“Now those are dunes!”

Pemberton Discovery Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Half-Day Pemberton National Parks Beach and...
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Pemberton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pemberton Discovery Tours offers environmentally sensitive tours into the magnificent national parks surrounding Pemberton in Australia's South West.The tours travel through the Warren and D'Entrecasteaux national parks and take in the wonders such as old growth Karri forest, landlocked Yeagarup Dunes and the Warren River as it weaves it's way to the coast.Small group sizes ensure our visitors are guided through the local flora, fauna and national landscapes showcased on the tours. Wildflowers in season are a favourite for all ages.Operating from Pemberton, these tours are nationally recognised as being a highlight to the South West corner of Australia. We also operate the Southern Forest Food and Wine Tours - these tours are perfect for groups and do need to be booked in advance so make sure you call ahead!
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My 13 yr old son and I had an excellent afternoon exploring the forest, river, dunes and beach with the operator Graham who was entertaining, friendly, knowledgeable and skilled.
The tour was fully booked but there was plenty of space, attention, time and tea for all.
Unless you are a skilled 4-wheel driver, there is no way to visit the dunes apart from a long, hot and hard trek. The dunes are stunning; immense! The climb to the very top is hard work in soft sand but hugely rewarding, and the sliding, rolling or just falling back down is great fun for all ages.
The afternoon tea provided was most welcome, with delicious homemade date cake and fresh coffee.
This is a high quality, professional, family-run outfit selling a polished product in an environmentally sound and caring manner. I recommend them highly.
Thanks Graham.

"provided great"
"excellent guide"
"anzac biscuits"
in 2 reviews
"happy to answer any questions"
"ideal weather"

Reviewed January 30, 2013

What a morning we have just had - an absolutely AMAZING tour with Graham. The forest, the beach and the river. Excitement for all ages, first hand knowledge on flora, fauna, local history, geography, geology, you name it! Our 9 year old son will remember this tour forever. Thrills on the sand dunes and a breathtaking finale on the beach. Felt in safe hands all the way! Thank you Pemberton Discovery Tours for exceptional value and great company! Wishing you and your family all the very best for the future. We will return to Scotland with very fond memories of this day. We are happy, happy, happy people today!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Suitable for every age group. Wholesome family adventure. Went beyond what is expected, by recorded the tour with a go.pro and sent it to us as we forgotten our camera!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The first time I followed this tour was with my family including my very old grandmother. The second time I went was with my friend, the husband and their 4 year old boy. The first one I went, we took a mini bus-like 4WD and it was in the morning. We learn a lot about nature in Pemberton via the guide. The guide was really friendly, informative and a funny guy. I was amazed to see the thick forest and when you go further, you will stumble upon a lake and then sand dune...and finally the sea! The sea itself, you will get to see the point where the river meets the sea and how both water do not mix. If you follow the tour in the morning, lunch will be provided. The second time I went, it was in the afternoon so afternoon tea was provided. It was more private as there were just us. Since, the tour ended nearly in the evening (winter time) we get to see more wild kangaroos while we were walking and we get to see wild family of emus. I love this tour and will recommend it to anyone.