“Extremely poor hotel rooms”

Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Perth, Australia
“Extremely poor hotel rooms”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night. We had one of the loft bedrooms and from the moment I opened the front door I was mortified! The smell was like old sweaty socks. The awful old carpet had brown stains under and around the dining room chairs and table. The bathroom was mouldy, grouting on the bathroom floor dirty, paint peeling off the walls, lots of dents out of the dirty walls. The furniture was in extremely poor condition, air conditioning really noisy and the towels were paper thin! We were moved from one room into another but the quality was much the same. Very, very poor. We stayed at Bunker Bay the next night and for $40 more than Broadwater were charging, had a beautiful room. Absolutely no value for money!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 154travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The resort is in a great spot, but whoa its showing its age. When it was built, I'm sure it was stunning, but it seems very run down these days. From the second story appartments, the gutters are full of leaves , which is a fire hazard. The carpets inside look like they have seen better days. The grounds although kept nicely, are dim and gloomy. The housekeeping doesnt come in every day, after going to Bali, you realise how much is lacking in resorts here. For a 3 bed appartment, there were insufficient pots and pans. We found a dead possum underneath a small bush, and informed the staff, because there were alot of kids around. Two days later it was still there. On the plus side, the cafe restaurant is good. Nice meals, great service. Great location to beach, and just down the road from the grocery store. Really uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I booked a studio room to get ready for my wedding and to spend my wedding night there.

CONS: To my disgust I found out that there was no housekeeping so I had to use towels two nights in a row as theywont come and clean your room unless your hear for more than a week. We tried to relax in the spa, and after filling it up we found it didn't even work. There was mould all over the shower curtain and down the side of the toilet.

There is only two towels per room with no spares anywhere. You also can't watch tv in bed as they are in separate rooms.

PROS: Comfortable beds, awesome aircon & good security.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Loren84

Travelers are raving about these Busselton hotels

Mandurah
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here on an anniversary during winter.
The apartment we had was fine, however the bathroom was outdated and PINK.
There was more than enough space for the two of us.

The facilities were great, indoor pool was lovely and warm.

Location was quite a drive from town but there are shops in walking distance such as fish and chips and deli.

It is cheaper than the other resports in town and I would stay again :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RhiannaWeston13
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Having purchased an online deal for 2 nights at the Broadwater and then reading the reviews on here I was hesitant about hoe good our stay would be, so I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised!

We were given the 3brm loft tennis villa and I was pleased it resembled the photos from their website rather than the ones on here. It was spacious and clean, slightly outdated but comfortable.
We had a problem with ants in the bathroom but were given fly spray after calling reception. Apparently the area is bad for them although pest control sprays regulary.
We had 2 ducks visit every morning which the kids loved.
The pools were brilliant and both kid friendly.
We didn't use the bbq's or eat at the resturant which was quite pricey.
The corner spa bath was great for us adults however being so deep I actually had to get in with the kids to wash them, fun for us but something for others to consider!
If another deal came up I'd stay there again but not for full price.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank perthmum2
australia
Reviewed February 7, 2012

As an Internet deal it was good value. We all thought the place was in a need of a face lift so I am pleased we were not paying the full price. It was clean and tidy but the vinyl floors in the sitting areas left a lot to be desired, otherwise good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank aussietraveller03
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed one night in an horrendous room. The carpet had more stains than actual carpet and even a spot of vomit on the floor at the end of the bed. The bathrooms and kitchen were an early 90's throwback with peeling chipboard in the kitchen and mould growing in the bathroom. Cracked tiles and hair growing at the base of the toilet along with the black grout on the floor when it should actually be a lovely shade of pink....NOT! All the furniture was chipped and scratched and really in need of bonfire. At $169 a night it was a complete rip off. At checkout I was all set to give them my feedback, however I didn't have any faith in the trainee at reception or the time to bother. They will receive a sternly worded email instead...including the photos.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the hotel suites.