“Great break in excellent accomodation”

Rainbow Trail Chalets
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights in November 2012 while visiting family in and around Pemberton and really enjoyed our time at Rainbow Trail. Our chalet was modern, clean and spacious. The owners were welcoming. We particularly enjoyed BBQs on the balcony and watching dozens of kangaroos and their joeys in the surrounding paddocks. We'll definitely go back when next in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swiss6
Rainbowtrailchalets, Owner at Rainbow Trail Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hi and thanks for your great review. Since you both stayed in November we have added Nespresso Coffee Machines into all chalets and new BBQ's in two so far (still waiting for Steve to put the other two together). We seem to now have quite a big family of kangaroos getting more and more confident and coming up really close to the balconies, the birds have definitely befriended our chalets, hence we have also put new outdoor settings in as they decided to use the wicker chairs for nesting material and dishwashers are coming soon.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at chalet number 2. Gorgeous spacious apartment with great air conditioning in the kitchen/dining area that also cooled our bedroom very well. Very large bathroom with a spa bath with great views and also a separate shower. Perfect location, quiet but close enough to the town it only takes about 2 mins by car. We are with Telstra next G and our phones and iPad worked well there. No washing machine, which was a bit of a shame but there is a laundromat in the town. No dishwasher, but that didn't bother us. Steve was nice, ( didn't meet Katrina) he gave us a good map and told us the sights to see.
Good central location to use as a base to travel around this south west corner of WA. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Melmacca
Rainbowtrailchalets, Owner at Rainbow Trail Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Wow, thanks for your great review and yes, Steve's not too bad I guess (Im trying to keep his ego in check after all the nice comments he gets) and sorry I didn't get to meet you. We try to act on all constructive feeback we get and the dishwasher one has come up quite a bit. Based on guest reviews we just placed new Nespresso Coffee Machines into all the chalets (sorry probably just after you left) and are now looking at the dishwasher option. We do have to consider the water issue as we are not on town scheme water (tank water) and are concerned about too much water being used as the spas already tax our supplies,but it is definitely something we are looking into. But thanks again for the time you took to place a review, Steve and I really appreciateit.

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Ill keep it nice and short.
Staying here now for Xmas long break so 5d/4n.
Absolutely wonderful owners. Steve and Kat were both very accommodating and went through some personal recommendation on what to do and where to eat.

