“Second Fantastic Bush and Beach Ride”

Equathon Horse Riding Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 64 Outdoor Activities in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Equathon Horse Riding Adventures offer award winning horse riding tours on the beach at Noosa North Shore, and the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Tours are managed by triple Olympian, Alex Watson and feature beautifully trained and presented Australian Stock Horses. Experience our daily riding tours on the beach or extend your stay for an overnight riding adventure. Available from one night up to six nights/seven days, tours include beautiful regional accommodation and meals at competitive prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Colorado Springs, CO
“Second Fantastic Bush and Beach Ride”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Ours is a Colorado family that loves to travel and ride, so our first Bush/Beach ride in 2006 was a natural (our daughters were 13 and 16 back then). We loved the experience so much that we returned again in 2011 (and at ages 18 and 21, our daughters now surpass us in their riding). Quality tack and horses, excellent accommodations, outstanding guides/hosts and rides of a lifetime were the common factors on both great trips! The beach ride is simply spectacular...there's nothing like the beach at Noosa as experienced from the back of a horse. Thanks so much for hosting two epic family adventures...can't wait to return again!

Visited June 2011

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience horse riding on Noosa North Shore”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I took my two teenage daughters on a 2 hour beach and bush ride with Equathon. I was very impressed by the professional staff, the cleanliness of the stables and yards and the condition of the horses. The horses were well trained, responsive and healthy.

In the mounting yard each rider was given personal instruction and information regarding their horse's personality. We were then able to ride around the yard and familiarise ourselves with our horse.

The ride began with trek through the bush with several trotting opportunities. Beginners were offered the choice to join us and were given thorough instructions prior to trotting. One in our group preferred not to so the second instructor moved in front of her to ensure her horse did not trot. The same opportunity was given on the beach for those who wished to canter. We were able to take the horses into the water and were given ample time for photos.

In addition to this, a pod of whales put on a magnificent display for us not far from shore, breaching and playing in the surf.

All in all, a wonderful experience. We will definitely be returning.

Visited September 2011
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Unforgettable Unique Beach / Bush Riding Experience”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I had a throughly wonderful time during a 2 hour Beach and Bush Ride with Elli. I'm certainly a far cry from the skills of jockey Glen Boss but for a short period under Elli's careful and through instruction, I was able to advance my limited riding skills to a level where I could feel like him for a short period. I managed to Canter for the first time in my life, not just once but several times and for someone who's used to bouncing their butt at a trot, it was fabulous. Under Elli's watchful eye I was able to advance at a comfortable and safe pace and I throughly enjoyed every minute.
The horses are in perfect condition, they are well looked after by a caring and considerate staff, which shows in the calm nature of the horses and their quality of their coats. Scout would put Megan Gale to shame in teh Loreal Ad!
Equathon is certainly worth a visit and is worth every penny as the staff and horses are a joy.

Visited October 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must do in Noosa!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Thank you very much to Equathon for giving us a great experience in Noosa. Jessica was very friendly and informative and a great host. We really enjoyed our private ride. It definitely is worth the extra money! The horses and stables are immaculate and the staff are very friendly. We will definitely be back!

Thank you very much!

Gary & Ceri Hahn (Brisbane)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Fantastic unique experience run by friendly & professional personnel”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday with an experience he would never buy himself. Rebecca Harr from Equathon was helpful from the very first email and even found us 5 star accomodation on Hastings St during a peak period.
The grounds at Equathon are stunning, the employees all super friendly and the bush/beach ride was just so relaxing. I would absolutely recommend this experience as something to try and we will be back again!

Visited September 2011