“Please try!! You won't be disappointed!!!”
Review of La Vida Restaurant

La Vida Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 341 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family have owned busy restaurants in Melbourne all my life and I have worked in the industry for 11 years, so I'm some what of a food snob. The food and service my partner and I experienced at La vida was excellent! The food is consistent, fresh, fast and yummy and the staff were very friendly and efficient. La vida has a fantastic reputation amongst locals and is without a doubt in the top 5 restaurants on the coast. Please try, you won't be disappointed. :)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This small restaurant was right next to where I was staying and I noticed that there were Morton Bay Bugs on the menu so I made a reservation. I didn't know that I had been speaking to the owner and I mentioned, in passing, that I had come far and wide for my Morton Bay Bugs and Australian mangoes. When I arrived, the waitress knew my order already and it was quite lovely that the chef prepared a mango salsa (especially for me) to go with the delicious and plentiful grilled bugs. I enjoyed the salad as well. Top Notch.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went there with friend who enjoyed dining there restaurant a few times. It was a Friday night, reasonably busy but not all tables were occupied.
The cocktails took more than half an hour and came actually with the entrees, and when I mentioned that I would usually have them before (or rather have chosen a glass of white whine to go with the entrée) I got a snippy remark in the lines of ‘we are busy, you can be happy not to get them even later’ and the unreasonable offer to take it back and serve it later…
We found the lamb brains an interesting idea for an entrée, unfortunately they were overpowered by the batter and thick slices of ham with it. The duck with kumara mash I had as main was quite nice but not very inspiring. My partner had the pumpkin gnocchi; interestingly they come very un-italian in brownie size pieces and because of the very rich sauce the entrée-size she cose for the main was more than enough.
Service continued to be inattentive, dishes were left on the table for ever, water was not replaced. When I complained to the manager about the appalling service he continued polishing glasses and without looking at me mumbled a half-hearted apology ‘it was busy’.
Despite the nice setting on Noosa’s Hastings Street this restaurant provided a poor service for the upmarket prices they charge, portions are generous but the food is only average. Fortunately there are plenty of good restaurants in Noosa to choose, neither us nor our friends will come back.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Food was great , value for money and lovely friendly service .We went three times in one week and enjoyed every visit.We will go back again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

First night in noosa was looking forward to having a seafood platter $175 bugs where over cooked no meet on the crab very over priced