“A wonderful stay at Abbey Beach”
Review of Abbey Beach Resort

Abbey Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed in a second floor 2 bedroom beach front apartment at Abbey Beach. There was much more floor space than I expected, a larger bedroom with ensuite and a large jacuzzi style bath. A twin bedroom with another shower and toilet room with large sink and washing machine and tumble dryer. A large kitchen area very well stocked with equipment then a large dining table and lounge area, tv, radio, DVD player. The room was serviced well daily with change of towels. A large furnished balcony facing towards the seafront. You can't actually see much of the beach, but there are small glimpses of the sea, however it is not advertised as a sea view so no complaints. Beach towels are provided, tennis courts, bikes to hire for a small fee, indoor and outdoor pools etc. it is a short stroll, 1 minute! to the beach which is stunning. The grounds are very well kept. My aunt got a 10 % discount as an RAC member. The drive into Busselton is around 10 mins. A fantastic stay with great facilities and beautiful beach, would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments, I am so pleased to hear you had a great stay & enjoyed the facilities we provide at the Resort, as you probably will agree, we cater for all ages!

I am pleased you enjoyed our Beachfront Apartments. They have recently undergone a renovation & we like so many of our return guests are delighted with the results. It really is a great view, over the beautiful Geographe Bay. We very much look forward to your return to the Resort in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our second visit to Abbey Beach Resort and we hope to stay there again in the future. We were upgraded to a two bedroom appartment which had good sized bedrooms, great kitchen and a large balcony. We really liked the large indoor pool. The resort also has two outdoor pools. It would appear that the Resort many different sized apartments - something for everyone. The Reception staff were very helpful and the check in and out went very smoothly. We really can't see what anyone would not like about Abbey Beach Resort. We enjoyed visiting the Hang Ups Gallery and meeting the talented Jenny Taylor whose beautiful paintings and prints adorn walls throughout the Resort.

Room Tip: The stairs might be a problem for some if you are given an upstairs apartment that is not in an area...

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your excellent comments, we are so pleased you had a great time & enjoyed your upgrade to our two bedroom apartments, which we agree provide ample space for families & couples alike. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful. Customer service & providing our guests with the best possible experience to take away is something we strive to on a daily basis to provide. I have to agree, we are very lucky to have Jenny Taylor on site & love how her painting brighten all the rooms.

Thank you once again & we very much look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Abbey beach Resort on several occasions and have always found the staff to be extremely friendly and very helpful. On our recent trip we were given a free upgrade to a beach front apartment which made our trip even extra special. The view looking out to the beach were amazing. The apartment was extremely clean and couldnt be faulted. I highly recommend the Abbey Beach Resort to anyone wanting to stay in sunny Busselton.

Room Tip: Its worth while paying a bit extra and getting a one bedroom apartment rather than a studio apartmen...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for comments, it is always nice to hear from return guests who keep coming back & enjoying their experience. At Abbey Beach Resort we always strive to make sure our staff provide our guests with the best possible customer service that leaves a lasting impression, so it pleases me greatly to hear you find our staff friendly & very helpful. We also pride ourselves on the cleanliness of of our rooms as something that makes us stand out in the region.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Check-in was smooth and hassle free,the rooms are amazingly clean. The room
We had was a Studio with Spa. balcony overlooked a carpark-boring! it was very clean,we had a small kitchen,complete with fridge,kettle,toaster. Spa was a nice touch too. The beach was behind the resort which was good for our morning walks. We paid for 2 nights cost us $424
Which I think is overpriced! Would be good if they include breakfast. We probably wouldn't stay again because of the price!
Just good to try once and that's it. The resort was very quiet which was nice but resembled a Ghost Town after awhile. No liveliness and boring. Make your own fun instead. Go somewhere else if u can or better still go camping its more fun and cheaper!

• Stayed: March 2013
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments.

I am pleased you found check in to be smooth & our rooms amazingly clean. It is areas like these that we strive to provide the best customer service, in the belief that this is what our guests are looking for.
I am sorry you felt that our rates were overpriced. I believe looking around the region our room rates to be comparable (if not better, if you book direct with us on our website) to any other Resorts in the area.

I find your comments regarding the Resort being a 'Ghost Town' slightly unjust.

Not only are we at the gateway to the Margaret River wine region, where many of our guests like to explore the many attractions that the region has to offer,we also believe the facilities we provide cater for all our guests and that many of our guests enjoy being able to relax in the quiet surrounds & indulge in the luxury of clean, well-appointed rooms hence why they book with us and not a campsite.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Abbey Beach Resort for our 20th Anniversary.
It was fantastic, Staff that took my booking were very helpful and explained all about the hotel to me which is exactly what I needed. Checkin staff were very helpful, everything was well explained.
We even got a free upgrade to a beach-side apartment!
The meal we had for dinner in the Cafe was wonderful and the staff in their were fantastic, couldn't do enough for you. Prices were great for the meal that was served.
We had a wonderful stay that will be remembered for years to come and we are looking forward to our next stay.
Thank you Abbey Beach for treating us to a wonderful Anniversary Stay.
Belinda and Marcus x

Room Tip: Apartments Beach-side are lovely upper floors will have a view too.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for your lovely comments.

I am so pleased you were able to spend your 20th Anniversary here with us & will take away memories of your stay. I have to agree that the Beachfront Apartments offer a great view over Geographe Bay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel isn't too bad very clean and tidy how ever a little out dated smells a bit and the shower had a leak so everytime we shower the bathroom floods. However fresh towels and room cleaned daily worth the money but could do with a revamp to match the description of luxury

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank CLEE85

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments. Where I accept we are not an ultra-modern hotel, I find the description of being ‘dated’ incorrect. Whilst we are not ‘modern’ in the sense of bright colors, we would see ourselves as more classical & regal, in appearance. As for being ‘smelly’ this is also incorrect and unsure how you come to this conclusion. We have recently undergone renovations to all our Resort kitchens & plan more renovations to our hotel throughout the Winter.
I certainly will address the issue of the leaking shower with the Head of Maintenance to make sure that this is rectified for the future. We certainly hope to welcome you again in the future so you can see first-hand the improvements made.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

In the early evening we went to the lounge bar, I ordered a cocktail and was told that he had a couple of others to make and then he would start on mine, that wasn't a problem, I then noticed that the cocktails that he was refering to were ready & a staff member from the brasserie had come and got them and taken them back over to the couple that had ordered them, at this time instead of making my drink which I am still waiting for the bartender proceeded to serve another 3 people that had since arrived at the bar then eventually started on my drink. After finishing our drinks my partner, myself and our children walked over the Brasserie & asked if we could have a table for dinner, this was roughly around 8pm and we were told that they were at compacity and the chef's could not handle cooking for more people but we could try the cafe. We then walked down to the the cafe, we waited to be seated and at this time were asked if we had ordered a takeaway, we said no and that we would like a table, we sat down at a table and as the waiter came over to bring us water we decided that it would be easier if we got a takeaway as the kids were getting tired, the waiter then advised us that they also do room service at a charge of $8, we told him that would be a great idea and we would call back shortly. We then went back to our room, looked at the menu and called up to order our room service, to be told that room service was not available in the room we were staying in but we could get takeaway but there would be a 45 minute wait. We had to go in the car and grab the kids some mcdonalds as they could not wait any longer to eat.
I went straight to the front office and made a complaint, we paid $314 to stay one night to get such terrible service, the lady at reception told me that she would speak to her supervisor and asked me to return. On my return about 15 minutes later, she advised me that her supervisor was dealing with it and another couple had complained and the chef was told to open the kitchen, ofcourse this was no good to me and the manager did not come and speak to me but I was told to come back in the morning and they would sort it out. At 930am when we were ready to check out I went to the reception desk and was told by the duty manager that they would give me a 10% discount on my room, a mere $31.40 is all that was being offered for our weekend away being extremely disappointing, at no point did a manager actually come and speak to me, or hear my disappointment first hand. We have driven by Abbey Beach Resort many times and always wanted to come here, now that I have wasted $314 I will never be returning and I will be advising all my friends and family to steer clear.
And I still didn’t get my $31.40 refunded, thanks for nothing Abbey Beach Resort.
It is pretty clear that you got the money for the stay in advance so didn’t really care about customer service once we were there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Michelle K
Rod_Hughes01, General Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I am disappointed to read your review, at the same time as receiving an email from you. I have addressed every issue you raised in your email and choose not to publish my detailed response here as some of what you have written are errors on your part and other points are sadly incorrect. It was clear in your email ( by the tone and comments of your email) that unless Resort Management were going to refund you more than offered you would be unhappy. We certainly value customers, however when guests expectations are beyond what it is possible to accommodate, there is little Resort Management can do to placate the situation. I am concerned that reviews such as yours that make untrue, incorrect statements are allowed to be published.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Busselton
Bayview Geographe Resort
Smiths Beach Resort
Smiths Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Yallingup
Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton

Been to Abbey Beach Resort? Share your experiences!