“Top Place to Eat and Stay”
Review of Restaurant 1904

Restaurant 1904
Reserve with
Restaurant 1904 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Port Hedland
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a very popular location for both guests and locals to dine. The restaurant has a wide variety of beers and wines to select from as well as a menu for all tastes and budgets.
Port Hedland, Australia
“Top Place to Eat and Stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food is great , good service and staff are friendly. The dinning room is nice and you are in a part of Port Hedland History. The accommodation is nice and clean and it is what you would expect in the City. Doing Business this is a great place to accommodate your Meetings. Function rooms are good have everything you would need for Meetings and presentations. Great place.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank KathAustralia62

South Hedland
“Special 32nd Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We celebrated out 32nd anniversary on 27 February. My husband wanted to make this a very special occasion for me.

My favourites are Dom Perignon Champagne and caviar. My husband went to the hotel to enquire with the restaurant to see if they served these. They did not and he requested if he might bring them along. They advised him that this was not permitted.

This aside, he made a reservation at reception for dinner on our anniversary. He saw the receptionist write down the booking.

On a happier note, he arranged for a lovely table to be set with Dom Perignon Champagne and caviar hors d'oeuvres to be served at a local beach where we watched the sunset. I married the best man ever!

After a wonderful time at the beach we went to the restaurant only to find that they did not seem to have a reservation. No problem. They invited us to have a drink while they arranged a table for us.

After a short time, we were escorted to our table where we continued to enjoy the drink that we ordered. We were greeted by a lovely waitress who took our order almost immediately.

After one hour since we sat at our table, I took a bathroom break. On the way I met a waitress who advised that our entree would be delivered to our table soon. I replied that we had not ordered an entree (given that we had had an entree at the beach), however, we had ordered our main course one hour ago.

While I was away, a waitress advised my husband that our meal order had not been passed on to the kitchen, and even more that the meal ordered by my husband was not available. He re-ordered.

Another hour passed and our main courses were delivered to our table. Sadly, they were cold and not very nice. Needless to say, we did not eat them!

The Manager offered to discount our meals by 50%. This was not acceptable to us and we ended up paying only for our drinks.

We went to this restaurant because we had only heard great revues. It must have been a bad night, however, for us it was a bit of a damper on the special evening that my husband had planned.

We are not inclined to visit again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Russells_Holidays
“Not worth it for the price”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The food is okay but the service is slow and it's fairly overpriced. Look elsewhere in Hedland. Pilbara Room or Silver Star have my vote.

1 Thank sandyhale86
“last minute”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great Service, excellent food. Some portions bigger than others. between about $35 per person. 2 rooms, out door and indoors which each seat more than 40 people.

Visited February 2014
“WORSE BAR STAFF EVER!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Went here with my Fiance and had the worse experience ever, I went to the bar for a bottle of wine and stood at the bar for 30 minutes before I got served, there was 4 bar staff behind the bar and not one of them would ask "if I have been helped", they just ignored me, the guy next to me was waiting for a martini over 30 minutes, bar staff are not quick enough with very little experience, oh forgot to mention they ran out of martini glasses and ice just not good enough, i bring it down to bad communication and management.

• Visited February 2014