“OVER PRICED”

Miami Bakehouse Falcon
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Mandurah
Cuisines: Australian
Description: Award winning Miami Bakehouse | Coffee Shop | Mandurah, Melville and Forrest Hwy. Gourmet pies, specialty breads and delicious fresh cream cakes and slices
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Heard this place was really good so had to try it. The food was average, def not one of my top 10, but it was really expensive, I wouldn't go back coz not worth the money. If food was AMAZING I'd be happy to pay.

1  Thank Lmns21

Reviewed December 3, 2012

If your ok with paying $10 per pie, albeit good pies- but still just pies, then go for it, if not then go elsewhere. They do finally have eftpos though atleast.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Every Monday morning one of our staff goes to the Miami Bakehouse in Falcon and gets the office a cake for morning tea. The sponge rolls are amazing, several different flavours and they never get boring. I have never met one I didn't like.
It says something that every week we go to the same bakery.
Sure it may be a bit more expensive but I am tired of being programmed to eat rubbish, I WILL pay more for something that is a quality product.

3  Thank Kolanda
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I just can't find a better pie anywhere. I've tried many different outlets and have yet to find one that compares to the quality found here (more meat, more flavour).
I don't eat a lot of cakes but the vanilla slice from Miami was memorable. I'm sick of seeing glad wrap on cakes at other bakeries because they keep their cakes too long before they are sold.
Coffee was brilliant!

4  Thank Chilli146
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to go out on Sunday for a drive. My wife decided that she would like to have a good old Aussie Pie for lunch.

We have really enjoyed the Miami Bakehouse pies and would always call in to the Mandurah store for a pie on our way to Margaret River and sometimes on the way home too. Since they opened the Melville store we have been about 6 times.

My wife asked for a Pepper Pie, sorry we have none.

My wife asked for a Pastie, sorry we have none.

She then went for a steak and kidney, I had a beef and guinness. Although the pastry on mine was flaky, the base was solid and it could have been a previous days pie.

To make up for her disappointment my wife decided to share an apple turnover with me.

The pastry was undercooked, it was pale and chewwy. It also had a taste of fridge burn. You know the taste of something that has been in the fridge for too long.

Overall it was a major disappointment.

Are they now trying to live on their reputation? Have they become complacent? At the prices they charge for a pie, they need to produce the goods. This time they certainly did not do that.