“1st night in Perth what a sour taste”

Atrium Hotel Mandurah
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Receptionist when we checked in was a delight however the rooms extremely dated tv remote didnt work and discovered we had our car broken into over night in their carpark. No fault of the hotel however the on Duty Manager was rude and curt and not helpful when getting a refund for the following evening as we needed secure parking. Very upsetting eexperience

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank foodyboozy

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Spent a couple of nights here a couple of months ago. From what I can remember of this very ordinary stay:
1). We stayed on the fourth floor, and the room was spacious. Would have used the balcony if it hadn't been raining.
2). The indoor gym was very warm when I went in and I couldn't work out how to get the air con to work. So I gave up on the idea.
3). When my husband and I went for dinner at the restaurant the first night, we were warned that there may be a little bit of a wait due to the place having quite a few bookings. We decided that wasn't a problem, and sat down with our menus. We noticed that there was a special on meals the following night, so we booked a table for six pm the following night. The following night, we sat down and had a look at the menu.

The first thing I noticed was that the specials menu hadn't been given to us. I thought "nevermind, the waiting staff probably forgot. I'll ask when someone walks past"..I then spotted the specials board, with this particular night's special written up. It took a while for our order to be taken, and I pointed out the special and asked about it. Got a rather disinterested "nope, not happening until TAFE students come back" from the waitress. No mention anywhere of "this special only runs at certain times", maybe I'm just being picky.

Then we had to stop someone a bit later for our drinks (two cans of soft drink), because they hadn't turned up. It does feel that the restaurant needs more staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TudorRose80
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just love the Attrium and thats why we keep on going back. Tell me where else for this price you would get and indoor and outdoor pool and a tennis court??.. Now I do say the outdoor pool isn't used in winter so they don't clean around there but why would they as that costs money and they would have to put the rates up...The tennis courts are only 1/2 size but boy you have fun in them.
Indoor pool is awsum and there is a spa and sauna. My kids love the 3 bedroom loft appartment and they get to run up and down the stairs. Being able to get a two or three room appartment is brilliant as somewhere else I would have to pay for 2 rooms. No there isn't a huge buffet breaky just a nice amount because there isn't the guests for them to cook 100 different dishes.When the eating venue and bar is closed there is little machines around the hotel so you can eat at all times.Dinner specials are very cheap, there is entertainment and a little gym (very little) Eating venues walking distance about 60 seconds walk actually For value for money I think it is excellent and I will keep going back...If I want perfection pay an extra $300 a night and go to the Burswood(Crown) but with the price the Atrium charges I challenge you to find better thanks JOY Stawarz

Room Tip: There are ordinary rooms with 2 beds like a Queen and a single in the same room. Two or three bedro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed one night at this resort on a Saturday night, due to working on a unit my aging Mum is about to move into in Mandurah and I was to tiered to travel back to Perth
Rate quoted $187 managed to knock this down to $157
Advised the duty manager I would be arriving shortly and as I had been tiling a bathroom I was looking worse for wear, worried about walking through a nice lobby
Arrived and first impressions I was overdressed for this dump
My room was aged old AC which you could not use due to noise level, carpet stained and marked, furniture out of the 80's and badly aged, TV sound crackled, bathroom leaking toilet and cracked tiles in bathroom
I showered and dressed when down to the dining room again not impressed, basic tables and chairs, service poor and menu poor, decided not to eat in dining room went of to Dome Cafe
This hotel could be a great hotel if the owners spent some money and brought it up to standard
I will be travelling to Mandurah often and will seek somewhere else to stay
Must say Ben was good at taken my booking

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel not this dump
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Bill H
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The good - staff at the front desk, daily cleaning of the rooms, the spa, sauna and swimming pool, the location is easy walking distance to Dolphin Quay Markets ( a bit of a non event !), the performing arts centre and all the eateries and cinemas on the boardwalk. Monday night chicken parma ($13) was great value and was nice to eat, also the bbq ribs on the menu.

The bad - in its hey day it must have been good, it is now dated, the wireless internet was terrible even in the so called internet cafe ( a room with a pool table and stained coach), no exhaust fans in the bathrooms and generally the basic and dated building itself. It backs onto the now closed bowling alley and the outside pool was out of commission. Staff at the bar didnt know how to make a lemon lime and bitters or a irish whiskey !!.
Possible a hotel suitable for a couple of days, but there are a lot more nearby that are newer and cheaper! Not sure if I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank millyPerth
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I keep giving this hotel a go but it's horrible I don't think words can describe how bad it really is!!! If u are thinking of staying here don't waste your time or money every time we have stayed there ( cause we had to ) customer service well there wasn't any , food and restaurant was yuk !! Only 1 person was serving ant the same person at the bar and also the same person bringing out the food and their excuse was " we have cut back on staff" well that's not true cause it was the same the year before and they haven't cut back on their prices tho , bar
closed at 8:30Pm u can't order room service cause they won't have time to brim it to u and after waiting 2 hours and then they say u will have to come get it cause they are too busy pffffffft I've just wasted my hard earned money I have never ever known a hotel to be this disgraceful and they tried to charge us a cleaning fee cause beds were not made wtf are they not ment to changed the beds after check out any way dirty scum hotel !!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Laura0987
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Atrium likes to promote itself as a resort. It's more like a motel of last resort.

Perhaps the stench of chlorine from the pool filled with screaming kids, taking up most of the ground level, is what's supposed to qualify the title. Or perhaps the cubbyhole bar or unused pizza oven. Goodness knows.

The splash of paint can neither hide the lazily laid bricks nor the dated seventies architecture, an era seldom noted for great design.

It's all cheap. The tacked on finishings and bargain basement furnishings. The old mismatched glass plates and cups in the rooms or the fanless 'exhaust' system through the bathrooms which spew odd food odours through the day. The noisy old heat and cooling units stuck in the walls or the old fridge that clunks on and off at regulat intervals to keep you awake at night. It's all cheap and depressing.

One good point, the place is kept clean. Perhaps the staff are really helpful and friendly too, just not the very few who spoke to us.

We won't be back.