“Average for price”

Pagoda Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Como
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The room was too small for the furniture it had in it, felt very cramped.

The room wasn't that expensive but by the time you add parking and internet fees on for each day it works out expensive for what I recieved!

Room Tip: One without a spa! It is a spa and bath in one, the spa was past it's use by date.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank finerthingsinlife23
EsplanadeGM, General Manager at Pagoda Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at the Esplanade River Suites. I was disappointed to read that you felt there was too much furniture in the room and I assure you that your personal view regarding the furniture will be considered when our Hotel Management Board next meets to discuss our future refurbishment program.

I do value your comments and I hope that it is not too long before once again we have the opportunity of offering you a very warm welcome.

There are newer reviews for Pagoda Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 25, 2012

There are local shops, restaurants and an excellent art deco cinema within walking distance of this hotel but it is best suited to business travelers with cab charges. I had two back to back bookings but I still had to check out of one room and into another which didn't strike me as a good client focus and was really inconvenient. This is fairly expensive accommodation, it's busy but as the customer you feel like you're in the way.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank 292fiona292

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your view of the Esplanade River Suites and I would agree with you that some of the local amenities of South Perth are indeed excellent. It was with disappointment however that I read that you had been inconvenienced with regard to your accommodation, although as you mentioned we were extremely busy and sometimes delays are unavoidable.

You also mentioned that the accommodation is fairly expensive although we continually monitor the prices offered by other four star hotels in the Perth area and we consistently find that our prices are competitive with similar style hotels.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Esplanade River Suites in beautiful South Perth in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

What a great spot to spend time in the lovely South Perth.

Situated on the Kwinana freeway, it's looking onto the busy traffic, but that doesn't seem to affect the lovely vibe that it has, and I didn't hear the traffic at night. I love the Como area and the nearby parks and great brunch places. You can go for a bit of a walk next to the Swan River along the Freeway, which I did at sunset and it was somehow beautiful. I normally really dislike polluted and noisy places but for some reason I didn't feel that way about this spot.

Pros:
Great value
spacious rooms
nice vicinity: Como good for a spot of shopping, brunch places, walk by the river, next to a little green park
great staff
good vibe

Cons:
far from city, must go by public transport
next to freeway (but not as bad as it sounds!)
gym resembles a dungeon

This hotel had a really lovely vibe about it. The staff are so friendly and on Good Friday morning they even had little baby chicks and rabbits in the foyer!!

The rooms are large and well equipped. I had a spa bath room and it was absolutely worth it.

Overall, I would very happily stay here again. The hotel is reasonably priced, in a good area, next to a few convenient shops, clean, equipped and just has a pleasant energy about it that makes you feel good.

Thank you for a lovely experience to all the Esplanade River Suites staff!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a spa bath
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
EsplanadeGM, CEO at Pagoda Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your very kind comments regarding our food, wine, value and guest service. It was disappointing to read your comment regarding our mini bar facilities. As a direct result I have discussed this with our Food and Beverage Manager and implemented corrective action to ensure other guests do not have a similar experience. I particularly apologise for the inconvenience that was caused.

I have received other comments from guests who attended the function. A very high percentage expressed total satisfaction with the DJ. It is always difficult to play the choice of music that is acceptable by all different groups of guests. It’s disappointing that you did not enjoy our selection.

I do hope that the majority of your stay was enjoyable as we look forward to once again welcoming you back when next you require accommodation in the beautiful city of South Perth.

Chief Executive Officer

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was one if the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The room cost 300+ which is outrageous for this place. They forgot my breakfast one day, lost my dinner ticket, an hour wait, one day I came back to a rooom that looked like it had been partied in during my absence and tonight it took an hour and a half to get dinner. They delivered the food, then 20 mins later my glass of wine. The towels are small, old, grey and rock hard. Its a terrible joke. The staff are trying hard but they really have no idea how to run a hotel. When I rang duty manager to mention all this he suggested I fill in the feedback sheet. So satisfying NOT!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I travel to Perth about once every one to two months. All hotels in Perth are overbooked and overpriced and with a below acceptable service standard, so for all of the compaints on this location - just get on with it or please build a new hotel. The on line booking lists rooms by river view or pool view. Gee the river room rooms (also face the freeway) are cheapest, there's a clue! The room service food should be avoided. The breakfast food is of course expensive but ok except for the machine coffe which is crap. Go to South Perth Atomic or Dome cafes for coffee. If you don't like the secure parking fee, park on the street near the park it's free. Let's face it, every business in Perth has their hand in your pocket for less than accepable product and service.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 12, 2012

A nice hotel just south of Central Perth. The rooms are looking a little dated - the appliances (dishwasher, washing machine) looked very 80s - but reception staff were friendly enough and despite facing onto the freeway, the rooms were quite quiet - windows are double glazed. Taxi ride to the city takes about 10 mins.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Very efficient and informative staff, helped from beginning to end of our stay. We had a small issue which was dealt with very promptly. The Beds are exceptional and very comfortable. The layout of the two bedroom apartment was perfect for our needs. we will be back. Exhaust fans in bathrooms if possible would be only suggestion.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leonie J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#13 of 65 in Perth
Metro Hotel Perth
#1 of 3 in South Perth

Been to Pagoda Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!