“Unprofessional and Would Never Recommend”

Bayview Geographe Resort
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Reviewed February 17, 2013

No sense of responsibility, No level of Customer Service, No Communication or Professional Management between any of them. Don't even bother is all i have to say! You'll end up paying big for their incompetence. And so the weary tale begins with exponential disappointment... A large group of us had 4 rooms for a function we were holding at the venue. When we called up to book in each person into their separate rooms for the event and we told by reception we did not have a function on our date and there was nothing held for us. We then later called to confirm our bookings and were told they did not have our bookings. Each time we called reception prior to our stay our reservations were always missing or the staff were completely oblivious to anything that was going on. But it gets worse.. on arrival as one of the guests checked in they discovered they had booked her in twice. What had happened is when we first called one of the uninformed staff members had booked the guests in a separate room rather than with our group, as the guest had requested. So when we sent through a confirmation of all the guests names who as we explicitly stated, " had already booked in" instead of checking the bookings they made new bookings. They then told us we had to pay the full amount for the extra room they had booked. They then proceeded to tell us it was our fault that her room was not booked in with the rest even though when the booking was made it was put under the same name. No manager was "available" to talk and we were all left with a bitter experience. I have have worked in the tourism industry for over 10 years and traveled all over the world and i have never felt such disappointment and experienced such a poor and inadequate level of management and customer service from staff, Not even in 3rd world countries! There are so many other options available for accommodation in Busselton so i wouldn't even look twice at Bayview Resort Again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travel_Bug2906
Adam R, Front Office Manager at Bayview Geographe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I have been in touch with a member of your party which stayed last weekend and have had certain things clarified and rectified with regards to the room you did not require and have since reimbursed the payment accordingly.

their did seem to be some miscommunication between your party and also some miscommunication on our end. I would certainly be disappointed if you were to come to conclusions based on your experience on the weekend because this is certainly not of our usual standard.

I do have to express that fact that I do have a lot of faith in the abilities of the staff both from Reservations and Conferencing. Staff from both departments do work tirelessly to ensure that policies and procedures are worked through and carried out to endeavour to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and generally do pride themselves on providing a good quality of service. I do not feel that the circumstances that occurred over the weekend were a true reflection of our organisational standards.

Unfortunately on this occasion you may feel that we did not deliver and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Bayview Geographe Resort

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this resort (?? - not a description I would use) last week and found it very disappointing. Unfortunately it was part of a package I had already paid for. The room we were initially put in smelt so bad it was impossible to breath easily and we certainly could not have stayed in this room for any amount of time. The main area of concern was the bathroom it smelt like the toilet hadn't been flushed for two years yet had been used daily - do you get the idea? The management were obliging and moved us to another room which was marginally better. No smell but still very basic and sparse. The TV I think was made around 1960 - incredible. Reception was pretty much non existence so this wasn't going to be a holiday where you could relax in your room watching TV. The general garden areas are lovely - very green and lush. This includes the two pool areas - one inside and one under cover. The only food area was a restaurant. As our breakfast was included we turned up the first morning keen to try it out. Well we might as well have not wasted our time and energy. It was terrible. How on earth can any kitchen chef make soggy hash browns - bacon was undercooked and greasy - again do you want me to continue? I think not.
This would possibly be an ideal place to take the kids if your expectations are not to high – would recommend you hire the complete house (if you can afford it) - we were a room connected to the main house but locked off with its own bathroom and it was about a third of the total house complex. This seemed to be the situation with all the houses - which all seemed to have A B and C entrances. If you had the whole house - which I imagine would be extremely expensive you could have a good holiday by cooking your own meals and having a roomy lounge off the three bedroom areas.
The walls are paper thin which is hard when you can hear what people next door are saying and doing.
Also the rooms were not very clean - when we moved the beds there was rubbish on the carpet - slack cleaners! Lots of bugs and insects inside our room.
One positive was that the sheets were good quality and clean plus the mattresses were comfortable – bonus !
The location is great - right on the beach and there was a really good restaurant next door which we frequented. Also close to Busselton – only a short drive.
Would I recommend this place - probably not but again it would probably be ideal for a family - as long as you don't pay too much. There are a lot of other options in the area.

Room Tip: I think it is pot luck - good luck ! Complain if there are any problems - don't pay for a sub s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kiwi-child

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Resort.

I have noted all of your comments and have taken corrective action with the team to ensure that certain issues do not occur in the future.

