“Will not go again”

Cafe Moka
Ranked #17 of 181 Restaurants in Mandurah
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mandurah, Australia
“Will not go again”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We dropped by Cafe Moka for lunch yesterday. I had read a recent ad in a local paper where they stated that they were Gluten Free specialists, so I thought we would give it a go. It was a little late in the day, so we were almost the only ones there.
No mention of GF on the menu at all, and when I asked about what was available, I was told that they really only did GF sweets (although I could not see any in the dessert case) and they had no alternatives for GF on the menu. The waitress was extreemely annoyed by my enquiry, couldn't really be bothered dealing with it & suggested I order the steak sandwich without the bread - hmmm, yummy!
Most meals were not up to standard. Staff delivered plates between people and across tables. Even though the staff were basically standing around, no-one bothered to come over to the table and make sure everything was going OK, or to see if we would like top ups on our drinks. I know it is a self serve cafe, but since they had NOTHING else to do, I would have thought this would have happened.
We found the whole experience below standard and EXPENSIVE for what we got. Disappointing.
We will not return.

• Visited September 2012

Sydney, Australia
“WOW this is how a cafe should be”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stumbled across Cafe Moka on a recent visit to Mandurah. The staff were lovely and so helpful. The lunch was very nice and came out very quickly. My wife had a chicken pie and a lovely glass of local chardonnay. We would recomend this place to anyone visting Mandurah. We have been back every visit to Perth

• Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic place for breakfast”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After spending the night in Mandurah we stumbled across the beautiful little cafe while looking for somewhere to have breakfast. What a find! Our waitress Cherise was lovely as was the food. The coffee and breakfasts were served quickly and was fantastically presented. Thankyou for the impeccable service.

• Visited August 2012
Hyderabad, India
“Sumptuous breakfast!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The pancakes were simply awesome!! The view of the marina, the early morning air simply added to the experience. The service was quick and commendable especially since Mandurah experienced a storm the previous night.

Visited June 2012
Bunbury, Australia
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This cafe is situated overlooking the marina and is just great. The staff are efficient, friendly and the service is great. They have a range of gluten free cakes/slices and plenty to order from the menu. Definately, be going back there again and certainly recommend to anybody looking for a relaxing meal, or a coffee break or even just to enjoy the view. I think this location would be just gorgeous at sunset for a romantic evening.

• Visited May 2012