1,568 results
All reviewsindoor poolstudio spa suiteserviced dailytennis courtsmargaret riversquash courtan upgradebeach accessshort drivefull kitchengeographe baygreat spotlong weekendfamily holidaycafeatriumfacilities
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed in the 3 bedroom/3 bathroom for 3 nights. Got a great deal though Qantas Holidays a $1076.

Front desk staff were a little slow but were nice.

Appartment was fantastic and very clean, everything worked well. Rooms were spacious including the ensuite in the main bathroom. House keeping made beds etc ( wasnt expecting this in an appartment) which was nice.

Pools were great (I personally only use the inside pool) but the rest of our travelling party used the outside one as well.

I could have easily spent longer here and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont be too loud (speaking very loud or calling out) from the balconies as it echos.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for this review. It seems you appreciated and enjoyed the spacious facilities on offer and that your apartment was serviced, daily.

I am also pleased that our front desk staff members were pleasant - the speed by which they operate fastens as they gain experience! You may have encountered a trainee or someone who is relatively new to the position. Everyone starts somewhere and needs patience while learning. I appreciate that you offered such!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We booked two apartments for a family/friends (10 people) stay for 5 days.
We booked over the phone with no problems and our check in was handled quickly and in a friendly manner.
We found both apartments to be very clean with newly refurbished kitchens. The apartments have all the amentities you would need for a self catering stay. The bedrooms are comfortable and the main ensuite bathroom has a spa bath which is great. The apartments are serviced daily which is a bonus.
There are two outdoor pools and one indoor pool to choose from and if you do not want to self cater there is a cafe/restaurant on site. We self catered for our stay so I cannot comment on the restaurant/cafe.
The hotel is in a good location between Bussellton and Dunsborough and a short drive to Margaret River and the wine growing regions.
The beautiful beach is directly in front of the hotel and there is a cycle/walking path running along the foreshore which we found is good for a morning or asfternoon walk.
We would definetly recommend this hotel for families looking for apartment style accommodation. There are also hotel style rooms available in the main building if you do not want to stay in and apartment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Your review is almost like an advertisement for our webpage! You have positively outlined many of the features that we endeavour to promote, both within the resort and as well as the surrounding areas. I am very pleased that you had a more than satisfying experience at Abbey Beach Resort!

I also feel confident that you will return, at some stage. The sooner, the better!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and thank goodness I hah only booked that one night. Checking in was a nightmare as the girl at the reception was rude and acted as if I was bothering her, and I had to stand there for some minutes with ought being acknowledged , downright rude. On making our way up to our apartment the carpets looked old and dirty and the corridor smelled, the apartment itself I didn't like either because the carpets looked so dirty and worn out no bath tub to bath my 2 year old, I couldn't put her in the spa, there was not enough toiletries at all and the air on is only in the living area do we had to sleep with doors wide open to get but of fresh air in. The rooms could so with some better cleaning but the only thing I liked here is the well equipped kitchen, it looked new and fresh am sure they have just renovated the kitchens. Checking out the same thing the lady at the reception Jasmine was in a bad mood , took my card first then greeted me, maybe she was waiting for me to greet her first, but I don't think it works that way, I come to your work place you acknowledge me first abc vice vesa,

• Stayed: January 2013
Rod_Hughes01, General Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest. I am disappointed to hear your comments. I will certainly raise the issue regarding the reception staff, I apologise if you thought they were ‘short’ with you and did not acknowledge you, I am sure this was not on purpose. The carpets are certainly not old and dirty. Over the busy season they certainly get a lot of traffic on them and I can advise that over this period a guest did drop a carton of beer and we had to clean the carpet, so I am guessing this might have been the smell? We do not advertise that the apartments have a bath, rather a sap bath, so I am sorry you had trouble bathing the baby. There is ample toiletries in each apartment, however if you found yourself ‘short’ did you contact reception to obtain more? Thanks for your comments which contain valuable information and insights for future guests and help us strive to continue improving our customer service.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here as 2 couples for 3 nights over Xmas. We had a 2 bedroom apartment, one bedroom was not en suite with the shower/toilet in the utility room so it is obviously geared towards families. The accommodation was very good, clean, well apponted and comfortable. Housekeeping was also good considering we were staying over the holiday. We had the Xmas buffet and it was excellent. Staff both full time and temporary were friendly and efficient. All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for allowing Abbey Beach Resort to help you enjoy your Christmas festivities, and for acknowledging our Staff members who were rostered to work over this period.

It is also pleasing that you appreciated our good housekeeping practices that do not wane just because it is a busy holiday period.

We look forward to having you as return guests, at some stage, in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Rather expensive stay for rooms of not so great standard - location is great! right on the beach, but food was overpriced and rooms were disappointing - found two cockroaches on the kitchen counter when arriving.

A majority of the staff were polite and friendly, except the lady on reception at the time who I found abrupt and a bit rude.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

I am disappointed that you felt Abbey Beach Resort was expensive as we keep to a pricing structure that is in line with our competitors. Beachfront accommodation during peak periods is always very sought after so can command a higher price.

Did you report the cockroach issue? Our Housekeeping standards are very high and this would have been a very isolated occurrence and would have been attended to, if you had reported it.

We are constantly training our staff members to greet guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.. It is sad that you encountered just one person who was not up to this standard. As the saying goes "One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch".