“Great fun ride”

Equathon Horse Riding Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Equathon Horse Riding Adventures offer award winning horse riding tours on the beach at Noosa North Shore, and the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Tours are managed by triple Olympian, Alex Watson and feature beautifully trained and presented Australian Stock Horses. Experience our daily riding tours on the beach or extend your stay for an overnight riding adventure. Available from one night up to six nights/seven days, tours include beautiful regional accommodation and meals at competitive prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a lovely thing to do with a group of friends! We had such a great time.

Really well organised by Rebecca and Alex. They were at the spot on the beach when we arrived, with the horses saddled. There was a short safety talk then we were helmeted and assisted onto our horses. From there it was a gorgeous ride up the beach in the sun to the point of Noosa North Shore. In all it took about 2.5 hours, which was perfect timing.

We had a group who ranged in experience from very to not-at-all first timers. The horses were perfect for all of us. We had been asked to submit our experience level, weight and height several weeks beforehand and so had been matched to a horse that was a suitable size and tameness for each. No one was given a frightening experience and everyone who was experienced had a mount which was enjoyable to ride. We were even able to have a short gallop along the beach later in the ride. The quieter horses who were left behind at this time didn't get agitated. Everyone was able to take it at their own pace.

Perfect really!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I spent two awesome hours on a private horse ride at Noosa North Shore (Teewah beach) with two fantastic guides (Nikki & Bec). The girls gave us the freedom to enjoy the experience and the confidence in knowing they were looking after us. They managed to take lots of great photos for us that we will cherish for years to come. Neither of us had ridden for many years and were relieved to know that the Equathon crew matched us up with the best horses for our ability. Rebecca was fantastic to deal with and really went the extra mile to accommodate us. The main reason we wanted this experience is that it was on my wife's bucket list and I wanted to do something special for her on our 25th wedding anniversary - we will not wait another 25 years to ride again with the Equathon crew! AWESOME!!!!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This ride is definitely worth the money! The view is incredible and the staff are great! My friend and I had an amazing experience galloping along the beach at full tilt, then swimming with the horses. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had the most wonderful time on our beach ride. I am a very experienced rider however my husband is not, but it didn't matter! He even went for a gallop, of which he hasn't shut up about at our polo club at home in England.

The horses we rode were gorgeous and very chilled. It's amazing how young they are! We are now looking to buy a horse just like moose for my husband.

Wonderful experience. Much recommended.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went today with my daughter. The booking process was easy and email directions made for no problems in finding. The staff, Nikki, Rebecca, and alex were great and nothing was any trouble for them. We went on the 2 hour beach ride and the horses were matched perfectly. Nikki was a top guide and we will definitely do this again. We would love to do the 5 day ride, if it is as well run as this one it will be a great experience. Overall I give it 5 stars and recommend to all.

1  Thank cheekygimp