I recently stayed at Outrigger, Little Hastings Street in Noosa for a three day vacation. The hotel, or resort, is a pretty nice place, positioned good with a few hundred meters to the beach, the shopping at Hastings Street and with their own entrance to the national park. Noosa is really a nice place, and the hotel puts you in a good position to reach the different parts of it. As other reviewers mentions, the hotel is situated up on a hill which is about a 5-10 minutes walk from everything. They have however resolved this with a buggy that both can deliver you down, as well as pick you up if you give the concierge a call. We never tried it, but it seemed effective with many other guests using it.
The hotel itself is actually pretty nice. It has a good looking pool with sun loungers and a poolside bar (but only open 1 out of three days during our stay). There is also a smaller lap pool. The rooms are nice, and spatious, with amenities like a lcd tv in the living room, and a small lcd in the bedroom, both with a good selection of channels. The bed is comfy, and there was quiet at night. We had no bathtub but two(!) good pressure showers. There's also a big terrace connected to the living room with a sun lounger and a seating area. Finally, there's a kitchen for people who like to cook for themselves.
The night at our arrival we were checked in promptly, we also received a call before arriving about which entrance to use (there are two), which I think was a nice touch. As we arrived late (9 pm) I had earlier checked Outrigger's website for food options, and it stated that the restaurant was open from 6pm for dinner, I mistakenly understood this as the restaurant would be open when we arrived, but they closed at 9 pm, leaving us not much choice but to have room service, which was a little dissapointing. The room service food was, to their defence, pretty nice though. The other nights the restaurant (which is also the bar) also closed at around 9, even on a Friday. In my mind, a good hotel needs to have some kind of bar or restaurant open late, especially when it's a bit away from other options. The check out time is 10 am, which is too early, we tried to have it extended an hour or two, but it was not possible.
I am really having a hard time to make up my mind about the hotel, but to summarize: I think Outrigger Little Hastings Street can be a great place - as a previous reviewer stated, they are basically a really nice hotel to stay at, but they lack a few small things making the experience five star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for accommodation in Noosa that offers you a blend of luxury, location and lifestyle then Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas has it all here for you. With Noosa's famous beach just 500 metres away, you're close to everything and the views from your private patio or balcony are simply stunning. For business or pleasure, weddings or one of Noosa's popular events - whatever your reason for visiting Noosa, choose the impeccable style that is Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas with Resort Shop and View Restaurant onsite. RESORT The refined sophistication, contemporary furnishings and understated elegance synchronise perfectly with the airy open spaces and magnificent ocean views gained from these Two and Three Bedroom Apartments and Penthouse Apartments with private entry and garage. Shady eucalyptus and melaleuca trees surround you and you'll want for nothing with room service, laundry/dry cleaning valet, fully equipped kitchens and cable TV. LUXURY VILLAS If you're looking for the spaciousness of a beach house in Noosa with the convenience of housekeeping, then these luxury split level villas are perfect. Your sub-tropical lifestyle takes place on expansive balconies with the most magnificent views across Laguna Bay and the rainforest canopy of the Noosa National Park. The villas are superbly equipped for romantic dining or entertaining friends in true Noosa style. FACILITIES Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas offers WiFi access, a gymnasium and steam room, complimentary car parking and 24 hour reception. For onsite dining, View Restaurant provides a relaxing and welcoming environment. Spend all day luxuriating at the Day Spa or lounge by the pool enjoying a refreshing cocktail poolside. Stay in shape at the fitness centre and steam room or why not rent an electric bike and explore the natural wonders of the area. Please note when driving, we have two entrances dependant on time of day: From 7am to 7pm access via 33a Viewland Drive. From 7pm to 7am access via 5 Morwong Drive. Peppers Noosa is a smoke free accommodation property - a designated smoking area is provided at Brogans Pond opposite View Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa Noosa Hotel Noosa
- Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort And Spa Noosa