“Choose room if you can”

Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just spent 2 nights over long weekend in one bedroom unit.
This was a Wot hotel deal on Wotif, therefor probably the reason we were situated where we were
Had we paid the full price I would have been disappointed but only with the position of our unit.We were directly accross the road way from reception and put up with every single bus and car and buggy and pick up vehicle that just had to sit and idle the motor endlessly.
Having said that this was in reality our only complaint.
The staff are professional and very friendly.
The room is the most lovely design and very spacious.
We ate in both nights so can't comment on the restaurant although using the kitchen is a dream and being there over the weekend we took the opportunity of visiting the excellent, local farmers market on the Sunday for goodies.
We also walked to Hastings street and had drinks etc at Cato's ( a favorite of ours) and the walk is pleasant
Could not believe how quiet the entire resort was overnight and we slept really well.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would like to come back for a longer stay in a room on the other side of the building facing the National Park.
Its the nice thing about Noosa that althought you're at the beach, there's trees everywhere as well and this place has really made the most of their position and we would have liked to too

Room Tip: Away from the driveway, facing the National Park. Higher the better I should think
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Good morning and thank you for your feedback.

In brief response for others, on all supply channels we make all attempts to clearly identify the room category so you can make an informed decision prior to purchase. We can’t change the physical nature of the design and do have accommodation stack that faces the road (Resort View) and accommodation that faces the trees (National Park). So if you are looking for affordable accommodation in this style of resort than the discounted options may suit you fine. But should you be looking for a holiday experience, as this guest suggests, choose to book a National Park apartment or review the Villa and Penthouse options available. Hope that helps.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My Partner and I stayed here Mid August for four nights. We were in Noosa for a friends wedding and choose the Outrigger on location, price and modernity (over the Sheraton as it looks extremely dated!!)

Our room was a 1 Bedroom National Park View.Firstly I must tell you the strong points of this resort -

*Friendly, extremely helpful staff
(Nothing was a hassle and every one was smiling, full of helpful information and ready to assist with whatever we required)

*Beautiful Large Modern Contemporary rooms.
You won't be disappointed with the fit out or size!! We were lucky enough to have a massive balcony that looked into the rainforest. Our only problem was we were there long enough to enjoy it!

*Privacy
Our room was on the ground floor looking out into the park. We had no one looking in, and hardly saw any other people who were staying at the same time.

*Price Point
We got a great deal for our stay of 4 days. Very competitive rates against every other hotel at the time!

Ok so for the weaker points -

*Location
Whilst this is in the heart of Noosa, it is set on the hill tops of the National Parks. There are two entrances to get to the resort via car and it's confusing to remember which one you are to use for when.

But the biggest let down is the walk down to little hastings street and back from the beach. Expect a good 10-15 min walk.

The resort does offer a buggy service from reception down to the beach, but this leaves at very scattered times - and we often found we'd either just missed it or it wasn't for another 2hrs which didn't suit our plans.

At first we didn't mind the walk (good to burn some of the holiday food!!) but after doing it 8 times in one day it became very annoying!! And that was in winter - I would be very uncomfortable doing this in Summer at full heat.

*Noise in room from Key entry & cleaners
Now this may be something that is easily fixed, but in the main bedroom closet was the fuse box for the apartment. Every night when we turned off the lights there was this loud noise coming from the closet.

It was so bad it woke me up twice and I couldn't get back to sleep. It wasn't until the last night, that we figured this was linked to the Key Entry in the room (which controls the lights). So we took the key out of the light fixture at the front door and the noise stopped!
Only issue then was waking up in the middle of the night, needing to go to the bathroom but doing so in the dark because we had to taken the key out that controlled the master lights!

In addition to this our room was right next to the cleaners store room. Each morning at 7am they made allot of noise coming in/out getting supplies for their rounds. This became very annoying due to the lack of sleep from the fuse box issue.... we'd finally fall back asleep only to be waken from the cleaners. :(

*King Bed Zipped in Middle
For us, the best part of going away is the bed. My partner is very tall and we love having the space of a King Bed, and look forward to sinking into something that is super comfy!
But that's not what happened.... The beds & pillows here are awful!

It was nominally a king size bed, but was actually two single beds zipped together and the zip was not properly covered or padded. Normally a King Sized Bed is two single bases pulled together, but with a King Mattress on top. Not to beds zipped together.

We both end-up sleeping in the gap containing the hard zip, which we found quite uncomfortable. Also the pillows are terrible - so flat (eco friendly I think) but just no volume. They were so bad we asked for more (which were provided quickly -great service as I said - but no change in comfort.

Would I recommend this to friends - no. Unless the change the Beds & Pillows and arrange more frequent buggy drops, I would stay & pay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Take your own Pillow!! For privacy & shade, ask for a National Park Room. For Sun, ask for a R...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Al_Cuci

Good morning and thank you. Whilst we are unable to attend to any changes in physical location, I’m pleased to read our service delivery met with your expectations. Should the location up against the Noosa National Park and the ten minute walk to the shopping mecca of Hastings Street or Noosa Beach not suit, there is certainly a number of quality accommodation options directly on Hastings Street including the Sheraton who have identified a refurbishment program in the year ahead. So, on behalf of all of us here in Noosa, we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a Fantastic stay at the Outrigger, I stayed there for 4 nights and the facilities as well as all the staff were absolutely amazing. The staff was happy every time I interacted with them they remembered my name and greeted me by it as if I were a friend. They were happy to assist me with my every query and request. Just to be clear when I say the staff was amazing I mean the front desk staff, the concierge, the restaurant staff, and the conference center staff too. I could not have asked for a better experience than the one I had while staying at this Outrigger location. Not only will I be back I hope that everybody that reads this review books their trip to here so that they too can experience the level of satisfaction that I did there.

After I departed the Outrigger I stayed 1 day in a 5 star hotel in the Rocks district in Sydney and I was painfully disappointed in their facility and their staff's response equally, they were both bad and completely unacceptable and to top it off that was my Birthday. Thank you to everyone at the Outrigger for giving me such a great experience during my first trip to Australia, if the 5 star hotel in Sydney would have been my only experience I wouldn't go back or recommend that anyone else go there either. I believe my experience at the Outrigger was a far better representation of what Australia and its people are really like. Thank you again for the Fantastic and Amazing time at your resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you again.

Your email direct to the property also much appreciated and the individual staff acknowledged. The feedback highly rewarding and we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to Noosa on your return visit to Australia. With my direct contact details at hand, I look forward to hearing from you at that time.

Regards

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Noosa Outrigger is a good apartment hotel/resort. I really don't class it much of a resort as it sits up in the national park and has no imediate access to the beach.

Depending on where you are situated in the resort the views can vary, views of the national park a plesant. If you are on a high floor with a view over noosaville it is somethings special around dusk.

The parking was excellent, plenty of space for those with cars and right under your apartment building, so easy access to your room from the parking area.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment for 1 night, as mentioned in the heading this would be perfect for a long stay. As we were only there for 1 night I found it a little far away from the action on Hastings street. Altough the resort do offer a buggy service at certain intervals during the day/night to get down there a little quicker. The walk is pleasent enough and if your lucky you might see some wildlife.

The apartment was spacious and had great cooking facilities, Spa bath and shower, plus a big bed which can be closed off to the lounge area by a big sliding door. Excellent at blocking out the light.

The service was good and the checkin/out was fast.

All in all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Good morning and thank you for your comments.

As a career hotelier I’ve never really considered the definition of resort other than the more emotive categorisation in that a hotel would be city based for a corporate market and a resort a destination based holiday market. So I played on the web and found:

Resort
Noun: A place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation, or which is frequented for a particular purpose

Hotel
Noun: An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists

Then there is the world of AAA ratings and this opens to a whole new categorisation.

So whilst it probably wasn’t the intent of your comment, I thank you for raising the query and allowing us to look at the dimensions of how we promote this award winning product tucked up against the Noosa National Park in one of Australia’s premier holiday destinations.

We look forward to welcoming you back for that longer stay. Enjoy the weekend of finals footy.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Outrigger for 3 nights for our anniversary, the manager found use looking for the late night entrance and guided us to the door. The restaurant was extremely well priced for the amazing food we had. We will defiantly stay here again away from the hustle of the main street but close enough to restaurants, shops and Noosa mainbeach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy anniversary and thank you for your kind words. We look forward to perhaps an annual getaway to Noosa. Look forward to welcoming you back again then.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The only negative is the extremely poor soundproofing. We stayed 3 nights and each night we could hear our neighbours as if they were in our apartment. On our last night, a smoke detector was activated next door followed by the strong smell of burnt toast, and this was after mid night. Aside from that, the resort is just wonderful in a perfect location, close to Hastings Street. We stayed there when it first opened 2 years ago and I'm sure we'll be back, with ear plugs next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter higher room

Sorry about the noise.

Certainly the alarm would create a disturbance as they are intended, but the sound from adjoining apartments is unusually not raised as a concern. Perhaps Noosa being acknowledged as a quiet holiday destination where restaurants are closing after everyone has headed home by 10pm and lights out shortly there after makes those with later night habits stand out more. Its certainly unfortunate the noise from others interrupted your stay with us. On a note for next time, we are staffed 24hrs so willing to attend to noise or disturbance. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Excellent service from amazing staff. The guy who checked us in especially, he was super helpful, friendly and professional.

Noosa is gorgeous and this place is in the perfect spot to experience it all. Golf buggy shuttle to help you make your way to or from town if you aren't up to the steep walk is a huge bonus.

We ordered room service and were pleasantly surprised by the quality. Usually getting room service is a last resort and is almost always disappointing but the Thai beef salad in particular was great.

The rooms are excellent with beautiful quality fittings and furnishings. Grounds are beautiful, trees everywhere, and you go to sleep to the sound of frogs and wake up to the birds. Just beautiful!

The bed was super comfortable my only complaint of our stay was that the pillows were quite flat, but I'm just being nitpicky!

We'll be heading back through Noosa in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Brilliant and thank you. See you in a few weeks.