“Done it twice, will do it again.....”

Pemberton Discovery Tours
Half-Day Pemberton National Parks Beach and Forest Eco Adventure
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Pemberton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pemberton Discovery Tours offers environmentally sensitive tours into the magnificent national parks surrounding Pemberton in Australia's South West.The tours travel through the Warren and D'Entrecasteaux national parks and take in the wonders such as old growth Karri forest, landlocked Yeagarup Dunes and the Warren River as it weaves it's way to the coast.Small group sizes ensure our visitors are guided through the local flora, fauna and national landscapes showcased on the tours. Wildflowers in season are a favourite for all ages.Operating from Pemberton, these tours are nationally recognised as being a highlight to the South West corner of Australia. We also operate the Southern Forest Food and Wine Tours - these tours are perfect for groups and do need to be booked in advance so make sure you call ahead!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The first time I followed this tour was with my family including my very old grandmother. The second time I went was with my friend, the husband and their 4 year old boy. The first one I went, we took a mini bus-like 4WD and it was in the morning. We learn a lot about nature in Pemberton via the guide. The guide was really friendly, informative and a funny guy. I was amazed to see the thick forest and when you go further, you will stumble upon a lake and then sand dune...and finally the sea! The sea itself, you will get to see the point where the river meets the sea and how both water do not mix. If you follow the tour in the morning, lunch will be provided. The second time I went, it was in the afternoon so afternoon tea was provided. It was more private as there were just us. Since, the tour ended nearly in the evening (winter time) we get to see more wild kangaroos while we were walking and we get to see wild family of emus. I love this tour and will recommend it to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Pemberton Discovery Tours

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We loved our afternoon trip out with Graeme, it was something special & would never have got to experience 3 very different landscapes without this trip, the Eco Tour. A drive through the forests, then onto the sand dunes & finally the beach. We recommend this trip without hesitation & would do it again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have had the pleasure to join Graeme on his afternoon Beach & Forrest Eco Tour. What a great day I had! Graeme is a great guide, very friendly and he gave us all a lot of insight knowledge about the surroundings. The tour itself has everything you want to see when in Pemberton. You start of in Pemberton and drive through the Warren National Park and see the tall Karri trees there, then you make your way to the sand dunes with a small stop at Yeagarup lake. If you can, you make your way up to the top of one of the dunes and you find yourself amazed by the view! I personally thought this was the highlight of our tour. We continued our 4WD tour along the stunning beach, had afternoon tea (WITH HOMEMADE COOKIES AND BREAD - YUMMY) and drove back to Pemberton.
When I booked the tour I didn't really know what I got myself into as it was a last minute decision but I don't regret it and recommend it to every visitor who comes to Pemberton. As a backpacker with a YHA Card, you even get $10 discount. It is a great way to see the things you would only see when you're local or you know someone who is! Well done guys! Keep up the great work! I had a great time and got great value for money! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We joined Graeme in his large customised 4WD for their Beach and Forrest Eco Adventure in January 2013. Graeme was very pleasant and easy to talk to, providing great commentary as we set off into the tall trees of Pemberton. Our tour group was mixed, including a family with small kids and two couples including a guest in a wheelchair who seemed to really enjoy the trip. If you have ever wanted to go four wheel driving but shied away for fear of getting marooned on a beach, this is the trip for you! Graeme was clearly an expert at his craft and we felt very secure in his care. The outing included several opportunities to hop out and enjoy the views, or to go for a walk, and the afternoon tea provided by Toni was scrumptious.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We took trip with our 4 and 5 yr old and it was fantastic exciting relaxed bumpy anj accommodating, the stops were just right and the sand dunes wonderfully, we ended up on a great beach which had the best views ever , lunch was just right the tour guide Peter a lovely guy , I'd recommend this totally no complaints just great
Gill from perth