“A wonderful Christmas break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maison Noosa - Luxury Beachfront Resort

Maison Noosa - Luxury Beachfront Resort
Ranked #15 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Brisbane
“A wonderful Christmas break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We love Maison Noosa. Our family stayed in a three bedroom apartment right on the beach for 8 nights over Christmas. Our apartment was very clean, spacious, well appointed and well set out with fantastic views over the beach and down to the pool area. We had our family Christmas lunch on the verandah and it was plenty big enough for all of us to join in the festivities. The pool area is well set out and the pool is spotless. All the staff are very helpful and when I was having trouble getting the wifi to connect I was given help immediately. Maison is in a great position along the Hastings St beachfront.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Rented a 3 bedroom apartment (number 206) for a week at Christmas and it was fantastic. Having read the reviews I knew this was going to be a nice property, but we were still very pleasantly surprised. Apartment was extremely clean, well equipped and maintained. Reception staff were fantastically welcoming and friendly. It's on a perfect location on Hastings Street and at one end of the beach, so you get the lovely liveliness of the streetlife but it goes nicely quiet at night. Pool area was lovely and well maintained and BBQ facility was really useful. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

To be balanced I would like to say the location was excellent, the resort is on Hastings St opposite the beach with great views and the reception staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in penthouse 309 which was probably the best unit of them all. At over $500 a night I expect a good experience and quality which on this occasion was well below par for the price. The bed was broken and squeaked like all buggery you just had to roll over in the middle of the night, so I felt sorry for apt 209 who got nothing but banging from us when we were in the mood. I checked under the bed and a wheel was missing, in addition to the wheel and the noise the bed made it was extremely uncomfortable and so were the pillows I woke up with a neck and lower back ache every day and we're only 27 and 36, not exactly the ache and pain type. What also made for a lousy night sleep was the fan above the bed squeaking, it's in need if some WD40. If the bed had provided me with comfort and a good night sleep I probably wouldn't complain but after 6 nights of discomfort I'm going to town. Secondly the hotel only does a half service of the room and for over $500 per night I want a full service, there was also no 'do not disturb' sign in the room which was inconvenient because I didn't want hotel service walking into the room when I wasn't there or when we were making the bed squeak. Then there was the free wifi, as a business owner who needed to work whilst away the allure of free wifi was a winner upon booking but it wasn't really free and I just ended up using my iPhone hot spot. Also the hotel was very noisy overall, there was noise from Hastings St. and I accept that but I could hear the people next to us and below us moving about and we were on the top floor, it would have been terrible to have someone above us. Overall the build and design quality of the hotel was pretty poor. Finally the roof top balcony offered to only the two penthouses isn't private in fairness the website does show it to be exactly what it is but I may as we'll have been chatting to the family stay next to us because the balcony offers no privacy. If you were booking the penthouse for the roof top balcony it's not worth it. As I wrote on the feedback form to the hotel, next time I stay in Noosa I will return to the Netanya down the road, they were excellent service and quality, not as noisy because they're on a quieter end of the street and their rooftop balcony has a private spa.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravellingYogis
Australiahome, Manager at Maison Noosa - Luxury Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I have thought long and hard about replying to this review for the many reasons. Most of all I dislike being so negative, but feel our high standard and reputation have been unjustifiably damaged by these guests and therefore I need to set the record straight on a number of points. I am sorry to write such a long response but I feel it is justified on this occasion.

On a positive note, I want to thank this guest for their compliments to the staff. I only wish they had of been more honest &communicative whilst staying with us.

I must say that at no point during their stay did they come to speak with myself or any my staff about ANY of the issues raised on the comment sheet that they left in the apartment on departure or in this review. There were ample opportunities during their stay to TELL US. I had several conversations with them during their stay and at no point did they shed any light on what was a concern to them relating to the overlooked maintenance issues in the apartment.

The guest mentioned in their review comments that we “were friendly and helpful”. Why would you not use that to your advantage? It’s a real shame because if they had of done so we would have immediately actioned a repair to the maintenance issues that seemed to have affected their bedroom activities. For the record, the unit below did not complain about any noise from the bedroom above, so perhaps that sort of ‘action’ was a little embellished for the purpose of the review. However the guests next door had complained about the door being slammed at 5.00am in the morning when these guests went for a walk each day.

The comments relating to Wifi are untrue. Our Wifi is totally FREE 24/7 for every guest with no limits. Perhaps it was a user error that prevented them from working out how to use it. Again, they should have contacted us so that we could talk them through it or show them how to set it up.

We offer alternative pillows if guests have the “the three bears’ scenario of ‘too hard’ or ‘too soft’ so we can get it ‘just right’! All you need to do is contact us at reception. It’s not that hard!

Instead of having us fix the things that they felt so compelled to write about, they chose to tolerate it and then complete their comment sheet on departure with the final line of “Don’t bother calling, you can read the review on trip advisor”. That’s pretty useless to them, BUT now turns out to be extremely defamatory & damaging to our business.

These people are an example of how strange and difficult guests can misuse, abuse and potentially damage businesses on Trip Advisor. The more obvious step would have been to allow a fair course of action by the management and staff to resolve the issues whilst they were in-house.

Unfortunately there are times such as these in our business where we see evidence of life not affording people all the necessary skills to deal with everyday situations. Thankfully it is quite rare.

I am sure if they had minor flaws in their business of not being able to achieve the advertised aim of “seeking to improve my body, calm my mind and experience greater peace and well being” they would want a ‘face to face’ meeting to try to meet that claim for me. No such opportunity was afforded us. Instead they hold a loaded gun to our business and walk away trying to feel 'holistic' about pulling the trigger.

Although they told me not to call them on their in-room comment sheet, I felt compelled to make contact to address their concerns. I emailed them on their checkout day the following email. I had no reply from them. Instead they chose to write this review rather than respond to my email by phone or email me a reply, very disappointing.

To give balance to the experience, here is my email sent to the guest on their check out day:

“On a positive note I would like to thank you for complementing our staff. We try to be as approachable and friendly as possible so that guests can feel comfortable contacting us if they need anything to improve their stay or to report any issues that need maintenance. Our recent Trip Advisor review is evidence of that, in fact the last review was from the guest that stayed before you in your apartment.

Sadly most of the negatives you mentioned in your comment sheet were things that we managed to fix after you brought them to our attention and before the next guest arrived. We only wish you had of reported them to us whilst you were here so we could have made your holiday experience better. We do our best to make sure all is in working order prior to your arrival. Unfortunately some things can get overlooked. Our motto is if something is brought to our attention we should do all we can to fix it within a reasonable time.

The bed castor has been fixed today that was causing the bed issue you mentioned. Not so obvious as we don’t sleep on the bed and the valance was covering it.

The fan over the bed and the living room have been attended to by an electrician and fixed today.

A call to reception to advise that you did not want a daily service or that you preferred a particular time would have stopped housekeeping disturbing you.

7 night stays receive a mid-stay clean including a full linen change, vac mop and freshening of the bathroom. We do explain that in the confirmation letter to you, at check in and on the arrival letter in your apartment what we do daily. Many resorts/apartments do not offer any housekeeping.

We don’t have “Do not disturb” signs for a couple of reasons. We did trial it but found that they blew off in the open corridors or children moved them from door to door and services got missed. I have today changed the welcome letter to read “IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE DISTURBED BY HOUSEKEEPING, PLEASE CONTACT RECEPTION TO CANCEL YOUR DAILYS.” Your comments had us brainstorming in the office on how to overcome the logistics we had to not having a sign. We thank you for your comments to further improve our service to guests. In any case a call to us during your stay to perform the dailys at a better time would have been the solution to your dissatisfaction of the timing of the service.

Unfortunately the issues mentioned that we can’t change are, babies and children staying in the resort. Of course at this time of the year the resort is full of families. I can’t apologise for that. I think every resort in Noosa would have baby or children noise issues, even Netanya. Noosa is 100% full at this time of year and therefore you would be hard pressed to get peace and quiet at any resort. Low or mid season here is a quieter time.

The partitioning on the roof decks is a structural decision by the Body Corporate. Your comments will be passed on to them but I can’t say there would be any changes to it in the near future, although the owner of your apartment is looking to do a full renovate this year.

In summary, we are very upset that your closing comment was a threat to write a review on Trip Advisor rather than contact us during your stay so as to give us opportunity to rectify the things we could have to make your stay more pleasant. That’s not the way we expect to have opportunity to put things right.

(Name withheld) seemed to indicate to me yesterday that you did have a nice time. I am sorry he wasn’t more honest with me.

We trust after my email you will reconsider your closing comment. We are sorry that we weren’t able to fully meet your expectations and would love you to give us another opportunity to prove how well we do things here.”

In summary, I have to say, WE LOVE our resort, we love our job and we our guests. I am satisfied as the manager of this beautiful property that 99.9% of Trip Advisor reviews give you a very clear indication of how well we meet guest’s expectations. To be fair we don’t get it right all the time but given the opportunity, we fix what we can to meet guests expectations when they are brought to our attention.

I am now going to be very positive and not focus any more negative energy on this review.

Resort Manager
Simone Wetherell
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Christmas. Girls in reception very friendly and efficient on check in. Apartments clean and modern with everything you need. Underground parking. Right on the beach so a quick walk and you can be in the surf in a minute. Kitchen are stocked enough to prepare breakfast or a simple meal. The BBQ near the pool was spotlessly clean. Washing machines make it easy to freshen up beach towels etc. Even when we had a minor issue in the apartment (dishwasher tripping the electricity) the girls had an electrician in within 24 hrs to fix.
Would definitely recommend!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Friends and I recently stayed in a three bedroom apartment at Maison Noosa for two nights, and found it well appointed, spacious and comfortable. The location on Hastings Street was fantastic, as we were only there for a short time it was great to not have to spend any time driving anywhere, with the main street on one side, and the beach on the other. The pool was lovely too. The staff were kind enough to extend our check out time by quite a few hours so we could continue to use the apartment until we departed after lunch, which we really appreciated. A friend is already planning to stay again with her sisters, and I can see it would be ideal for families too. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Maison Noosa or to stay there again.

Room Tip: Apt 106 is really nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had 5 fabulous days at Maison....perfect accommodation, apartment beautifully appointed and staff extremely helpful. great to be on the beach but away from main hustle , close enough to hastings street without the noise. We will definately return to Maison.

Room Tip: we didnt have kids so stayed on middle level
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa F
melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

we stayed at mason for the second time. great one bedroom apartment with fab view to beach. There was enough kitchen equipment to make our own breakfast and lunch. Close to everything in hastings st. cleaners came in daily so always plenty of fresh towels available. beware if you have beach/ pool view room it does sometimes get noisy if kids are in the pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple