“THE BEST OFTHE BEST”

Abbey Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
“THE BEST OFTHE BEST”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

if you are looking for a great place to stay with excellent staff, luscious views form your window and tranquility from your room, then the Abbey beach is the only place to stay.

The grounds are magnificent, the heated pool is fabulous and the service is excellent. parking is a breeze and the rooms are first class. Don't look anywhere else. Think Abbey....

Room Tip: ground floor for ease. Top floor for a view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear William C.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort. Receiving such amazing comments only spurs us on more to continue striving to provide our guests the highest level of customer service throughout their stay.

We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with standard of customer service you received from our staff. All of our staff is trained to be of assistance to our guests 24 hours a day and we believe that by going that extra mile we are able to give our guests a memorable stay.

It is also pleasing to hear that you appreciated the facilities and grounds that the resort boasts. Our maintenance department works tirelessly throughout the year to make sure our gardens are continuously in bloom and create a sense of tranquility for our guests looking to relax on their private balcony. With the resort offering 3 pools, (including our indoor heated pool) tennis and squash courts, gym, sauna and an onsite art gallery there is plenty to entertain our guests.

With the spacious accommodation that the resort offers with all rooms coming with their own 2 person spa and private balcony our aim is to create a relaxing home away from home for guests looking for a short break or a longer stay.

Thank you once again for comments and we cannot wait to welcome you back to the resort again in the future!

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Korean first
Katanning
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Think 1990's decor (pine furniture and green industrial carpet) with a clever update of paint and new fittings and you get a feel of the property age; not wow but very comfy. What is brilliant is the excellent floor plan of the 3 bedroom apartment we shared with our three kids (2, 4 and 19). Enough space for play and day to day life.
The kitchen is probably one of the best I have used in a self contained unit. Miele dishwasher, heaps of crockery etc and plenty of storage for those that self cater; if you can bring a couple of decent knives for cutting life would be easier. I suppose what I liked, as a mum, was being able to keep up with everyday duties of washing and food prep without compromising. One day I'll go to a resort where I get spoiled (saying that by day three I worked out that the room angels visit so day 4 I left the unit in moderate disarray).
The spa bathroom is, again, in the style of up-dated 90's. The openness as described by a previous reviewer can be helped by closing the bedroom door. We must have been lucky as our room had blinds and curtains so didn't feel too exposed. Word of warning though... if using the spa work out which is the intake valve. Our daughter (with two adults supervising) was sucked onto it and has a bruise in a perfect sucker shape on her back. Scary stuff.
We made an informed choice to visit in winter. We were able to enjoy the indoor pool and spa (close to needing an update), a champagne and game of hide n seek on the beach as the sun set and lots of walks to a nearby resort for a playground visit and decent coffee in the morning.
The restaurant at both levels is very expensive with serviceable quality food. We had one meal and were given superb table service and patience for the kids. Although licensed we were able to take (another) bottle of champagne (it was a significant birthday celebration!!) for a very small corkage charge relative to value of bottle.
All in all this property is beautifully kept,even in the low season, and provides a great place to have a family holiday and explore the region. Next time we'll stay at the beautiful Yallingup Caravan Park as I suspect high season at Abbey would be out of our price range for what we need.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear KidsCanCamp. Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort. As a resort that has been in operation for over 20 years we are continually looking to renovate and refurbish the resort so that we are able to meet guest’s expectations and move with the times. Such feedback as yours is invaluable to us, to continue such work and we hope we can welcome you back to see all of our improvements.

Recently we undertook a large refurbishment of all of the kitchen and living areas in our Lakeside and Beachfront Apartments, so it we are delighted to hear that you were able to appreciate the modern well equipped kitchens that our Apartments offer.

Our spacious Apartments are also ideal for families and with all bedrooms coming with an adjacent bathroom, there is plenty of space for Mum to escape! Furthermore with the resort providing a daily service the cleanliness of our Apartments are always to the highest standard. All of our Apartments also come with a Spa bath in the en-suite of the Master Bedroom with all rooms equipped with black out blinds and curtains.

It is also pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the facilities that the resort has to offer to the full. With our indoor pool heated to 29c it is ideal for guests looking to relax away from the winter cold. Also with our ultimate beachfront location our location is ideal for guests looking to walk on the footpath to Dunsborough or to enjoy the spectacular sunsets that Geographe Bay offers.

Thank you for your comments regarding your dining experience with us. As a resort we aim to keep our prices comparable with other fine dining restaurants and resorts in the region especially as we do our utmost to provide our guests in the finest locally sourced produce, so to give a taste of all that the South West has to offer. Our Head Chef at the resort takes great pride in offering our guests a seasonal menu with many dishes featuring locally produced items, as to give our guests a taste of what the South West has to offer.

As a resort we do our utmost to provide our guests with the highest level of customer experience and we are pleased to hear that we were able to achieve this during your stay. We would love to welcome you back to the resort in the future and suggest that you sign up to our VIP newsletter on our website as we often have offers for our VIP guests even in high season.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Heard lots of good things about Abbey Beach Resort so my husband & I tried it out
we had a self contained apartment with a balcony the room was large & very spacious
with everything we needed.
only down side was the water pressure was really slow & took ages to heat up. we
had dinner in the restaurant on the sataurday night the food was really good the service
was great & with a big smile.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Christie,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort. It is always great to hear that we have been recommended by past guests!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spacious accommodation that we have on offer. Our 2 Bedroom Lakeside Apartments are ideal for couples and families looking to relax. Coming with a fully equipped kitchen, large private balcony, laundry facilities and a spacious living area (not to mention the 2 person spa in the en-suite!) there is everything needed for a short weekend stay or a longer family holiday.

We are sorry to hear that you had issues with the water pressure in your Apartment. We will certainly have our Maintenance Manager investigate this further and I hope it did not detract from your experience with us too much.

It is also great to hear that you had an enjoyable dining experience with us. Our Head Chef at the resort takes great pride in offering our guests a seasonal menu with many dishes featuring locally produced items, as to give our guests a taste of what the South West has to offer. I will also be passing on your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager regarding the excellent service that you received.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Was our first time staying at Abbey Beach Resort and I have to say, I was impressed. The Spa Suite was a perfect room to spend our 2 nights there and it was great! Cosy room with a balcony, mini kitchen with a sink and best of all, it had a spa! That was the best part :D Plenty of amenities with a tennis court, squash room, heated swimming pool and spa, cocktail bar and a nice restaurant. 2 mins walk down the carpark and your at the beach watching a beautiful sunset! A fantastic place to be for a fancy get-away while you are in Busselton away from home.

Room Tip: Lower rooms are more convenient if you are in and out alot
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Justin S.

Thank you for your glowing comments on your recent stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort. Our continual aim is to provide our guests with a memorable stay and I am pleased to hear we were able to achieve this during your stay.

It is also great to hear that you were able to enjoy the accommodation on offer at the resort. Our spacious Studio Spa Suites are perfect for guests looking to escape the hustle and bustle, and with all the amenities that you have highlighted provide our guests with a luxurious base to enjoy their holiday from.

It is also pleasing to read that you appreciated the wide range of facilities that the resort boasts. Whether it is Winter or Summer there is plenty for our guests to enjoy all within the surrounds of the resort and with our ultimate beachfront location we are ideal for guests looking to explore what the South West has to offer. We also agree, the beautiful sunsets from the beach is a must see for all of our guests!

Thank you once again for your comments and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the resort again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Spent one night on a business trip to Busselton, had an SMS to say my room was ready at 11.30am while on my way from Perth, nice. Arrived at 2.30, had ten minute wait to check in. Drove to room and climbed steep stairs to my room, no sign of lift, had a lot of promotional stuff in a huge suitcase to sort out.

Room was large and OK. Asked about evening meal and directed to central cafe, asked about getting a beer and was sent to an empty bar, waited the usual 10 minutes and a very pleasant lady came out of the back room. I saw a can of Guinness in the fridge and she opened it and started to pour it into a wine class, I am not joking! I suggested a larger glass, she said there were none, I pointed to the large pint glasses in the fridge. I went off to drink the beer and came back later for my evening meal, I missed the bus tour people and had very pleasant and efficient service, the meal, two entrees came in record time, nice. Caesar salad was good, the 3 cubes of pork belly at $16 were not good, each was a one inch cube, very chewy and the "crackling" was wet leather.

Good nights sleep and was keen to get away quickly, sent by reception to a different cafe and I knew what I wanted and ordered muesli and berry compote, after waiting 20 minutes and asking if it was self service I left as I had run out of time. I can make the dish in one minute at home, a couple who ordered a full breakfast after me had finished eating while I waited.
Will I go back again, guess?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian C
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Brian C.

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. At Abbey Beach resort we do our utmost to provide our guests with the highest level of customer experience during their stay and I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not match your expectations.

It is pleasing to hear that you appreciated the early check in SMS that you received. Such features like this and the express checkout that we offer, means that our guests experience a stress free check in and check out. This being said, at times during busy periods around check in, there is often a small wait time when guests check in.

The hotel section of the resort is completely serviced by lift access and this is explained at check in by our reception staff. The side access that you took is often a quicker and more efficient way to access your room but with this being said, one of the resort staff would have been more than happy to have assisted you with your luggage had we been made aware that you required porterage.

Thank you for your comments on your dining experience at the resort. I have since discussed your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager and additional training will be given to the bar attendant that served you. This being said, as a resort we do not have Guinness on tap at the resort and we would have been happy to of instructed you of this when you ordered. Having addressed the member of staff that served you, the glass that was given was in fact one of the beer glasses at the resort and not a wine glass as stated, although I apologise a larger pint glass was not offered to you when you enquired. We will also be investigating as to why service in our Reflections Café was slow on the morning you had breakfast.

I am pleased to hear that the service during your meal was to the standard that the resort sets and expects. As a resort we aim to keep our prices comparable with other fine dining restaurants and resorts in the region especially as we do our utmost to provide our guests in the finest locally sourced produce, so to give a taste of all that the South West has to offer. Our Head Chef at the resort takes great pride in offering our guests a seasonal menu with many dishes featuring locally produced items, as to give our guests a taste of what the South West has to offer. With this in mind, I am saddened to read that the Pork Belly was not to your liking and I certainly will address you feedback with our Head Chef for future reference.

As a resort we listen to all feedback both positive and negative in the belief that such feedback can continually help the resort maintain and reach the standards that our guests expect. I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations and we will use your comments going forward in highlighting the service required to our staff and I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Pinjarra, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are in perth or coming to perth and want to get away from the city for a weekend i recommend the abbey beach resort at busselton about 2.5 hrs from perth good roads and scenery on the way to busselton.
Its right on the beach rooms are very comfortable all the rooms have a spa so pamper yourself and have a great weekend.

Room Tip: Choose first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Jeff B. Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort. We have to say we wholeheartedly agree with your recommendation!

As a resort we believe we are the ideal getaway for guests looking for a weekend in the South West. With the wide range of facilities that the resort boasts there is plenty for our guests to enjoy, all within the surrounds of the resort. Furthermore with our idyllic location overlooking the tranquil shores of Geographe Bay we are perfect for guests looking to relax on the beach.

Being at the gateway to the Margaret River wine region and a short drive from all of the region’s major tourist attractions, we are also a great base for people wanting to explore all that the South West has to offer.

We are also delighted to hear that you found the accommodation that we offer to be spacious and comfortable. Our aim at the resort is to provide our guests with a relaxing environment that they can kick back and enjoy their holidays from. Also with every room coming with their own private balcony and a 2 person spa in the en-suite, guests can enjoy that little extra luxury during their stay.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future.

Perth
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The 2brm/2bath apartment is very spacious and our daughters enjoyed the squash court, indoor pool and the spa next door while we had a relaxing time including the sauna. The corner spa in the ensuite is ideal in winter after a walk or a bike ride along the beautiful beach which is just in front of the resort. We also used the tennis court and despite of the size of the resort we never had a problem to book a tennis or squash court. The fully equipped kitchen and laundry including washing machine and dryer are just so convenient. The reception was always very friendly and helpful and we will be definitely back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ruby2002Perth
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear ruby2002Perth. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort.

We are delighted to hear that you were able to relax in the spacious 2 Bedroom Apartments that the resort has on offer. With all of our Apartments coming equipped with all the amenities needed to compliment your stay, our aim is to provide our guests with a home away from home to relax within.

It is also pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the wide range of facilities that the resort has, all within the resort surrounds. Whether it is our tennis or squash courts or choice of 3 pools, with our indoor pool heated to an inviting 29c we aim to provide our guests with everything needed to enjoy their stay. Did you know we also do free bike and wave ski hire, so that our guests can enjoy the beautiful views along the cycle path into Busselton?

As a resort we aim to provide our guests with the highest standard of customer service and experience and our staff are always on hand to offer assistance, especially as our reception is manned 24 hours a day, to cater for your every need.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Busselton
The Sebel Busselton
Amalfi Resort
Amalfi Resort
#2 of 14 in Busselton
Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton

Been to Abbey Beach Resort? Share your experiences!