“An average stay in an average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sebel Mandurah

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Perth, Australia
“An average stay in an average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Living in the country we decided to go stay in Mandurah for the weekend.
Paying around $260 per night, well we were expecting something a fair bit better than we got.
While the view and location was magnificent, the actual room was quite disappointing.
With two single beds pushed together to make a king sized and no WIFI we weren't too happy. Okay well lets turn on the TV and have a gander and what do we see? Lots of static. And we haven't forgotten the severe lack of pressure in the shower.
After this we decided to order room service for breakfast, big mistake. We payed an obscene amount for a luke warm and very average meal.
The location of this hotel was fantastic, right on the boardwalk, next to resturants, cinemas and the theatre. It was what made this trip great. It was a five minute walk to some of the main street market style shops.
If you wanted to captialise on such prime real estate prehaps you should justify the expense of staying at your establishment with higher quality facilities.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Dan_Jess_Cunderin,

Thank you for your feedback via this review on TripAdvisor. As a hotelier, it is never nice reading how we impacted on a guests stay and for this I do apologise.

I wish to touch base on each of the items you have listed so you are aware of our interest in correcting these areas.

The bedding should not be noticed if joined correctly so I have since advised our Executive Housekeeper to reiterate to the team on how to join and ensure the mattress topper is also placed on the bed.
We are working hard to upgrade the WIFI within the hotel so that guests can use within their room. We are looking with a view to have this later this year.
We had a power surge and it create some problems with our decoders and set-top boxes. Our technical only this morning has remedied however I do apologise for this disruption.
I will ensure that our Maintenance Manager investigates the water pressure within the hotel.

Whilst we work closely with M on the Point they are owned and operated independently to The Sebel Mandurah. I will be sure to advise them of your feedback and again our apologies that your meal was not to the usual level they produce.

I would like to discuss further specifically how I may be able to further redeem ourselves with you; please feel free to contact me on my detail below.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Leighton.Yates@accor.com
08 9512 8310

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I knew that I was going to enjoy my stay at the Sebel Mandurah. It's location between the boat marina and the city centre has great views in both directions. This was the first Sebel hotel I have stayed at, made possible by Sebel coming under the Accor chain only last year.
The room was spacious and comfortable, with a small balcony furnished with table and chairs. The only reason I did not give the room five stars was because I struggled to get a reliable Optus signal unless I stepped out. The independently operated restaurant (chargeable to your room) provided excellent food and was adjoined by a spacious bar with a good selection of beers on tap. The outdoor dining was also very spacious with a view across the jetty to the foreshore. This hotel is very suitable for families.

I was also impressed with the large variety of walks available in various directions from the hotel's location. The 72 Km train trip in 50 mins from the Perth underground station makes Mandurah very accessible and well worth the visit. And if I come back I will not be looking for another hotel. This one offers everything I need.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Dear TaitBert,

It was fantastic to read your review on The Sebel Mandurah and that we created a wonderful stay for you. We really do hope to welcome you back to Mandurah one day!

Woodville, Nsw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I don't think we, or our GPS, were expecting Mandurah to be so "new", and with lots of road works and diversions, we had some problem finding the Sebel, but when we did we were impressed with the location, proximety to eateries, water, great views from the room and access to the walkways that stretch forever along the waterway. A beautiful town and the hotel is positioned to utilise the beauty.
Reception was 'efficient' as opposed to 'empathetic'. Facilities were new and clean. Plenty of public parking was available opposite the hotel. The area was well lit at night and we could see our car from the room, so the $25 valet parking fee was not a necessary option. Wifi reception was indifferent.

Room Tip: Avoid a room that overlooks the entrance to the hotel (those to the left of the main lift). Coach lo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear johnwalked,

It was great to read your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We have had some people also advise of the GPS being off so we are going to investigate some signposts along the way to help assist.

Thanks again for your review.

Bunbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We did a last minute check in on Wotif tonight for $269 inc brekkie, room 207 was very nice indeed, went out for dinner and on our return the bar underneath the room was in full swing with a live band.
The room was thumping loud, rang reception and Di was brilliant had us move up to the 5 th floor in a jiffy with tons of apologies. Really could not have asked for better service.
The new room was a full apartment with lovely views as well. Thanks Di, great service with no complaints from us.

1 Thank travelm858
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear travelm858,

Thank you very much for providing your review on your stay with us last weekend. Whilst I am very sorry that the level of noise was an inconvenience to you I am very pleased that Di, our Assistant Manager, assisted you immediately.
I will be looking into the level of noise from M on the Point to prevent a reoccurrence.

Thanks again for your comments and I shall be sure to communicate it to Di.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed just one night and booked due to the hotel's close proximity to the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. The room was fine for what we needed, clean, spacious and had everything we needed. The lady in reception was welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Our only big disappointment was the room service. The artichoke on the vegetarian pizza was non existant and the pizza was covered in far too much pepper - and I like pepper! My daughter had the steak sandwich and left most of it as it had a peculiar taste.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Perthgirl29,

Thank you for staying with us whilst you attending a show at the Performing Arts Centre. I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your short break however I will be sure to communicate your feedback to the management of M on the Point as we do not own or operate this business.

Thanks again for your review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a delightful weekend relaxing at The Sebel in Mandurah. Throughly recommended. The Sebel is a lovely Hotel overlooking both the river and Mandurah Town.Walking distance to all attractions.Yet idea for just a quiet retreat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear drivinga,

It is fantastic to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. We really look forward to welcoming you back one day!

Bunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great hotel, beautiful view, great room, friendly staff. Lots of things to do and places to eat in the immediate area. I'd recommend it to anyone. Only downside is that it really is expensive, but that's Western Australia! Still, it was a lovely place to stay.

Dear JirkaJust,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us at The Sebel Mandurah and for placing this review onto TripAdvisor. I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.