“Overnight stay at the Sebel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sebel Mandurah

The Sebel Mandurah
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Perth
“Overnight stay at the Sebel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We spent 1 night at the Sebel for a friend's 30th. The location is convenient and the staff were friendly and helpful. The welcome bottle of bubbles was also a nice touch.

We stayed on the third floor in a superior room with a water view and breakfast was included in the rate for $344.

The room was nicely furnished, but I would say the bathroom is showing some signs of wear and tear. The main issue I had was with the balcony. The small table and chairs were very uncomfotable, so it was not a nice place to be. Also, the awning below our balcony was quite dirty, which was a bit of a turn off. Two deck chairs and some comfy pillows would be a very good improvement.

Also, you can hear other guests when you are out on the balcony and when you have your balcony doors open, so there is not allot of privacy.

The breakfast that was included in the room rate was OK. But it would have been good to have a greater choice.

We had a quick look at the pool area. It was quite small and with no view.

Overall, I would say I have stayed in some much nicer hotels at the same price point.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear cadywillis,

Thank you for providing your feedback and I am really sorry that there were some shortcomings to your stay such as the balcony furniture. We are always looking at ways we can further improve our facilities, as such we will look towards beautifying the pool area so that it is more appeasing.

Thank you for your favourable comments regarding our team, I am sure they will appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again,

Leighton Yates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I got the hotel room on a relatively cheap sale only cost me $189 for a night... This was worth it! Can't say one bad thing about this hotel, we got looked after extremely well and Bree and Michael in the M on the Point restaurant were excellent at their service!! I did want to stay there again except a two bedroom apartment is going for over $400 a night and we want to stay for 2 so it's a bit exy that weekend but all that aside it's an excellent hotel, they look after you and the food was delicious !!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Timewithmum,

Thank you very much indeed for providing your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hi, I stayed here for a conference. The hotel is new and my room was very large, well appointed and very clean. The room had a large outdoor terrace with outdoor table big enough for six people.

The staff generally were great. When I arrived the shuttle bus operator (who had not been booked through the hotel) required cash from me and I didn't have enough. The hotel staff immediately helped me and paid the shuttle bus operator in cash, and charged me later via credit card. I was very grateful for this.

The only thing I found disappointing was the lack of wifi. There is an ethernet cable but no wifi in the rooms. My Optus 3G ipad had almost no reception in my room and so I really needed wifi! You can use wifi in the smallish lobby for 60 minutes at a time (or you can use the two slowish laptops there) but it wasn't a great setup for getting work done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear AlloaCathy,

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your stay and conference. I am glad that our team were able to offer a solution to your shuttle!

We are currently reviewing our WIFI and obtaining quote to upgrade internet in the hotel. We do acknowledge the inconvenience that having no WIFI in guest room causes and are attending to this as we speak.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Regards
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the General Manager who gave us a very warm welcome and as we had arrived early, he arranged to have our room ready within the hour. We had the Spa Suite which was outstanding and beautifully decorated. The balcony was huge and overlooked the estuary and surrounding waterway. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the town centre and other attractions. The staff are friendly, helpful and very professional and we would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Geoff and Diana

Room Tip: We would suggest a room overlooking the estuary.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gsparrow
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Geoff and Diana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on your recent stay with us! The team and I are always so very happy when guests depart the hotel having thoroughly enjoyed their time with us.

Thanks again,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a corporate function held at the Sebel and everything went very smoothly thanks to the helpful and friendly staff. The food was beautiful in taste and presentation. Most of the guests for our function stayed the night in the Hotel and all said they were very impressed with the rooms. Definetly recommend the Hotel and the location is fantastic right on the water and close to cafe's and shops to wander around very enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shelby C,

It is so good to read that everyone in your group including yourself of course had a fantastic time. I will be sure to communicate this to the entire team that assisted in the conference.

Thanks again for posting this review!

Regards,