I do feel that we did not display our usual standard on this occasion and I would sincerely like to apologise for letting you down.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from a 9 day stay at the resort. We loved the privacy around our Studio Apartment. The unit was spotless and well set up. The staff were excellent and nothing was to much trouble. Both of the pools were great access to the beach was also excellent. There were lots of families there as it was the school holidays and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. We had such a great time we have booked again for next year.

Room Tip: One of the Studio Apartments surrounded by trees.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know some of your thoughts regarding your recent stay.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Resort and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Thanks again.

Adam Ridgwell.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend here online through Agoda Bookings. Within 30 seconds of walking into my room, I opened the wardrobe to discover a cockroach scurrying away. I immediately vacated and went back to reception where I informed 'Kate' who was very apologetic and moved me to a new room in a different area.

I soon found it and within a few minutes of my arrival discovered another cockroach crawling across the wall. This one seemed quite relaxed and in no hurry so I took a photo of it. I can understand one insect in a room but don't accept finding them in both rooms within minutes of my arrival. I returned to Reception where I showed "Kate' the below photo. She apologised again and kindly offered to find me a third room. That was no longer an option and I asked for a refund. She informed me that as the booking had been made through your company, I would have to get the refund from Agoda.

As is that wasn't bad enough, when we did request a refund from Agoda they contacted Bayview Resort who said we had stayed there for the 2 nights we booked. Obviously we told them to check again. After another week, with no response, I contacted Agoda to be informed any refund was at the sole discretion of the Resort and they were refusing. I contacted the Resort and was informed there would be no refund as their policy was 48 hours notice to cancel. I suppose I should have asked if they had cockroaches when I booked. This is now subject of a complaint to Consumer Protection.

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank klokwirk
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Rooms were outdated, showering was unsafe for the children as the temperature would fluctuate from hot to cold as a result of a faulty water heater. Carpets were disgustingly dirty and smelly, rust around the bathroom. Rooms need to be refurbished. Not worth half the money I paid for and false advertising. Indoor swimming pool roof was open due to damaged roofing "so much for indoor pool". This is not a resort, this is a very cheap outdated motel accommodation about 7 klms from the heart of Busselton. Look at another resort before looking at this.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jack H
Adam R, Front Office Manager at Bayview Geographe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It is disappointing to read some of your feedback and I am further disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay at the Resort.

With respect to the hot water we generally have not come across this issue before however would definitely send a member of our maintenance team to rectify the issue as the safety and well being of our guests is important to us. Housekeeping have also taken note of your comments regarding the carpets etc and corrective action has been taken.

In regards to the in indoor pool unfortunately we did encounter some bad weather very close to the Christmas period and unfortunately were unable to have it repaired before the holiday season as most businesses that attend to these matters close down over the Christmas Holidays.

Once again would like to Thank You for you feedback and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience

Kind regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

the surroundings and location on the beach were excellent but the room was nothing special for the price. good air-con.
Bit of a drive from Busselton so you do need a car. Nice pools and tennis courts but you need to pay to hire stuff. It was peaceful even though many families were enjoying their beach holiday. The indoor pool was quieter than the outdoor.if you are after somewhere to just relax you would probably enjoy it but 2 nights was enough for us visiting from Melbourne. Also there was a cockroach on the bench and the toaster was old and stained.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank shazaroni

Dear Guest,

Thank You for the feedback.

We appreciate your thoughts an comments regarding your recent stay and we are glad that you enjoyed our location and facilities.

Generally we do like to charge for the use of equipment as it does allow us to maintain it for the enjoyment of our guests hence why we only charge a minimal fee.

With regards to the cockroach we are situated in an area with lots of natural surrondings such as trees, bushland etc and we always will do our best to keep them outside.

Once again would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is about our 7th or 8th stay here. We used to stay in February when it is quieter but the last two times has been January and even though they are quite booked you wouldn't know it as it is quiet and having gardens between rooms makes it more tranquil. It is good for the kid's to have space to play. We love being able to walk to the beach,use the pool , games room and the restaurant. It is a bit dated but it is clean and friendly and not that expensive even though it is peak time, we stayed 6 nights and didn't want to leave as it is relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback.

We really do appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm Regards
Adam Ridgwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Busselton
The Sebel Busselton
#1 of 14 in Busselton
Amalfi Resort
Amalfi Resort
#2 of 14 in Busselton

Been to Bayview Geographe Resort? Share your experiences!