“Gourmet Breakfast and Great Burgers”
Review of Millhouse Cafe - CLOSED

Millhouse Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We arrived in Pemberton at 7.30am on a Wednesday (from Bunbury) and expected to be able to get some breakfast from the bakery and were surprised to find it closed (don't bakeries usually open early?). The only place open was Millhouse Cafe, and luckily for us we had a very nice meal.
Rather than the breakfast menu, which has some lovely gourmet options, we chose to have the 'Millhouse Burger' ($10) which was delicious, a big thick tasty burger patty with salad and a very fresh bread roll. Hubby chose to add bacon, egg and cheese. Our drink of choice was a chocolate milkshake which was icy cold and did not disappoint.
Although it is a bit expensive, this is to be expected in country WA, but the atmosphere and modern menu makes up for this.
There is some impressive art work to brouse for sale, plenty of travel brochures, magazines and books to keep you occupied until your meal arrives and lounge seating, but we only had to wait about 10 minutes, and I found myself still engrosed with all there was to see and read when our meals arrived.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, I wasn't sure if we could order a burger for breakfast, and when I asked if this was possible, the answer was 'of course!' - this is typical country WA hospitality.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Long wait nice place took an hour had semi cooked prawns not great, maybe an off day but I can't truly recommend it shame becase the town is wonderfull

2  Thank Gillthecat
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a coffee @ 7am. Millhouse opened at 7.30am however the door was open and the Lady was outside having her cup of tea. She couldn't have been more helpful. No probs that it was 7am & and coffee was great - hot and not burnt! Great start to the day !

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, ill get the bad point out of the way. If you're a coffee drinker, you shall be disappointed. Both our coffees were burnt.

Next, our food - Tasting plate $100 and wedges.
Deeeeelicious! Do I think it's value for money? Yes before I found out how much a live Marron cost at forest fresh Marron :( then I realised how much they've marked up the price for a salad!!
Anyway, taste wise it was very nice. Definitely enough for 2 adults. Wedges were very nice too.

Would we come back? Probably not as we've fallen in love with the local cafe down the road (Holy Smoke).

1  Thank travellerAddiction
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We were looking to stop for a short break on our way to Denmark when we discovered this cafe. I had the steak burger and my wife had the pork belly. The pork belly melts in your mouth and the steak was juicy and succulent. Highly recommended if you are in the area.