“Amazing!”

Equathon Horse Riding Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 64 Outdoor Activities in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Equathon Horse Riding Adventures offer award winning horse riding tours on the beach at Noosa North Shore, and the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Tours are managed by triple Olympian, Alex Watson and feature beautifully trained and presented Australian Stock Horses. Experience our daily riding tours on the beach or extend your stay for an overnight riding adventure. Available from one night up to six nights/seven days, tours include beautiful regional accommodation and meals at competitive prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canberra, Australia
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My sister and I booked a 2 hour private ride along Noosa North Shore with Nikki. We used to own horses years ago, but both had not ridden in approx. 5 years. Our experience was acknowledged and instead of a boring/sluggish walk, we were able to canter along the beach and through the water.
The horses were gorgeous! Our mounts, "Jewel" and "Kiki" were both well behaved and well maintained. Not to mention our guide, Nikki, who was very friendly and easy to talk to (and even took photos for us while riding). It didn't feel like we were being 'guided' or 'watched' at all.
It was an amazing experience! I would definitely recommend Equathon to anyone, and if I didn't live so far away (Canberra), I would be back on a regular basis!

Melbourne, Australia
“Dream come true”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We did a two hour private guided trail ride with just my husband, the trail guide and I. We walked, trotted and cantered along the beach on a gloriously sunny afternoon and the horses were stunning and quite well behaved (which is unusual for a trail ride horse). This was by far the best trail ride I have ever been on as it was a private ride which meant we could ride at whatever pace we wanted to. Additionally the trail guide was very experienced and helpful and listened to what we did and did not want to do. It had been a dream of mine to ride a horse on the beach, so thanks for helping make my dream come true. Note that I personally avoid trail rides unless they are private as things can become dangerous when riding in a pack, so I only did this ride because it was a private ride. Note that my husband was a total beginner whilst I was an experienced rider (albeit out of touch), however the ride was done such that both our needs were catered to and we both had a wonderful time. Well done to Equaton!!

Visited November 2013
Buderim, Australia
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had a fantastic 3 hour beach horse ride with Alex the owner. The horses were fantastic and matched to each riders ability. The scenery was perfect!! Annemarie & Alex

Birtinya, Australia
“Best Christmas present ever”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

From the time we arrived Becky took great care of us. Becky explained what I needed to do, which was important for me as I'm only a second time horse rider. We had a great time and I would recommend Becky and Equathon to beginners and experienced riders.

We will be back.

Kingaroy, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My fiancee booked a horse ride along the beach at Noosa North shore as a birthday present and it was spectacular. The horses are very well looked after and happy. They were calm and patient and very sociable. We are both beginners and felt very comfortable and safe during our ride. We want to say a big thank to Alex for an unforgettable experience and couldn't recommend them highly enough :). We will definitely be back.