“Fantastic spot for the family!”

Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Western Australia
“Fantastic spot for the family!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed here in October for 3 nights with our 2 children. The room was an excellent size, the location was fantasitc and the kids loved the playground across the road. If we ever come back to Noosa we definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank melandmatt2
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank-you for your review regarding your stay at Noosa Sun Motel. My kids love the playground opp the Motel as well. If they tire of the playground you can always take them for a swim in the river. We get a lot of families that stay at the Motel and they all rave about the location. The motels location would be in fact it's greatest strength. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed two nights in a first floor room (no. 14) with a king sized bed. It had a balcony overlooking the lock and waterway leading from Noosa River to private moorings in the residential area behind. Our room was reasonably well equipped with a sofa bed, dining table, kitchenette, fridge, kettle, toaster, electric frying pan, microwave and a two ring electric hob (no oven). Most of the fixtures showed some signs of wear and tear, but everything was clean and servicable.

The location is convenient with the river and park on the opposite side of Gympie Terrace and several restaurants and caves within a short walk.

We booked late on wotif.com and got a great deal; $99 per night (minimum 2 nights) and a free bottle of wine. Whilst their may be more luxurious (and correspondingly expensive) accommodation in Noosa, we found this motel quite adequate for a two night stop and good value. We would probably choose it again.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank-you for your review regarding your stay at Noosa Sun Motel. I'm glad you found the room to be clean and comfortable, during your stay. Some of the fixtures are showing a little wear, however we are currently undertaking a renovation program. At the moment we are installing brand new bathrooms into all the rooms. I just uploaded some photos of the new bathroom's onto our facebook page. If you get a chance I would love you to take a look and hear your thoughts?
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Booked to stay a night here in January. Arrived out of hours and keyed our reservation number into the automatic 'check in machine' several times -- no booking found!! Panic, what the?? Now what??
Used the out of hours phone and managed to contact the owner/operators for help, phew!! They swiftly arrived, rectified the problem and gave us a room. Not sure what would have happened had the hotel been full but the staff were so lovely they won me back despite the initial hick-up.
The facilities were very basic but so is the price - great value and budget friendly.
The room or mini apartment has all you need to feel at home in any case.
Especially loved how well the air-con worked.
Plenty or parking and loads of options to eat nearby.
Only gripe, the curtains. No good at all once the sun comes up so be prepared to be awake early. Block-out curtains would solve this or block-out material applied to the existing curtains perhaps.
For anyone wondering, the included breakfast is a breakfast box including Muesli, Trail Mix Nuts, Muesli Bar and Fruit Juice. A small supply of Milk is in the fridge and in the box also.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Noosa Sun Motel. We are currently in the process of upgrading our air/con units, and have been installing heavy duty style units. It was great to hear your comments that the air-con worked well. In regards to the curtains I did investigate this after reading your comments. The curtains in your room where brand new and where a bit stiff making them harder to close properly. Now that they have been up for a couple of months they are closing properly without any problems. Please accept my apologies regarding your initial check-in due to a technical problem with the machine. Once again thank-you for your comments and we hope to see you in the future.
Sydney
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Upon checking in the friendly staff were fantastic. I must say, they really go to the extra trouble. The management must have travelled themselves as there were amenties and thoughtful touches that made our stay so easy:

* The apartment was big, light and airy.
* Cutlery, crockery, corkscrew/bottle opener, dishwashing lquid
* Free broadband
* TV with a DVD player
* Hairdryer, iron/ironing board, and a heater (for the winter months)
* Luggage stand (so nice not to have to put your bag on the floor or bed)
* Drying rack for your towels or washing (so nice to dry laundry in the lovely Noosa sun)
* Laundry room with industrial appliances (fast and efficient), cupboard for guests to grab spare towels, dishwashing liquid, coffee/tea (A real point of difference here)
* Lovely pool area with comfy wicker furniture and loungers and a BBQ!

There were only two issues but they are more a personal thing - Our apartment was on the end which meant it had more windows. The issue I had was one was over the bed and the curtains weren't efficient at blocking the light. I ended up wearing an eye mask, then finally sleeping in the living room as the QLD 4:45am sun would shine down on my head.

The second issue is the air con lowest fan setting was more like the high setting on other air con units. I understand that was to push cold air down towards the living room, but a quieter fan setting would have been nice, so I didn't need to wear earplugs when it was going. My husband didn't need earplugs mind, I'm just a lighter sleeper.

But these two issues are not enough to stop us looking elsewhere. We'll be staying here again when we next hit Noosa!

Room Tip: Unless light is not an issue (eg. It's winter, or you are used to light rooms) make sure you req...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CariaTravels
Thank-you for your detailed comments regarding your recent stay at Noosa Sun Motel. I'm glad you enjoyed all the features of the room. We are continually looking for ways to improve, and one thing we have just introduced is Free Wireless Internet with no download limits. Other accommodation places that offer free wifi have big restrictions regarding usage. From my own research I believe this feature is an Australian first and something we are very proud to be able to bring to our guest. I am also glad you liked the complimentary towel cupboard. This was my wife's idea and has proven to be very popular. In regards to the curtains as per the previous comment this was caused by the fact that they were brand new curtains and as a result the fabric was very stiff. As they have now been up for a couple of months this is no longer an issue. Once again thanks for your feedback.
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Very reasonably priced. Large sitting room and kitchen. very friendly and helpful on-site managers. Close to river for interesting walks. Excellent parking. Only downside was the rather tired shower room. good base to take day trips to Fraser Island.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed at the Noosa Sun Motel over Christmas and I was honestly really sad to leave. My initial dilema was whether to stay in Noosaville or Noosa town (Hasting Street), I picked Noosavile and knew as soon as we arrived that I had made the right choice. Noosaville is super chilled, and so pretty, lots of little shops and places to eat.

The room was more like an apartment, really spacious, clean and with all the modcons you need. The owners were amazing, before we had even arrived they had helped me so much with information on where to go on Christmas day, and transport information. We were perfectly situated on Gympie Terrace with the beautiful river across the street, and a short stroll to an abundance of good cafes and restaurants. And the best bit was the price, really great value, and with the little kitchenette we didn't need to eat out 3 times a day which was very handy.

On the whole we loved our stay and I'd definitely book again if I return to Noosa.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank prithi d
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Booked this stay of 4 nights in a hurry and didn't really knew what to expect. To our surprise it was fantastic - considering the price. Super clean, spacious, and a well equipped little kitchen. The bed was huge and comfy. Bathroom old but clean and a shower with great water speed. The balcony was facing the little river and the tiny pool area was cozy.

I can hight recommend this quiet and neat place to everyone I know.

Room Tip: I think all rome were good. The ones on ground floor had terraces the ones on the second floor balco...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends