“Fish and Chips but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cicerello's

Cicerello's
Ranked #12 of 180 Restaurants in Mandurah
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“Fish and Chips but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I don't know if its fair to do a review during one of Mandurah's major events, the Crabfest. There were thousands of people at the festival and shops and restaurants were packed as were the many stalls vending everything from curios to food. We decided to play it safe for lunch and chose Cicerellos mainly because it was big and we felt that we had a better chance of being served there.
Obviously there was a queue but this moved quite quickly and the staff seemed to have the production line well under control. We had the standard fish and chips and while this was not bad, it definitely was nothing special. The fish was well cooked and the chips were... well chips!! but there were plenty of them and we each had two decent size pieces of fish. It was served in paper and we were not offered plates or salt for the chips.
The other couple with us went for the calamari and chips and they were very happy with this choice, it was puzzling however that they had their lunch served on plates and cutlery was supplied while we had to use our fingers to eat.
The venue itself is a big double story wooden structure which is quite inviting and is laid out to get the best view of the lagoon.
Looking around I couldn't see any other dishes but fish and chips being served with the odd plate of calamari so I cant comment on content and presentation of other dishes as I didn't see any.
They are licensed an sell the usual bottled beer and wine in a couple of different sizes bottles as well as a variety of soft drinks and bottled water, prices for these seem to be about average.
The setting is great and if you like fish and chips it is worth a visit but don't expect anything special.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JohnandLiz8

Perth
“No thanks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Sorry, but if I wrote a real honest review I could probably be sued. I have tried this place a few times, and every time that I have eaten there I would be better off going up the road to another shop. It might be me, but a lot of people do eat there, not sure if they are regulars or tourists, because thats the category I put this place in to, a tourists fish and chip shop. Great views, but I wish this place was something else so we didn't have to put up with the over powering smell on the board walk. But they must be doing something right, they have been there for years, as well as Freo wharf. Try it, and make up your own mind.

• Visited January 2014
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“fish and chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

its ok but the staff are a bit unfriendly and the chips can be soggy its all about getting you in and out as fast as possible not my choice

Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“Excellent fish and chips in mandurah!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Yummy fish and chips, with awesome environment! And excellent services.
They also provide seafood Crowder which is delicious toooooooo!I love to taste seafood platter for two because I can share with friends and taste different kind of food!:)

“Breakfast noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had breakfast here, not bad, took a while. They were moving furnuture upsatirs and this was extremely noisy. it got to a point where I asked the waitress what was happening, she said they were moving furniture??Would be ok if we didnt have to wait so long in a very noisy restaurant

Visited January 2014