“Good Place to Stay”

Broadwater Resort Apartments
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Como
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Arrived for a 6 night stay. Travel agent stuffed the booking up but staff were really helpful and accomodating. Stayed in both single room apartment and 2 bedroom villa. Both very well appointed with kitchenette with dishwasher, microwave etc.all in good nick.Clothes washing facilities with dryer were really handy for the longer stay. Chemicals supplied for all. Pool available and plenty of parking. Staff were great. Televison reception however was exceptionally poor and the TV itself too small for the room and poor quality.

Location is opposite the Kwinana Freeway so try for a room at the back of the resort as the noise may affect some.

Major flaw was the onsite Indian restaurant. Didn't add any value to the resort. Probably some of the worst Indian food I have ever had. Service non existant and dull atmosphere. Dosen't serve breakfast. I didn't have the time to be hunting down breakfast before at the start of each day. Saving grace is their are some good restaurants, Cygnet Theatre, and bottle shop down the adjacent side street.

If you are driving into Perth be prepared for the usual agressive drivers especially the buses compounded by mega congestion. It would have to have been the worst aspect of my stay. Roads are closed or restricted with road side construction and footpath widening on every major throroughfare that seems to have been going on forever. Very unfriendly to drive to and as a destination..stay away. Bus stop is opposite the resort as alternate.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Lin R
ComoResortManager, General Manager at Broadwater Resort Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear 1Linron,
Thank you for taking the time to give such detailed feedback on the resort.
I am very proud of the staff we have and it is great to have them recognised for their strong customer service. We are also about to embark on some refurbishment work at the hotel including painting inside and out, and also replacement of many items inside the rooms including the televisions with an upgrade to full digital and larger screen size.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!
Kind regards, Deborah Taylor (Resort Manager)

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Stayed 2 nights for business and have no complaints. Very spacious room, more than sufficient for my needs, clean and tidy. Spa was an added bonus but takes forever to fill. No "nibblies" - biscuits, etc. as found in most hotels, but as these are apartments, I suppose you're expected to cater for yourself. Also have to find breakfast around the corner and up the street as you can't get breakfast at the apartments. Would recommend as a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The view and location is superb. But, the housekeeping was very sloppy. I had to wipe previous residents hairs from spa bath. Yuck! The amenities are really great though.The pool area is quite lovely. The traffic from being right opposite the Kwinana Freeway is a pain, bring earplugs!! Overall, could be a top resort if money was spent on updating worn couches,lamps etc... 3 star resort....... Girl on reception was not friendly. It costs nothing to smile!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed here for three nights.

The room I was in was a bit dated and needed some refurbishment and cleaning. As I had forgotten to bring my slippers/thongs, I had to walk inside the room barefoot --- that was how I discovered how dirty the carpet was! The alarm clock on the bedside table wasn't working and the lamp in the living area didn't have a bulb. I got the flakiest Internet connection I have ever experienced.

On the upside, the room was complete in other ways --- it had a complete kitchen (ref, microwave, dishwasher, oven, plates, etc.), a washing machine plus dryer, and even a spa inside the bathroom.

There is really no option for breakfast and you need to buy a breakfast hamper (good enough for 2) from them for $30. Well, the hamper consisted of croissants, spreads, coffee, cereals, juices and milk but it was good enough for me for the 3 mornings I was there.

There is an Indian restaurant at the hotel and I had dinner there. There is also a Chinese restaurant (Golden Mile, if I remember correctly) which was just a short walk.

The man at the desk (I believe he was the GM) was a nice fellow.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank middlemanontheroad
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I booked this apartment because I need a not-too-expensive place to stay for 1 night for my group of 5A2C. The 2 bedroom loft unit meets my requirement. i checked with hotel if there is after-hrs check-in procedure as we will be arriving after check-in hrs of 11pm. was told that i will receive a text message (sms) on my international roaming mobile phone to get a pin number to get through the gate. turned out that i didn't receive the sms. i tried calling the security toll-free number but couldn't get through with my int'l roaming mobile. seeked help from the kind receptionist at a resort further down the road to dial the toll free number through the fixed line phone. she managed to get a direct telephone for me to dial using my mobile phone. got through to the security line, was given a code which didn't worked. in the end, they had to get their patroling car to drop by. took 5mins for the car to arrive and the security personnel used a different code to let us in! finally managed to make our way to our apt and sleep at close to 2am! what a scare!

I informed the receptionist the next morning when we check out, and she explained that internet was down, that's why i didn't get the sms! I also informed her that I couldn't dial the tollfree number from my int'l roaming phone. She doesn't look too concerned. I suppose this hotel doesn't get many overseas guests checking in after reception hrs!

The apartment is quite clean and well equipped. but my unit faced the highway and the noise from the highway traffic kept me awake in the night! If you are not a light sleeper, i suppose you can try this place especially if you need to accommodate a large group in one apartment!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank nicyan
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Stayed here during our visit to Perth, and it had a good location if you have a car. Nice and large two bedrom apartment, small kitchen though.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Bjoben
A TripAdvisor Member
scotland u.k.
Reviewed April 22, 2006

We stayed at the Broadwater 5 years ago and thought it was lovely, on our return this year nothing has changed. Same furniture nothing new and it is in need of refurbishment. Comfortable enough and clean linen but after cleaners had been in I had to wash the floor myself. Few things broken and not replaced and some of the plastic sunbeds at the pool were cracked. The staf on reception are very pleasant and helpful and the manager was extremely nice and took on board our complaints. But Broadwater Resorts you need to spend a bit on updating I would not consider these apartments to be 4 star anymore! Still we enjoyed our stay but would have not moved on to Burswood when we did if the place had been more up to our standards.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
Quality Suites Fremantle
Pier 21 Apartment Hotel
#4 of 8 in Fremantle
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle
#1 of 1 in East Fremantle

Been to Broadwater Resort Apartments? Share your experiences!