“food and staff”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great service great food great staff go have a meal and try the atmosphere the staff are so attentive the seafood for 1 is to die for

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The menu states they source as much produce locally as possible, I believe this is an insult to Mandurah. My sister & I had lunch there 27/02 & it was truly terrible.
Started with iced coffee which was made with some kind of awful coffee syrup at the bottom.
Shared a pate plate which was very confused. Pate was nice enough but what was with the warm caramalised onions & sort of salsa [no seasoning].The type of bread served was suitable only for dips.
I ordered seafood chowder which was so salty I had to just pick out the very ordinary s/food as I couldn't eat the soup.
My sister had the seafood salad which consisted mostly of mussels [the smallest in the world ?]
the squid & very suspect fish were coated in some black powder stuff which tasted terrible .It would have been obvious to blind freddy that we hadn't enjoyed our meal but I think the staff must be used to taking lots of unfinished meals back to the kitchen. At $78.00 we feel well & truly ripped off.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Only thing I did not like the drinking water on the table was straight from the tap you could taste the chlorine very distinctly but I drank beer as I did not have to drive, food was very good & the service.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Chicken Parmy - My Wife and I went for a lunch meal recently and could already sense the animosity from the manager on arrival, I suspect due to our young age. Despite this we were happy to get started with the Chicken Parmy which arrived with a dead insect in the salad. When we asked for the manager to replace the dish she first insisted she try and remove it from the salad. After a short argument she agreed to replace the meal. Beyond belief the second dish returned with another fly. Disgusted, we left without finishing our meals. The manager insisted that we pay for my wifes half finished meal to which I complied regrettably. We later sent an email expressing our concern only to get a reply informing us that they did not believe we had this experience and did not care. (I suspect that the email respondent was the same lady :(

1  Thank Josh E
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had lunch from the a la carte menu, rigatoni pasta was nothing special, could have been bottled sauce as there was nothing "fresh" about the flavour. Cheescake of the day was tasteless and came on a plate circled by bright yellow artificial banana flavoured syrup. Coffee was sent back as the cup had a crack in it from rim to bottom.
The saving grace for this restaurant is the waitstaff who were really friendly and eficient.