“Hmm could do better”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Perth
“Hmm could do better”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Long wait nice place took an hour had semi cooked prawns not great, maybe an off day but I can't truly recommend it shame becase the town is wonderfull

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Gillthecat

Bunbury, Australia
“Leaves you with a great feeling about Pemberton”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a coffee @ 7am. Millhouse opened at 7.30am however the door was open and the Lady was outside having her cup of tea. She couldn't have been more helpful. No probs that it was 7am & and coffee was great - hot and not burnt! Great start to the day !

Perth, Australia
“Nice touch to be found”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, ill get the bad point out of the way. If you're a coffee drinker, you shall be disappointed. Both our coffees were burnt.

Next, our food - Tasting plate $100 and wedges.
Deeeeelicious! Do I think it's value for money? Yes before I found out how much a live Marron cost at forest fresh Marron :( then I realised how much they've marked up the price for a salad!!
Anyway, taste wise it was very nice. Definitely enough for 2 adults. Wedges were very nice too.

Would we come back? Probably not as we've fallen in love with the local cafe down the road (Holy Smoke).

1 Thank travellerAddiction
“Accidental discovery and a great pits stop”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We were looking to stop for a short break on our way to Denmark when we discovered this cafe. I had the steak burger and my wife had the pork belly. The pork belly melts in your mouth and the steak was juicy and succulent. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Perth, Australia
“Best of the rest”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been asked to nominate the best place I have eaten. I nominate Pemberton Millhouse Cafe of all places. I was so surprised at the absolute quality of the dishes presented to myself and my partner on the day for lunch. The Pork Belly is still memorable and I can still taste it today. That is saying alot in my veiw. What was the greatest surprise was that it was just a cafe and the prices were under $20 for lunch for each. My partners lunch was also just as good as mine. It blew me away.
However this was a one off and I recommend caution. One of the greatest flaws in tourism and food gastronomy in Australia is that of consistent quality of both service and taste. I can only comment on the food on the day as a vignette of what can be achieved by the right people with the right cutomer philosophy on the day. I hope that when I revisit this establishment my comments have been worthy of the establishment and others who have read my recommendation.

• Visited January 2012