I being to Pemb many times but first time at Rainbow trail chalet. Would I stay here again? Definitely a yes.
We stayed at Chalet 3 and we found it very clean and well kept. The spa was a bonus to us. Love the kangaroos and native animals foraging outside the chalets. Definitely need to take the walk way track as recommended by other reviewers.
Any improvement suggestions to make it even better? These type of chalets are well suited to have a mini library or a few books in the chalets. It's common practice to keep a few around as its such a nice quiet place to grab a book :) but ill know next time.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank travellerAddiction
Rainbowtrailchalets, Owner at Rainbow Trail Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Hi and thanks for your great review. Yes I agree, a library is a great idea. Whilst the weather was too hot to go outside and do anything, I rearranged my book shelf in the reception area to make it more user friendly (otherwise organised). I have already had quite a few guests previously borrow books but I think that I need to make it more obvious and advertise it in my welcome letter in the chalets. So great idea and thanks for the kick up the butt. I have heaps of good books; it's time to share them I think.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed for three nights whilst on holiday from the UK. The chalets are very good, although there is no dishwasher or other mod-cons, this is more than made up for by the position, just off of the Rainbow Trail just outside of Pemberton.
When we arrived we received a warm welcome (including from Gypsy the dog), and were given some great tips on what to see locally.
The chalets are relatively private, 4 chalets in all, with a reasonable space between them. they are situated on the side of a hill with plenty of local wildlife around, including the kangaroos with joeys in the evening and the various birds throughout the day.
The bedroom was fairly large, with plenty of space for all of our luggage (3 weeks worth); the bed was comfortable and gave us three good nights sleep.
The bathroom was delightful, with a lovely, large spa bath and a very good shower - plenty of space too.
We found the chalet a little bit chilly in the morning, but once we turned the fire on, even on it's lowest setting, it soon warmed up.
The lounge has a TV and DVD player, with a small selection of DVDs to watch and a lovely comfy sofa.
Overall this was a great place to stay and we would choose Rainbow Trail Chalets again if we return to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in chalet 4 which was probably the most private, I imagine chalet 2 has the best views and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rainbowtrailchalets, Owner at Rainbow Trail Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to put in a review about your stay here with us, Steve and I really appreciate it. Yes I agree, a dishwasher would be great but its a bit tricky when we are not on town scheme water (rain and spring water), the spas in each chalet stretch our water tanks as it is. To try and keep our chalets a bit modern we have recently put new flat screen LCD TV's and IPOD/MP3 docking stations in each chalet in addition to other facilities such as heated towel rails, microwave, electric blankets and dvd players. I have other ideas for the future but Steve has taken my licence to spend away at the moment and banned me from buying anymore things for the chalets (we'll see how long that lasts). Thanks again and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to take a long weekend down to Pemberton but were really conflicted about where to stay. We ended up deciding on the chalets and it was the best decision we have ever made! I have worked in the hotel industry and know quite a lot of the marketing tricks used to sell rooms and I can honestly say that the photos on the website does not give them enough justice! We had an amazing time and it is run by one of the most loveliest families I have met. They were more than happy to make time to help us and even introduce us to cheddar the pet cow and gypsy the fun loving dog who we wanted to take back with us! It is located up the road from the Main Street and close by to many wineries which was great. We are already planning to go back next year!

It was an amazing trip and I cant imagine us staying anywhere else in Pemberton.

• Stayed: August 2012
Rainbowtrailchalets, Owner at Rainbow Trail Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Yes, Cheddar, my big meat head gorgeous boy of a half bull. He is adorable isn't he and loves a scratch. I love showing off all my animals to anyone who wants to meet them, it's the best part of having holiday accommodation.

Thanks for the great things you wrote, see you again in the future sometime.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent 1 night at the Rainbow Trail Chalets. Our chalet (#1) is very clean, comfortable, luxury and relaxing. The bed is very comfortable and the chalet have everything that you need. The living room also very well prepared, even they put some DVD movies for us to enjoyed. The Rainbow Trail just 2 minutes driving to the town to get a dinner or any food that you need. The hosts are very friendly. The only regret is we stay only for 1 night, next time must be back and stay longer.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi Kosim

Yes I agree, one night isn't enough time in Pemberton. There is so many beautiful bush walks and wineries to go to and most importantly fitting in the 'me time' on the balcony with a cheese platter and glass of wine (that's my favourite bit).

It was nice to meet you both, hope to see you again some time in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 night at RainbowTrail Chalets for our 25th wedding aniversary.
It would have to be the most romantic places to stay in the whole of WA. There are only 4 chalets which makes it even more private. Inside, the chalets are very tastfully decorated and spotlessly clean. Everything you need is there, gas heater and warm doona make for a very comfortable stay. You sit in the spa which is in the bathroom, it has 2 very large windows with blinds so that you can look at the stunning views of the valley.The valley is lush green enormeous hills lined with giant trees that all meet in the middle to form a brook. We stayed in chalets no.4 . When you are in the lounge and on the balcony you can't see the other chalets, which makes it feel like it's just you and the views. Simply beautiful. It is the kind of place that you really could forget the world. That's how stunning those views are. So if you are looking for a very romantic place to spend time together,then this is it. The owners are very friendly and so is their pet dog but you still have complete privacy. Will recommend this place to all my friends and to anyone who is looking for the perfect winter getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Noeleen

I think Gypsy seems to be the star of our chalets, we have trained her well to meet and greet all our guests on arrival and departure, usually with some resemblence of a stick in her mouth.

Thanks for your really nice review.