“Lost in the middle of the forest of the giant”
Review of Gloucester Tree

Gloucester Tree
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Pemberton
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Gloucester Tree is a one-time-in-a-life experience: climb the 72m of this huge tree (metal spike are hammered into the trunk) to reach the top. Arrived in the top platform, you will enjoy a breathtaking view with a 360 degrees view... Don't miss it !

Oh, and try to don't look down while climbing ;)

2  Thank Un-passant-charme

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Still unclimbed by myself :(...I was here as a fearless 12 year old in 1982 and wanted to scale the daunting heights of the famous tree...but to be told to "get down" by my granddad....so some 32 years later I looked forward to the challenge - the same rungs seem to be there for those many years ago (I am now many kilos heavier so flexing made the climb worse)....and after 42 rungs I decided I was high enough....Failed again!!! I will conquer this tree on day. I have no idea why worksafe haven't closed it down ha ha....but good on all those that make it to the top - I just hope I can enjoy the views you have all seen one day.

1  Thank BennoDeal_Kent
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This natural attraction is a must see at least once in your lifetime.
The tree is unbelievably big....until you stand next to it!

1  Thank wallywolf
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Well worth the visit, even if you have no intention of climbing this magnificent tree. During our visit there were quite a number of people climbing the tree and it seemed with a great deal of safety.
The Gloucester Tree, although so accessible is just one tree of the magnificent forest area of this part of Western Australia. This tree and the whole immediate forest is simply spectacular.

1  Thank Phillip8789
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have climbed the tree on a couple of occasions and enjoy the serenity if you get to do so without anyone else around, so it is worth getting there early in the day. Our children (aged 6 and 8) comfortably climbed the tree and we had few concerns for their safety. If you have a bit of time and fancy a walk, it is a comfortable walk to the tree from the District High School in town. (Walkers don't need to pay the $12 national park entrance fee, so this would be a saving for people on a tight budget). There is a little bit of history to read about the tree and how it got its' name, but the experience of just stopping to look around at the beautiful scenery half way up is just fabulous.