Broadwater Resort Busselton
Restawile Motel(Busselton)
Amalfi Resort(Busselton)
Amaroo Motel(Busselton)
  • Pool
All reviewstennis villaloft roomtennis courtsgames roomexecutive villaoutdoor poollocation is excellentwould stay againnice staykitchen facilitiesheated spathree bedroomlovely beachwashing machine and dryergreat familyminute drivefamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

did a one night stay in a beach front villa with an upstairs loft... it's very clean.... (they must have taken note of some of the complaints here). Upon arrival I needed a cuppa but could not use the kettle as it was absolutely dirty ....cleaning came and took the kettle to clean it. They said it was calcium build up - it was so bad that it looked like someone had tried to boil milk in it. Kudos to cleaning for coming so quickly.
yes the towels are thin... the furniture is a bit outdated (stains on the armchair rest covers, chips in the wooden dining chairs) but it's clean...
The view from my balcony would show the beach but it's actually mostly obscured by trees...however it's lovely.
I filled my bath to have a spa and was disappointed to find that it didn't work.
Also there are no instructions on how to get lighting (figured out the white attachment to the keys is inserted in a special wall fitting - thanks for telling me - not)
The grounds are nice and I had the pleasure of having the lovely scent of port wine magnolia wafting upstairs to my balcony..
My boys had a wonderful time (obsessed with indoor pool) and we went to the restaurant last night - they had pizza and I had a steak which became a bit of a dispute with the restaurant manager - I wanted medium rare and instead got medium well done - I called him over and he said he could redo the steak but it'd end up the same because it's the same cut - say what??? No I told him it's in the length of time that it's cooked. I did not appreciate him trying to tell me that , as most of us know that what he said was utter balderdash.
I ended up with another steak which was perfect in places and I was satisfied. The desserts were to die for...highly recommended. For variety, I might try Mercure next time..

Room Tip: note - the bath in the master bedroom is not suitable for people who have difficulty getting in and out of a bath. The shower is in the bath and the step up is very high.. not good for people with bad knees.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Slightly dated but clean,
The room was a standard bedsit with very small kitchenette with a sink & connection microwave, large bathroom, shower was over the bath.
Large tv.
Good location right on the beachfront but about a 10 minutes drive out of Busselton.
Has a good restaurant in the complex but you'll need to drive into town for other dining.
There's a small shopping centre with an IGA about as 5 minute walk down the road but there's not much else around apart from other accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here with three kids for a weekend getaway using a Spreets voucher. For the price we paid I am very happy, however at full price my review would vary a bit. As other reviewers have said, the rooms are dated and tired, however we all found the beds perfectly comfortable which is really my major consideration for a hotel/apartment! The location with direct access to a playground and then the beach is fantastic; I enjoyed a lovely run along the extensive dual-use paths. It was cold when we were here so the indoor pool was perfect for our needs.
The apartment, despite being dated, was a good size with a particularly large main bedroom. The extractor fans didn't seem to work in the ensuite which was mildly annoying. The towels were fine, I always laugh at people who stay in apartments/self-contained accommodation and then complain their towels don't get changed every day.
The staff were all lovely and helpful throughout our stay and the one meal we ate in the restaurant was delicious (breakfast - I recommend the brioche!)
We did have an unexpected trip to the District Hospital ER after our 4 year old fell down the very steep stairs up to the loft bedroom. I can't blame the resort for this as we told the kids a hundred times not to play on those stairs (!!!) but if you have young kids or mobility issues it is worth noting that the stairs up to that loft bedroom are extremely steep and narrow.

Room Tip: Be wary of the 3brm villas if you have young kids - the stairs are very steep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Resort Busselton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Georgieandthree,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay at the Resort. It is through feedback such as this that we can improve on our services and standards. I appreciate your positive comments regarding the staff and the resort facilities and am glad that you found it to be good value for money.

I have noted your comments with regards to the stairs in the loft apartments, and if you do visit us again we do have some stair safety fences available through Housekeeping if you book this room category and are concerned about stairs with the children. I'm very sorry to hear that this resulted in a visit to the local hospital ER and do hope that they have recovered from their fall.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the future.

Tracy Low (Resort Manager)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A plus review for the restaurant, great food and wonderful service. We ate twice on our weekend stay and was not disappointed. Love the location of the place and the size of the rooms. But the place was quite run down and really needs to be refurbished throughout. The kitchenette and oven really needed a good clean. But the indoor pool was great with the kids. So it is hard to review with great pluses and minuses.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ellyfairnight,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Resort. It is great to receive your positive comments with regards to your meal in the restaurant and the location of the property and resort facilities.

I acknowledge your comments relating to some aspects of the resort being a bit run down, and we are currently in the process of addressing some of these items through a refurbishment project. This will see a number of items in the guest rooms and resort facilities upgraded over the next 12 months.

Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards, Tracy Low (Resort Manager)

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently booked a weekend at the Broadwater through a voucher and the deal was very good. As soon as we opened the door we were all surprised at the rooms, very musty smell, old carpets, stained couches, beds soft. The rooms & bathrooms were clean. We would never pay the going rate. A great location, the grounds were very neat and well looked after it's just such a pity the state of the rooms. We had breakfast one morning and the food was great and the service fantastic the girls (& guy) were very friendly and we some good banter with them. Always makes it a pleasant experience when the wait staff actually want to be there and are happy to converse with the patrons. We wanted to try the restaurant for an evening meal but they were booked out... that says something.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DJB_54

Dear DJB_54

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Resort. I was very pleased to hear that you found the location of the resort and the grounds appealing and that you had a very positive dining experience in the Restaurant.

I was sorry to hear that you had noticed a musty smell upon entering your room and have addressed this with the Housekeeping Manager. I also acknowledge that the rooms are in need of some upgrades and we are working towards refurbishing of some items as required in the accommodation over the next 12 months.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to welcome you back to the Resort!

Kind Regards, Tracy Low (Resort Manager)