“Very dirty”
Review of The Sebel Mandurah

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived at the Sebel for an overnight stay during a business/holiday trip. The bed had been made with the sheets from the previous occupant, pillowcases had makeup on them and were wrinkled, obviously been used the night before. I tried several times to get a response from housekeeping, manager and reception. Reception finally answered and had housekeeping come and change the linen - they weren't happy about it either! The floor of the shower recess had mould growing in the grout - needed a good clean with bleach. I found some staff helpful but not terribly friendly. Our room had a lovely view but there did not seem to be any info around regarding breakfast facilities etc, we sourced these ouselves by googling restaurants nearby. A bit disappointing for our first visit to WA

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BicsCanberra
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear BicsCanberra,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your overnight stay with us.

I am very sorry indeed that the message on your complaint did not get through to me at the time.

I am very disappointed in this feedback; very clearly this room should never have been allowed for you to be checked-into and for this I truly apologise.
I have since communicated this shortcoming to our Executive Housekeeper and upon further investigation it seems that the room was accidentally put through our system by our Housekeeping Supervisor as an Inspected room thus allowing you to be checked-into it.
This is in no way excusing us from this major shortcoming but I wanted to let you know the how and why this occurred.

Please rest assured that we pride ourselves on our usual high levels of cleanliness and I apologise that you incurred this experience whilst being a guest of ours.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is lovely and I had a very nice stay. It's pricey, but it's WA, so all of the hotels are pricey - there's really no getting around it. That being said - I picked this one because it was the least expensive of the lot offered on cheaptickets.com and it was a very good hotel. THe location is perfect and both sides of the hotel offer a view of the water. It's quiet and the M bar on the first floor is a really nice place to eat. There's a breakfast place (Dome Cafe) and several places to eat within walking distance. The room was clean and nice, and they will give you free 30 minute cards for internet down in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear thewildbunny,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay with us at the Sebel Mandurah.

It was pleasing to read that you left the hotel with find memories - all the very best with the balance of your trip in Australia,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are Accor members & had a free nights accomodation owed for this year. 4 of us decided The Sebel Mandurah for Australia Day long weekend would be the go. Booked a 2 bedroom apartment, with river views. What a fantastic property. Check in was easy, given a key and told to take the lift to 5th floor, given directions to our apartment...This was the only down point. It would have been appreciated if a staff member had accompanied us with this.

Could not fault the room or the rest of our 2 night stay.2 bedrooms,with 2 bathrooms. The main had a dressing room along side bathroom.. A fully equipped kitchen, dinning, lounge area and balcony across the whole unit with full Estuary views.

This was a great weekend away and we felt like we had been away for a week at the end. All restaurants and foreshore eating houses are within easy walking distance,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear castle6076,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us over the Australia Day long weekend.

I am glad that you stay was relaxing and that everyone in your party had a nice time too.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Relaxing stay at the Sebel, nice welcome and good service, dined at the M restaurant for dinner and breakfast the next morning, Accor members so received the 50% dining discount for food, good location everything within walking distance, even watched a couple of dolphins playing in the estuary while having breakfast... Relaxing stay...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear MickCPerth,

Great to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us at The Sebel Mandurah. It is good now that M on the Point is offering the Accor Advantage Plus dining benefits - a real bonus! And so was seeing the dolphins in the Mandurah Estuary.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We just returned from an overnight stay at the Sebel - a quick getaway for my husband's birthday. I must have mentioned that on booking, because upon arrival we were treated to a complementary bottle of wine and chocolates, which absolutely made our day. Just that little gesture made us feel extra special. Our room was huge, comfy king sized bed and good pillows, soft towels and the room was very clean. Nicely designed bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room had a faint smell of stale cigarettes which was strange, but not noticable once we were settled. Perhaps it's the air con? A fastastic experience at the Sebel, we won't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for your review on The Sebel Mandurah - and great to hear that your Husband had a wonderful birthday with us.

I'll ask our Executive Housekeeper to further investigate the odour of the room to see if we can resolve that shortcoming prior to another guest experiencing the same thing.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed two nights and was disappointed with the lack of service, cleanliness and facilities. Firstly, I was not issued with a welcome letter or any information about the hotel services. My room stank of cigarette smoke, had a bottle top on the floor for two days (not mine) and lots of bits so it hadn't been vacuumed very well, there was hair on the bath ledge, the shower recess was dirty at the base, there were tissues stuffed back into the tissue box and the bed cover was very pilled and looked old. In fact the room had a tired feel about it. I noticed that other rooms had a 'Relaxing - Please do not disturb' sign but could not find one in my room and had to stop housekeeping from coming in when I was bathing. As for facilities, there were very little and with no information as to what there was, I didn't feel welcome to use what I think were complimentary coffee machines in the lobby. I also saw some food being consumed in this area but have no idea if it was available for the average guest? The pool wasn't heated and was outdoor so I didn't bother using it. The staff at the desk were not particularly friendly and when I checked out, I couldn't believe the lack of effort by the person on the desk. She didn't even ask me how my stay was or even smile. I am a local so won't be recommending this hotel to any visitors. The only positive I can think of was the free council parking opposite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MumMandurah

Dear MumMandurah,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear of your experience; the varied shortcomings raised, mainly attributed to Housekeeping, have since been communicated to our Executive Housekeeper for his comments so we can address with the Room Attendant in concern and also work out why this room was authorised by the Supervisor as having been inspected.

I will also discuss with the person who checked you in as to not forgetting in the future to provide arriving guests with our Welcome Letter, as it does provide some necessary and important information to somebody who has never stayed with us before.

There has also been some other guests commenting on the pool temperature; I have since raised a work request for the pool contractors to check when next on site, being tomorrow (Tuesday 5th March). We will have this back to the usual 26 degrees however I am sorry that this setting was not activated when you were here.

One part of your review that I was most disappointed in was the level of attention by the person on check-out. We pride ourselves here at The Sebel on our levels of service and guest engagement so for this I truly apologise. We are working tirelessly on surprising and delighting our guests so that they leave our hotel with positive commentary on their stay. I will be sure to bring your comment to the attention of the team member who checked you out.

Thank you for your feedback and please trust that I am following up on all items you have brought to my attention.

Reviewed February 28, 2013