“Expensive 3 star!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Port Hedland
Broome
“Expensive 3 star!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed for only two days for work, rooms seem to have perhaps have had a bit of a makeover. Bed was comfy, large TV, good bathroom. Found the service to be good, friendly kiwi lady on reception. Restaurant was better than expected and not as expensive as what yo might expect in Hedland. Place is usually full of fly in/out workers. Happy to recommend in an expensive town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were boked into here just before we moved to Port Hedland. At the time we thought the room was revolting, outdated, dirty, smelt funny and was generally pretty awful. the restaurant was even worse. we went down to the local woolworths and cooked our own food on the BBQ by the pool (you have to ask for plates, cutlery etc.. and they are not very pleasant about it but they will give it you). Since moving to Port hedland we have realised that this is 'par for the course" and a generally accepted standard for everything in Port Hedland. We now refuse to eat out at any restaurant and apologise to anyone before they arrive if we have to put them up in the local accommodation places. Best thing to do is completely avoid Port Hedland altogether if you can. the service is shocking, quality of anything extremely poor and prices absolutely ridiculous - because they can get away with it and still earn millions simply because there is no other choice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rockangel007

Travelers are raving about these Port Hedland hotels

Perth Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2011

After reading reviews on this hotel I noticed another similar breach of security with this hotel to the one we have just experienced . There are not many reviews so although the other was in was in November 07 it came up on the same page as the others. Last week I booked one of our staff into this hotel. He was given a room and was just unpacking when he noticed another bag in the room and someone else was already checked in. He called reception and asked them to remove the bag and was told he had been put in someone elses room and could he go back down and get the correct key. (What a cheek) He began to repack and told them to bring the key upstairs to him. Although they moved him to another room and aplogised this should not happen. What if that was your stuff in that room and someone went through it. Imagine if something was taken and you are trying to prove it had gone. This hotel need to smarten its act up. I have written this comment as Im not sure how serious a matter the hotel treated this and I would not recommend it in light of this breach of security. Who knows how many more times it has happened and people did not know or did not complain. I bet the person who was already checked into the room did not know our staff member had also been in there

Room Tip: stay somewhere else if you have a choice
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sonandsal
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have stayed here seveveral times over the last few years, only for work trips.This place is certainly showing its age but everthing works.Rooms are spacious ,very clean and good range of TV channells.
The highlight of my lastest stay (Oct 11) would have to be the food. The Pork Cutlet was excellent ,Chiken and mushroom risotto full of flavour, cant really fault anything off the menu.
Two cons, if you would like to dine in the restuarant book real early or you will miss out, obviously an indicator of how good their food is.The other is room price, for the Pilbara it is above average cost for class but service and food could almost make up for this

Room Tip: Book well in advance if you want choice of rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pirate63
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The Hospitality Inn was sufficient for my one night stay. Rooms were clean and quiet, staff were nice and pool was clean.

I probably wouldn't have been allowed admittance to the restaurant as all I had with me were thongs and workboots.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Sheets clean
Abundance of clean towels
2 free bottles of water
2 free movie channels
View of the beach from the window
Staff are friendly.

Cons:
I felt dirtier walking out of the shower than I did walking into it
The water has a funny smell to it
My window with a view was do dirty that I actually thought it was hazy outside
The kettle was filthy both inside and out
It is so out dated that it seriously needs re doing
The aircon sounded like a plane taking off in the room

I had to stay here for business and I really won't stay here again. But it concerns me that if this is rated at number 1 in port headland I hate to think what number 2 looks like.
For $205 a night I expect a bit more.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Lubelu2
Reviewed August 21, 2011

A warm welcome at reception .... Room was clean but worn out ...
Welcome at restaurant was shocking. I was told I had to change my footwear, thongs were not acceptable. On my return I was shocked to see at least 50% of other diners had thongs on ... Maybe they were locals ??!!!
$250/night for this is ridiculous!!! Won't be returning to Pt Hedland

Discovery Parks – Port Hedland
The Lodge Motel
The Lodge Motel
#1 of 3 in South Hedland

Been to Hospitality Inn Port Hedland? Share your experiences!