original room to clean and reallocating a series of other bookings it is pleasing our staff were able to come some way to meeting with your expectations regardless of obviously still falling well short of what you would have preferred.
From our records off the third party site you booked, unfortunately when a room category, in this case Resort View, is selected prior to the purchase decision by a guest it overrides any additional requests, such as Ocean View, in the comment fields.

We go to great efforts to clearly identify room category availability on all booking channels; so much so we only promote National Park, Resort and wots the catch as aspect options. On the most part guests booking accommodation with us have the opportunity of understanding what is being booked prior to purchase as it is indeed difficult, on most weekends especially, to reallocate or offer an upgraded option on arrival.

Outside of the matter regarding allocation I’m pleased you found the property lovely and the staff friendly. I trust you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay; with the Ironman in town there was certainly a great deal of excitement throughout Hastings Street and Noosa Main Beach.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I will preface this with the fact that we are not the kind of people who spend a lot of time in a hotel. We aren't concerned with room service or other amenities. That being said, this was a great place to stay! We had a two bedroom apartment which was very clean and modern. We had a national park view which was gorgeous.

It is about 500 meters the shops but it's a breezy walk. They do have a buggy/golf cart which you can catch if you don't want to walk.

A major plus was the complimentary buffet breakfast - it was good food! There was a little bit of everything.

I was travelling with my partner and my parents, but I see it as a great place for family with kids.

All the staff we encountered were very friendly, helpful and professional. We'll be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I take the opportunity to comment that whilst indeed the two bedroom apartments are well suited to families (with kids of all ages) the dynamic we are noticing is an increasing number of couples travelling together and sharing accommodation. With our two bedroom apartments having the two bedroom, two bathroom configuration, it is an ideal retreat for short breaks away for our ever increasingly demanding world.

I thank you also for your comments on staff. I am privileged to work with these amazing individuals and it is a pleasure to work along side them everyday. I’m glad their engagement added to your experience during your stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We just enjoyed a great weekend at Outrigger. We loved the pool and a great position (7 mins walk to Hastings Street) It was good not to have to worry about finding a park in Hastings Street. I loved the car parking at Outrigger. Just drive straight in and plenty of room. My family gave me a day spa voucher which was wonderful. Very professional and staff were lovely. Overall a great place to stay and I will return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room looking over the rain forest.
Love Noosa.

Tourism Noosa recently put a Love Noosa campaign to market and you have certainly touched on a few of the reasons why it doesn’t take much to see why it was so successful.

Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort and Spa is ideally located far enough away from the activity of Hastings Street but you can park the car and stroll down to the beach, into the Noosa National Park and top off with a bit of retail therapy. Following all this self exertion, 90 minutes in Staphanies Spa puts the icing on the day out.

Thank you for your wonderful review and I hope it encourages others to choose Noosa for a great weekend away.
Maui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a fun weekend in Noosa especially staying with Outrigger. The crew took good care of us and we had options despite the rainfall. They escorted us around on the cart and provided umbrellas for anyone needing them. We had a drink at the View, amazing views of course! This is conveniently located in Noosa to walk to parks, surf club and ocean! Stay Here for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Aloha

Delighted to host Ohana from Hawaii Islands. Your Australian tour up the coast from Salt to Noosa would have shown off the best of our beaches and lifestyle here at home.

Thank you for your kind review and we have certainly enjoyed having you stay with us here at Outrigger little Hastings Street Resort and Spa.

All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Singleton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Thanks Outrigger staff for a beaut stay. Really nice friendly service.
First rate accommodation & lovely private location close to Hastings Street which is what we wanted. We stayed in a 3 br penthouse over 3 levels. It was the size of a house, beautifully appointed, good beds, full kitchen, laundry, a couple of lounge spaces and a fab lock up garage for 2 cars. Everything was neat & clean, I love clean.
See you all next visit, all the best.....
Leona

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Leona
Good morning and many thanks for your review. We all enjoy this beautiful part of Australia and it is a pleasure to host.

Architecturally, the villas and penthouses at Outrigger are strikingly beautiful, environmentally sustainable and overwhelmingly spacious set beside Noosa National Park. Even the shortest time in residence delivers intense gratification to spirit and mind. The single level penthouse through to multi-level Villas are uniquely designed and feature different views from national park to coastline, yet one theme is common – they are all spacious, private and feature stylish décor to create a luxurious home away from home.

Catering for between four and eight guests, hallmarks of Outrigger Little Hastings Street Villa and Penthouse collection are large master bedrooms, ensuites and walk-in-robes, open-plan dining and living areas extending out onto equally large all-weather balconies and private garages.

Thanks again for the opportunity to boast about this product and our service delivery and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.