“Head for heights?”

Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree
Ranked #3 of 32 things to do in Pemberton
More attraction details
Owner description: A staircase encircles this 230-foot karri tree that allows visitors to climb to the top.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

An experience unique to the area, the views from the top are breathtaking. It's an energetic climb but well worth the effort. This is the best of the climbing trees.

There are newer reviews for Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Climbing up the tallest tree to its 68m high lookout is exciting. The views across the tree canopy are great and on good days you can see the oceans!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Wonderful tree to climb and the view of the National Park from the top is magnificent. Nice surroundings and shaded picnic tables!

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I did it only till the half because I was shivering. I climb sometimes but the idea of not having any safety was scaring the **** out of me. I read the review of the guys going up when it was rainy... I don't know under what kind of drugs you can dare something similar but i would definately use them if it's rainy.
I find it dangerous but it is awesome. I wish I went till the top because my father is making fun of me all the time. But man... That was scary... Just some metal bars every 40 cm it's not the definition of safe.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Love the fact that the Bicentennial tree is not as busy as Gloucester tree. Climb to the top if you dare!! I have done it and it is very satisfying with the rewards of being on top of the world.