“relaxing sunday”
Review of Artizan - CLOSED

Artizan
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Stage Door Waterfront Restaurant Alfresco waterfront dining with show-stopping food! It's a combination you'll only find only at The Stage Door Waterfront Restaurant. We invite you to dine at Mandurah's best loved restaurant and see for yourself. We're located at the heart of our water city, on the boardwalk overlooking Mandjar Bay beside The Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience modern Australian cuisine prepared with authentic local produce. On the weekend, start the day the right way by joining us for breakfast and catch the sunrise over our spectacular estuary. Considering an upcoming event or a special celebration? Ask to see our private dining room that can cater for up to 60 guests.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

For lunch we chose the cheese tasting plate - nice selection of cheese, fruit, cured meats for two along with the beetroot salad with smoked salmon, a glass of wine and a beer... I initially ordered a glass of fresita which I was surprised to see on the menu but sadly they had run out. Perfect choice for a Sunday afternoon casual lunch. The service was friendly.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Myself and 2 friends went for X'mas Eve dinner, beautiful meals and dessert were lovely, and the beautiful sunset with the view and good service. Excellent, and the meal were big serve.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went here with a group of friends from work, for colleagues birthday lunch. Walked up to the door and closed sign was up in door, but we saw people dining in there. Opened door to see if they were serving lunch, the guy said yeah that sign keeps blowing over to closed (why not remove it) I thought, as we had nearly walked on..... (Wished we had). Got pointed to a table where we sat & sat & sat. Another group came in were shown to their seats, given menus, asked if they wanted drinks and we were sitting still waiting. Finally I got up and got our menus, we also had to call the girl over to get us a drink order and when I complained about the lack of service and told her I had to get our own menus, no one had taken a drinks order and the table that came in after had already ordered. Her response was "oh well they have only ordered entrees" did you want to order anything. Wanted to say NO!!! but it was friends birthday, food finally came out - nothing very flash. Service got no better, when I paid and left I noticed on my docket she had made a comment - customer in a hurry!!! Not a pleasant experience and will NOT be back!!!!

1  Thank JKZimmer
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked a table for 4 for Melbourne Cup lunch, (3 course meal, with a glass of champagne for $67.50). There weren't many people booked in, so initially we were disappointed. But the staff and the food certainly made up for it. We all received free TAB mystery bets and sweep was also organised. If we didn't win anything, we got a free drink!! Very generous. For my meal I had Thai mussels for starters and would have licked my plate if no one was watching, my main course was grilled whiting, which was also excellent and for dessert I had strawberries and white chocolate. All in all, a great afternoon, would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had dinner here pre-show on Saturday night. The restaurant has one of the best locations in Mandurah with gorgeous water views from every window. Unfortunately it is not managed very well. Despite ordering shortly after 6pm and double checking with the staff that our meals would arrive in time for us to attend a show at MPAC at 7.30 our meals were not served till 7.20! It was busy, but a restaurant situated next to a theatre should be able to cater for that.
We ordered a dozen oysters Kilpatrick but they only brought 6 to the table.
We ordered gin and tonic to be told they couldn't find the gin.
We were told they would be open after the show for coffee and cake...they weren't.
I hope the new management can sort out their staff because the food was good, the location is great and there is definitely a need for somewhere near the theatre for dining.

1  Thank Maggie B