“Sad to see it like this....”
Review of Restawile Motel

Restawile Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Reviewed February 17, 2014

It pains me to write this review as I have stayed at this place 3 times prior to this visit. I will always try to equal out negative comments with positive....so lets begin:
We arrived to be notice building works happening on the site & was met at the desk by the very cheerful & helpful Roland. Roland explained they were having 8 new units & a convenience store built at this time - I noticed the units had all been painted since the last time we had stayed (4 years prior) and this gave me the (false) impression they had upgraded everything from our last stay...but as we pulled up we started to fear the worst. The fly screen door wouldn't close properly, and as we opened our door to our room we noticed a very old, outdated room that was in drastic need of a redecorate & proper clean. The old style wooden panelled walls looked tired...the shower & toilet floor looked dirty and aged....our extractor fan made such a din we had to shower with it switched off. We struggled to open the fridge due to the positioning of an oversize dining room table. The bed was sagging due to aging. But the positives were that the shower was nice and hot and powerful. The tv & dvd player was fairly new. The fridge was nice and cold. The microwave was clean & in good working order...and the price - $80 per night....so I am trying to make this a constructive review rather than moaning. It is that age old saying...you get what you pay for....BUT little things like the pool (which by the way was lovely, clean & refreshing) was surrounded by dried long grass that hadn't seen a mower or sprinkler in ages, and made walking or lying on it uncomfortable - please, if your going to tidy up the exterior by painting the units then a bit of gardening goes a long way. Back to the positives - the new units look lovely (Roland explained they have been severely let down but contractors but hope to complete in 3-4 weeks) and one would hope that once they are finished they will then strive to work on upgrading the old rundown units.
To close I will say this. If I was coming down on my own for work or just some "me" time then I wouldn't hesitate to stay here as it is functional & cheap....but sadly if it's with my wife then we'll have to stay somewhere else as she didn't sleep well and didn't even want to stay the 2nd night that we were booked in for (but she did after some persuasion).
I hope they can do something to save this lovely little motel....Both Roland & Pamela have a lot on their hands to get this back to how it needs to be...and if they do we will be back :)
I have to add that we travelled with my in laws and their room, although still slightly outdated, was much nicer and if we had been in that room this review would possibly been a lot more positive.

Room Tip: Room 16 seemed nicer than our one
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BennoDeal_Kent

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here only for 1 night in January. We only needed a basic place for shower and sleep. We arrived early at 1pm and check-in time was 2pm. The lovely lady at reception saw us pull up as she was heading off somewhere. But she got out of her car and came to let us check in.

The motel is old and tired from the outside. But the room we had - a queen - was clean, neat and tidy. The shower was large with great water pressure. There is a melamine single door cupboard (with shelves and hanging space but no hangers) in the bathroom. Towels, bath mats, soaps and linen are provided. Plates, cereal bowls, mugs, glasses, toaster, kettle and cutlery are also provided. There is also a small table with two chairs in the room.

There is a pool at the motel but no shade, so only good for a quick dip and it shuts at 7:30pm. We didn't use it so not sure what water temp is like.

Overall if you need a place for sleep and shower, it is great value for money; we paid $85 for the night. We would definitely come back again as it fulfil our needs. But for longer stay, you may wish to reconsider as the walls are paper thin. We were woken up at the crack of dawn by the children next door turning the TV on at top volume! We thought someone switched our TV on!!! You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for room with no one next to you as walls are very thin.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skyecougar
Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was a last minute booking so very little was available. The room was very dirty, smelly and just unappealing. Very dusty with disgusting bathroom and dirty towels . Other guests at the hotel were loud and rude. Overall was very disappointed and think it is very over priced even for a cheap hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank sonia h
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. Only $65 for a large room with all the basic facilities. Rooms are old but excellent value for money and staff are very friendly. only a couple of minute walk to beach and a little out of town so closer to get to dunsborough and margaret river

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank diva d
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed one night on recommendation of info centre, it was ok, clean sheets and towels, with hot water. But other guests are on gov handouts living there. I know you get what you pay for, but $50 would have been too much to pay for.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed December 16, 2012

the old saying ..you pay for what you get..Husband & I recently stayed there for one night ,should have known what to expect when we were welcolmed with a pile of leaves at the front door...The layout of the place was great but the presentation was appauling..Surely Management must be able to see how much the walls and doors have paint chips all over them, grab a paint brush and touch them up..The lovely 1970's lace curtins were filthy.. the three lounge chairs were disgustingly dirty, frayed & smelly, I have seen better on the curb side pick ups. The 1970's Dining table and chairs were all squeeky..Mattress and Pillows in the main bedroom were very hard,therefore had no sleep.The tiles in the shower recess was all covered with a brownish coloured silicon and looked disgusting..and to top it all of the exhaust fan in the bathroom had a build up of many years of dust and cobwebs ..Again surely managemnet would see that for themselves.Could not wait to get out of the place and move on to Mandurah where for an extra $40pn we had cleanliness and luxury.. We will NEVERr stay there again..

Room Tip: find out which ones a bit more modern (if any) and go for the ones that dont have possums running a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I checked in around 4pm but there was a little confusion as the motel couldn't find the booking at first, but after showing them the confirmation email they managed to find it.

I was given a room/unit at the rear of the complex near the swimming pool, the room was basic, but did have several issues, I found the bed to be super soft, and i found the room rather uninspiring.

The hotel provided tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms, but these were not restocked during my stay, the room/unit was not cleaned out and i had to get rid of several spiders and bugs during the stay.

On a positive note, the room/unit i was allocated was very quiet, ideal for the light sleeper and the air conditioning was excellent.

The leisure facilities consisted of a swimming pool, which is reasonably sized, but did have bugs and leaves floating in it, but i did find towards the end of my stay there were fewer of these in the pool.

Overall: an okay motel, with basic facilities, would i stay here again, yes, but would take refreshments for the room/unit as there are no shops nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo