1,568 results
All reviewsindoor poolstudio spa suiteserviced dailytennis courtsmargaret riversquash courtan upgradebeach accessshort drivefull kitchengeographe baygreat spotlong weekendfamily holidaycafeatriumfacilities
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had two nights at Abbey Beach found the rooms to be clean and the bed very comfortable. One of the best showers I have used in a hotel, plenty of hot water & great water pressure. There was a large function at the resort over the weekend and initially thought it would be too noisy but did not hear a thing in our room. The weather was fantastic and with the beach being so close made for lovely walks. The resort is half way between Busselton & Dunsborough which was handy and only 2 1/2 hours drive from Perth. Even though the resort was full there was plenty of parking space and close to our room. Would recommend Abbey Beach for a lovely relaxing stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: One bedroom apartment was very quiet, very dark and not too hot in the afternoon sun
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenny F, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Abbey Beach Resort is a sought after conference venue as it has the capacity to accommodate delegates while they are taking part in the business of their conferences. But we don't cast aside our new, regular and special guests, as you experienced! The layout of the resort allows for many functions to occur simultaneously and I am pleased that your visit was not impacted by noise or disruption. Being able to walk through peaceful gardens and stroll the beach so conveniently close to the resort, are two other great aspects that bring guests back, time after time, to Abbey Beach Resort.

Staying in this fabulous area of Western Australia - that is a gateway to everything good as far as food, wines and attractions are concerned, and, as a bonus, experiencing our best weather - makes for a good all round holiday stay! Come back to see us, soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed two nights at Abbey Beach in September in a studio room. The room was large with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. However the walls must be quite thin because we could hear the neighbours banging around during the night and even heard their phone ring! We have previously stayed twice before in a one bedroom apartment which was much quiteter and which I would recommend. The apartments probably need updating but are always clean. All restaurant, cleaning and reception staff were friendly and helpful. Abbey Beach is a lovely location for relaxing, fishing and beach walking. It is a good base for exploring the Margaret River/Dunsborough wine and beach areas. We would recommend this resort for couples and families.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are too noisy, apartments are much quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenny F, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

It seems that you are already fully aware that Abbey Beach Resort is conveniently located to exploring the Margaret River Wine Region and all the treasures that Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup have to offer.

We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms. and while it is a little disappointing that you had to endure noisy neighbours during this particular visit, I hope you will see fit to bring your family back for another stay, soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I, and our two daughters and families recently stayed at Abbey Beach Resort.
The whole weekend was a very pleasant experience.
The 2 bedrooms apartments were modern, clean and comfortable and the fact that all apartments were in the same section was most convenient.
There were some nice touches such as plenty of diswashing and sink detergents, fly spray and the usual toiletries. It was lovely to have fresh towels and a general tidy up each day.

We made full use of the indoor pool, which our grandchildren loved and us adults enjoyed a coffee next door. There were teo outdoor pools but it was a bit cool to swim outdoors. The swings were a great hit with our grandchildren and off course, the beach was very close. Parking was designated, so no hassles there. All in all we all had a pleasant stay and would definately come back.

Room Tip: Lake side is pretty handy to indoor pool and other pools, Also BBQ area and fun looking at the ducks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmen M

I am very glad that you had a well rounded experience at Abbey Beach Resort, recently, along with friends, family and grandkids. The resort is set up to make holidays as carefree as possible. Please come back for another stay, soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'd never had an opportunity to stay at Abbey Beach but had heard nothing but good reports, so was looking forward to seeing it for myself
My trip was for business reasons so the poor quality of WIFI was a disappointment but apart from that the service was good, the meals were better than average and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. I'd be happy to recommend Abbey Beach for business and for pleasure!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I am pleased that your first Abbey Beach Resort experience was generally a favourable one, WiFi issue aside. We encourage our staff members to be friendly and helpful to all guests and visitors to ABR. I hope you will consider a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

First disappointment was the surly Receptionist on duty when we arrived - given reviews on here we expected better. When we asked if it was possible to stay a second night it was ... Ummm ... No. Went away and came back and asked if we could stay a second night in a different room ... Ummm... Yes. Couldn't that option have been offered without us having to drag it out of her? My husband commented on the way out that he felt we were just a nuisance.
And in this day and age I believe it totally unacceptable to not have free WIFI - we have been travelling since late Sept and this is only the second place where WIFI has been an extra charge.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbloss
Rod_Hughes01, General Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Bbloss,
Firstly please let me apologises for the reception staff. As I am unsure of what days you actually stayed I cannot clarify which reception staff member you spoke to. I am surprised at your comment however as all the Front Office reception team are great, and this appears to be out of character for any of them. That being said our customer service should have been better and I have passed your comments onto the Rooms Division Manager and the Front Office Manager to discuss with the team and ensure this sort of thing does not happen in the future.
As for free wifi, we do not advertise wifi as free, so wonder where you got this information from, is it your expectation or perception? Guests expectation and perceptions are sometimes difficult to accommodate, and whilst we do everything possible to try and satisfy our guests, in this situation your perception or expectation of what we offer is something we could not do anything about. Unfortunately the infrastructure to implement such a guest service needs to be recouped in some way and our tariffs are such that in a very competitive market we are not able to recoup this in room tariff. I trust you chose to stay with us because you had heard about us previously or that the tariff you saw on a website or were offered on the phone, suited your budget, therefore your expectation and perception that ‘free wifi’ it ‘is totally unacceptable’ is your opinion, which of course you are entitled to.
I trust your perception and expectation did not ‘mare’ your stay too much given the facilities we do offer for free’ and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.